Strange Kandra in BoM

Koloss17

So I bet there is another thread talking about this, but I just couldn’t find it anywhere. 

so the set had these weird Kandra, if I recall correctly. It seemed kind of obvious that they weren’t really Kandra and most likely agents from another shard. They had red eyes, I believe, which points toward odium. But red is also just corrupted investiture, right? So just one of the bad shards. Which leaves as far as we know odium and autonomy, because ruin is obviously a no go.

There have been many theories on what is attacking scaldrial in mistborn era 2 but I think it’s up in the air, right? There’s red mist in the cosmere cognitive realm map during stormlight archive 1-5 time, which many have assisiated with odium. But Taldain and scaldrial have a lot of worldhoppers going back and forth, which is why Trell is in both white sand and mistborn era 2, meaning autonomy is also a fair bet.

did I hit what we currently are in a consensus of or am a missing or misunderstanding some parts? It is really hard to find any info regarding the strange Kandra, which is kind of irritating. I couldn’t find anything on the coppermind. 

given what we know, what are these strange Kandra? And who do they work for?

also I hope I didn’t put any spoilers for other books. I’m fairly sure I did not, though.

We don't know much about the Faceless Immortals of the Set aside from the red eyes bit. It seems they are Cognitive Entities or at least have access to the Cognitive realm from that comment about serving them in another Realm.

*Full Cosmere spoilers*

Spoiler

As for Trell: we've been told it's not Endowment. Dominion, Devotion, Ambition, Honor are Splintered. Cultivation & Odium are a wee bit busy. Autonomy has a history of meddling on other worlds. Plus, yeah, the Trell bit. People think it's Autonomy or one of her Avatars. Then again others think it's Odium. He has a habit of meddling in other worlds too, and picking fights with other Shards. Plus, there's the timeline bit of Mistborn era 2 & 3, and SA two halves. I personally think that it's Autonomy.

Edited by Honorless

6 hours ago, Honorless said:

We don't know much about the Faceless Immortals of the Set aside from the red eyes bit. It seems they are Cognitive Entities or at least have access to the Cognitive realm from that comment about serving them in another Realm.

*Full Cosmere spoilers*

Hide contents

As for Trell: we've been told it's not Endowment. Dominion, Devotion, Ambition, Honor are Splintered. Cultivation & Odium are a wee bit busy. Autonomy has a history of meddling on other worlds. Plus, yeah, the Trell bit. People think it's Autonomy or one of her Avatars. Then again others think it's Odium. He has a habit of meddling in other worlds too, and picking fights with other Shards. Plus, there's the timeline bit of Mistborn era 2 & 3, and SA two halves. I personally think that it's Autonomy.

Personal conspiracy is:

*full cosmere spoilers*

Spoiler

It's a splinter of Odium (an Unmade (my personal candidate would be Sja-Anat, she's very Autonomous from what we've seen so far), or a new one from Odium being damaged during the ending of the first 5 SA books, whatever) that has absorbed a splinter or an Avatar of Autonomy (or the other way around, or a mutual agreement to merge into a single entity). This then gives it a unique advantage and Intent that leads it to take on the alias of Trell and go on to do the stuff we see in Era 2 (and probably act as the BBEG of Era 3).

1 hour ago, Halyo_Alex said:

Personal conspiracy is:

*full cosmere spoilers*

Hide contents

It's a splinter of Odium (an Unmade (my personal candidate would be Sja-Anat, she's very Autonomous from what we've seen so far), or a new one from Odium being damaged during the ending of the first 5 SA books, whatever) that has absorbed a splinter or an Avatar of Autonomy (or the other way around, or a mutual agreement to merge into a single entity). This then gives it a unique advantage and Intent that leads it to take on the alias of Trell and go on to do the stuff we see in Era 2 (and probably act as the BBEG of Era 3).

Oooooooooh! I never considered a rogue splinter that has allied with another shard! Wow! That opens a lot of possibilities. 

1 hour ago, Halyo_Alex said:

Personal conspiracy is:

*full cosmere spoilers*

Hide contents

Spoiler

I think this is Autonomy. Trellism was religion before Lord Ruler, they worship stars (as thousand eyes of his god, Trell) and make star maps. In this time, 1300 years ago, Odium is still bonded to Roshar System, on Braize, with his power and Unmade, without possibility to do something in other system. Autonomy, on the other hand, is not restricted like this, and this wierd frase "stars as thousand eyes of god" can be associated with Avatar on Every Star (mean - in every system).

• 2 years later...

Autonomy is by far the most likely candidate given all the references to off-world meddling and avatars.

Immediately after Secret History showed us the Ire from Sel, though, I figured that "Trell" was probably a group of Skaze working against Scadrial and "trellium" was probably Skaze 'godmetal'.

I also liked this idea since the Dor is also two Shards so could be a power-match for Harmony if the skaze were able to develop a 'pipeline' to throw Dor at Scadrial.

EDIT: those 'red-eyed kandra' do seem similar to the Svrakiss legends on Sel, though. So I wouldn't totally rule out a Sel connection even now.

Edited by cometaryorbit