RoW Chapter 6 Discussion

Jofwu

I spend most of my time over on Tor but with the chapters coming out I like getting even more input. I keep wondering if Jezrein is "dead" or has been captured into that knife and could be reincarnated like the Fused. At any rate, there seems to at least some free will among the Fused and the unmade. Kaladin may well be able to earn Leshwi's respect and turn her (and her squad) just as Sja-Anat wants to switch sides. I thought Nall stated he was supporting Odium when he left Szeth? I bet we are going to have both sides end up a mix. Remember, the dark has to exist for the light to exist. It seems the end game would ultimately be a balance like Harmony.

It really seems like Navani is being set up for the Sibling. 

38 minutes ago, GoddessIMHO said:

I keep wondering if Jezrein is "dead" or has been captured into that knife and could be reincarnated like the Fused.

Jezrien is dead dead. From a WOB: https://wob.coppermind.net/events/377-idaho-falls-signing/#e12261

Brandon Sanderson

It's killed him-- It was like, extra killed. The Heralds are bound to a cycle of rebirth that happens-- that they wanted to make sure didn't happen that time.

2 hours ago, GoddessIMHO said:

I thought Nall stated he was supporting Odium when he left Szeth?

That's not exactly accurate. He isn't siding with Odium, he's siding with the Singers. At the moment they may be the same thing, but if the Singers start to split from Odium Nale will go with them. I'll be interested to see what he does when Singers start to switch sides while the Fused stick with Odium, since that's the most likely imo. I'm inclined to think he's specifically following the Fused since he's basically chosen sides based on who has the earliest claim to Roshar, but perhaps he'll instead base it on the majority of the race rather than its oldest individual members. So in the end it might always be the same as siding with Odium but I think the distinction is worth considering. In any case, he probably won't be taking orders from Odium directly.

3 hours ago, bdoble97 said:

I can't wait till tomorrow at 9 once I drop my 2 year old off at camp I'm reading chapter 7. This has been so much fun so far reading a chapter or two and then being able to come hear and talk and read about it with all you fine people.  

Same! The three people I know IRL who are anxiously awaiting the RoW release are dutifully not reading the early release chapters and I'm feeling very stifled on our group chat. lol Thank you, anonymous Sharders, for being my lone source of sanity during this tumultuous time. lol

1 minute ago, Bliev said:

Same! The three people I know IRL who are anxiously awaiting the RoW release are dutifully not reading the early release chapters and I'm feeling very stifled on our group chat. lol Thank you, anonymous Sharders, for being my lone source of sanity during this tumultuous time. lol

Haha I dont know anyone IRL that read Brandon Sanderson so this were I get to talk to anyone one who reads his books. 

3 minutes ago, bdoble97 said:

Haha I dont know anyone IRL that read Brandon Sanderson so this were I get to talk to anyone one who reads his books. 

I had two friends (married couple) introduce me to Mistborn about 5 years ago, and it's now me, them, and their brother. That's it. :-) My husband made it through 1.5 mistborn era 1 books and called it quits.

On the one hand, tis lonely to be a brando sando fan in this house. on the other, I got to totally give a 5 minute spoiler rundown to my husband for Mistborn era 1 and Secret History and it was magnificently satisfying to tell him all the things. lol I look forward to giving him the rundown of RoW when it comes out. For SA overall, I was like: "so yeah, there are these ghosts, right, who keep getting reincarnated into alien bodies and they have different powers and some are insane. and there's an evil god who gives them their powers. And the heroes are human-like but they are all totally psychologically messed up but that works in their favor actually because they get powers from these things called spren which are like thoughts, but you can see them sometimes and they flit and fly around. And the magic comes from this storm that has a big spren that looks like a old man and he sends the magic source down to the people in the form of light that they store in spheres and then use to fuel their flying and healing and stuff." lmaooo

14 minutes ago, Bliev said:

I had two friends (married couple) introduce me to Mistborn about 5 years ago, and it's now me, them, and their brother. That's it. :-) My husband made it through 1.5 mistborn era 1 books and called it quits.

On the one hand, tis lonely to be a brando sando fan in this house. on the other, I got to totally give a 5 minute spoiler rundown to my husband for Mistborn era 1 and Secret History and it was magnificently satisfying to tell him all the things. lol I look forward to giving him the rundown of RoW when it comes out. For SA overall, I was like: "so yeah, there are these ghosts, right, who keep getting reincarnated into alien bodies and they have different powers and some are insane. and there's an evil god who gives them their powers. And the heroes are human-like but they are all totally psychologically messed up but that works in their favor actually because they get powers from these things called spren which are like thoughts, but you can see them sometimes and they flit and fly around. And the magic comes from this storm that has a big spren that looks like a old man and he sends the magic source down to the people in the form of light that they store in spheres and then use to fuel their flying and healing and stuff." lmaooo

That's hilarious I tried to explain these books to my wife and she like yeah OK honey. Hahaha

1 hour ago, bdoble97 said:

That's hilarious I tried to explain these books to my wife and she like yeah OK honey. Hahaha

My wife recently said that she'd be willing to listen to me summarize the first 3 books before RoW comes out. Currently in Part 4 of WoR. Unfortunately it's taking me forever and I'm losing her interest because I constantly have to backtrack and say, "Oh, wait, I forgot to tell you about this OTHER thing that happened earlier in the book..." 

2 minutes ago, Cheat Commando said:

My wife recently said that she'd be willing to listen to me summarize the first 3 books before RoW comes out. Currently in Part 4 of WoR. Unfortunately it's taking me forever and I'm losing her interest because I constantly have to backtrack and say, "Oh, wait, I forgot to tell you about this OTHER thing that happened earlier in the book..." 

Yea I feel bad for my wife. She married a huge nerd and has to listen to me talk about Stormlight archives, Lord of the rings ,Star Wars star trek and my own story and my drawing that I have been writing/drawing for the past 3 years  that will probably never be finished haha but still fun to write and draw. 

4 hours ago, bdoble97 said:

That's almost verbatim my husband's reaction. I hid my scifi/fantasy self from him until it was too late for him to bolt. I just told him that I love Brandon Sanderson like he loves Phish and he finally understood. So he gets his Phish concert getaways with his friends and I get to chat about random WOBs on the interwebz. win-win, eh?