Mat

Should I change my display name?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What the title says. Should I?

• Yes, do what you want, it won't be too confusing
    • You can, but it'll be kinda confusing for awhile
    • I would rather you don't, but if you wish it so then fine
    • Please don't. The confusion would be endless

I will tell you all a story on this fine morning: Once upon a time, there was a teenager who loved Brandon Sanderson, and he decided to make a forum account. it just so happened that he was reading the Wheel of Time at the time of this decision, and thus thought it would be a good idea to make a WoT name.

That teenager was me. And now that my Wheel of Time craze has worn off, I have found myself wishing for a Cosmere name. So this is the question: I want to change my display name and pfp, but have made a sort of reputation on the Shard, and people actually know me. Go figure... So I don't want to cause confusion. This poll/topic serves two purposes: To give everyone a sort of heads-up for the name change that will probably eventually happen- and to get an idea of how confusing this will be. Thanks! :P 

Later--- CLOSE THE POLLS! I have hereby decided to keep my name, and my new pfp. 

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Noooo, I'd rather you don't :/ Not that it would cause confusion, I wouldn't mind that. But because Mat is iconic. And he's the best. Why would you want to change your name to anything other than Matrim bloody Cauthon. Though it's your account, and it's your choice and I'll be totally fine with it. What would you change it to anyway? Hoid's Flute? Wait... that's actually not half bad. :P 

Start by changing one at a time, please. If you want to change your name, you should, or your profile picture. Just please don't change both at once.

We'll probably be mildly confused for a little, but it will be fine. 

1 hour ago, TJ Shade said:

Noooo, I'd rather you don't :/ Not that it would cause confusion, I wouldn't mind that. But because Mat is iconic. And he's the best. Why would you want to change your name to anything other than Matrim bloody Cauthon. Though it's your account, and it's your choice and I'll be totally fine with it. What would you change it to anyway? Hoid's Flute? Wait... that's actually not half bad. :P 

17 minutes ago, Mist said:

Start by changing one at a time, please. If you want to change your name, you should, or your profile picture. Just please don't change both at once.

We'll probably be mildly confused for a little, but it will be fine. 

Yeah, the SE folks is who this was mostly geared at :P 

I probably would make it 'Illuminator', which is the non-canon name for a Nicroburst/Sparker Twinborn, which was my role in LG66. I also would change my rank from 'Rolling Rolling Rolling' to 'Was Matrim's Dice' for at least a month or so, and put that in place of the link to this poll in my sig.

And the one-at-a-time idea is a good one. I'll do that, if/when I decide to change them.

Would it be better to change it during a game or in between a game? I can't decide which would be more confusing :P 

Edited by Matrim's Dice