Alethi Battle (Card Game)

stormlyte

Hey everyone! I ran with brilliant ideas from @Graulas and @parchmentEngineer and had this game printed a few days ago! It's from the beginning of Oathbringer

Spoiler

when Kaladin is captured and the Listeners are playing a card game. 

Here are some pictures of it:

Alethi Battle 1.jpg

Alethi Battle 2.jpg

@Lotus, here are the files in case you'd like to print them yourselves :)

NOTE: The files I have uploaded are meant to be uploaded to Print & Play Games (https://www.printplaygames.com/).

Cards

The card files are formatted to be uploaded for this type of card:

https://www.printplaygames.com/product/cards-small-square/ (choose "print double sided" and then whatever paper stock. I chose "gloss premium black core")

Rulebook

The little rulebook pdf is specially formatted for this:

https://www.printplaygames.com/product/custom-rule-booklet/?attribute_pa_booklet-size=small-booklet&attribute_pa_pages=16

Note picture below with specs on the size of the booklet.

Box

https://www.printplaygames.com/product/tuckbox-36-square-cards/?attribute_pa_print=blank

All of the cards/rulebook fit nicely in the box.

Enjoy! :)

Alethi Battle - ready to print files.zip

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 1.06.51 PM.png

• 4 months later...
33 minutes ago, ShaAn the Kandra said:

I just ordered 5 copies of the game. I actually used the full back side sheets for the incomplete fronts to have extra blanks for expansions and whatnot. Also, I plan to pass on a copy to Skar, so he can show Brandon and see what he thinks of it.

That is awesome!!!

24 minutes ago, ShaAn the Kandra said:

If Brandon asks, whose contact info do I pass along as the primary designer of the game? There was a lot of collaboration and what not, so I am not sure who to properly credit and have them contact if they care.

here ya go:

https://www.17thshard.com/forum/profile/37294-graulas/

https://www.17thshard.com/forum/profile/25196-parchmentengineer/

you can include me if you’d like, but if anything, as a “collaborator”; those I mentioned above originally came up with the game and designed it.

13 hours ago, ShaAn the Kandra said:

I posted my same question on the page where those guys and maybe one or two others posited ideas, but I wasn't sure who the main mastermind was. Seems to have been Graulas. Hope he gets back to me if they want his number or whatever. Otherwise I can just forward his profile link.

That’s great!! Post pics when you get yours in and tag me, I’d love to see them!!

Right, so we found the exact same thing happened to us when we (my wife and I) played a couple of rounds. I realized quickly that using the Soulcaster repeatedly did not allow for actual strategic gameplay. As in we both started bringing out the Soulcaster earlier and earlier and routing each other to oblivion haha. 

The game has a loooooooot of kinks to be worked out, for sure! There’s also the question of what happens if the different parts of your army become separated...how do you lay new cards? Where? 

I need to play more, but I would think allowing deployed cards not currently touching an enemy to move up may help, or count diagonal contact as touching. I think we need to convince Brandon to release his actual rules for the game, though. I passed on a copy to Skar and one for him to pass on the Brandon today, with hopes of getting us the real rules.

Edited by ShaAn the Kandra

43 minutes ago, ShaAn the Kandra said:

I need to play more, but I would think allowing deployed cards not currently touching an enemy to move up may help, or count diagonal contact as touching. I think we need to convince Brandon to release his actual rules for the game, though. I passed on a copy to Skar and one for him to pass on the Brandon today, with hopes of getting us the real rules.

Absolutely!! Let me know if you hear anything back!

• 1 month later...

hi!!!

i just replied in the old thread of this, i don't know which one is the main one by now. But anyway, thank you all, you are an amazing community. And for sure that i am willing to contribute in whatever i can to make this better.

• 1 month later...

Just saw the old thread yesterday. Didn't know this was here. (One of the major testers on the old thread).

On 1/10/2021 at 4:18 PM, ShaAn the Kandra said:

So, you've actually got a copy passed along to Brandon? Have you heard anything?
Also, Graulas and I thought we needed a way to contact Parchment. You have any ideas on how to do that?

Edited by Rashek of Bridge Four

On 1/10/2021 at 4:18 PM, ShaAn the Kandra said:

How do you send things to Brandon? I want to send him a copy of my completed Tarot deck as a thank you gift, but I’m not sure how to get it to him.

14 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

How do you send things to Brandon? I want to send him a copy of my completed Tarot deck as a thank you gift, but I’m not sure how to get it to him.

Great question!! I used this exact address to send him some music I composed and actually received a reply from Brandon himself... bucket list = done. haha. Amazing guy!! 

Brandon Sanderson fanmail address.PNG

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...