Could aluminum heal savantism?

Elsecaller_17.5

I don't think aluminum could reverse Savantism. Your Spiritweb gets altered by Savanthood. It isn't harmful Investiture, it's mutated Investiture, permeated through your Spiritual self: it's becomes a part of your own Spiritweb.

Just like Cosmere healing wouldn't work on it, because it applies your Spiritual ideal onto your Physical body, and your Spiritweb has itself become altered. Aluminum wouldn't be able to do anything either: because it's not harmful Investiture that's affecting you, it's your own inherent Investiture that has been altered by sustained exposure to certain type(s) of Investiture.

Edited by Honorless

Aluminum Spike might do it.  It should in theory permanently remove all powers from the recipient, which I think could take the savantism with it.  Alternatively it might just make it worse. For example removing Tin after getting the sensory overload issue might have additional fallout where the senses are reliant on the allomancy, so removing makes you blind and deaf.

Going a bit further into theory territory here, but Aluminum Feruchemy might. It stores Identity so if you had stored Identity before Savanthood then maybe. This is if it can store more esoteric aspects of Identity and not just the Spiritual fingerprint part of it. Which I'm inclined to believe that it can considering that Duralumin can store things like 'blank' Connection 

Edited by StanLemon