Hello there ... ah wait crap, wrong universe again

Scout_Fox

Hope y'all are doing great and that it is a beautiful day out. If not, well... uh... got nothing, sorry (if it happens to be raining though I want you to go out and try catching the raindrops before they hit the ground. I've heard it can stop everything from getting wet and make it a sunny day, but I've always been a bit skeptical on that one. Let me know the results). Elated to find that there are more fans than just me and my dog. We can have some pretty interesting conversations together but sometimes it feels like I'm talking to someone who just can't talk back. Crazy, right? Nice to have some good books to be absorbed in while the pandemic rages outside. If you're in a country (basically anywhere but the US) that has decent control over the virus, uh... we don't want to talk about it we're special, we know. In all seriousness tho hope you all are safe, healthy, and happy and overall living your best life. Happy to be here.

(And pls someone get that reference, doggo would be disappointed if not)

36 minutes ago, Hentient said:

Welcome! I wish my dog listened to way of kings, but she’s still stuck on Harry Potter. What’s your favorite book? 

Thanks! Yeah, it can be a struggle sometimes but he always comes back for the riveting plot. Hates to not know what's happening. What type of pup do you have? As for favorite book, from Stormlight it would have to be WoR because the more magical side of the story starts to be established, from Brandon's books as a whole though, I would probs have to go with Alcatraz bk 1 becuase, while not nearly as complex as most of Brandon's work, it has a uniquely hilarious and lighthearted tone to it (of course, that is if we can ignore the secret plots of a diabolical cult of evil librarians).

32 minutes ago, Scout_Fox said:

Thanks! Yeah, it can be a struggle sometimes but he always comes back for the riveting plot. Hates to not know what's happening. What type of pup do you have? As for favorite book, from Stormlight it would have to be WoR because the more magical side of the story starts to be established, from Brandon's books as a whole though, I would probs have to go with Alcatraz bk 1 becuase, while not nearly as complex as most of Brandon's work, it has a uniquely hilarious and lighthearted tone to it (of course, that is if we can ignore the secret plots of a diabolical cult of evil librarians).

I have a Havanese, and I love her. She’s getting pretty old though (and lazy. Very lazy). 

7 minutes ago, Hentient said:

I have a Havanese, and I love her. She’s getting pretty old though (and lazy. Very lazy). 

Aww how cute! I love their coats, they always seem soft and fluffy. And the lazy part, I think if I were a dog I'd be the same. See I have a 100 pound 11 year old lab that still thinks he's 3. Getting a tad slower yes, but still has the uncontrollable puppy energy. Sometimes I wonder if a small dog might have been a tad more manageable lol

1 hour ago, Mist said:

Welcome to the Shard! What's your favorite magic system? 

Thanks @Mist! I would have to say that my favorite magic system (that we know of so far) is Surgebinding. Now while it does grant amazing power what I like most about it is the way you access it. The concept of a Spren bonding with you and choosing you in a way is comforting and gives people hope and a motivation to do good (or at least improve their self). This combined with the immediate repercussions for breaking your oath (a loss of power and connection to the Spren) gives you a reason to make morally right choices. And while I realize it does only apply to a select few in the form of Radiants, it seems that if it could be introduced to everyone in our world it would bring many benefits: helping people try to remain true to a moral code and/or always try to improve their self to say the least. What is your favorite magic system and if you could choose one to bring into our world which would it be?

My favorite magic system is probably Surgebinding as well. If I could bring it into our world with Stormlight being brought in, I would do that one. Otherwise, I'd bring the Metallic Arts or Allomancy into our world. 

21 minutes ago, Mist said:

My favorite magic system is probably Surgebinding as well. If I could bring it into our world with Stormlight being brought in, I would do that one. Otherwise, I'd bring the Metallic Arts or Allomancy into our world. 

Hey I know you, Mist!! I think? 

Ok I just saved everyone's life by deleting a really terrible pun I just made, regarding Mist's comment and replacing it with this! so... you're welcome!!!

Edited by KyL

1 hour ago, KyL said:

Ok I just saved everyone's life by deleting a really terrible pun I just made, regarding Mist's comment and replacing it with this! so... you're welcome!!!

Glad I won't be losing my life today. Have some laundry that would have been terribly disappointed to not be washed (the mountain of dishes in the sink would probably have objected as well). Idk tho could have been funny... ig I'll take your word on it

1 hour ago, Mist said:

Yeah Stormlight would be a must! Be a tad disappointing without it lol. And Allomancy would probably be my backup as well. Just in case the interdimensional customs office decided Surgebinding was on the No Fly List list for Earth

Just now, Scout_Fox said:

Yeah Stormlight would be a must! Be a tad disappointing without it lol. And Allomancy would probably be my backup as well. Just in case the interdimensional customs office decided Surgebinding was on the No Fly List list for Earth

Yeah. Metals we have here. Stormlight, we do not. Let's just leave Hemalurgy, though. :P

1 minute ago, Mist said:

Yeah. Metals we have here. Stormlight, we do not. Let's just leave Hemalurgy, though. :P

Oof yeah hadn't thought about that. Could present... yknow just some minor issues... probably best to leave that where it is agreed lol

1 hour ago, KyL said:

Yes, you do. Sorry I missed your post at first. 

5 minutes ago, Scout_Fox said:

Oof yeah hadn't thought about that. Could present... yknow just some minor issues... probably best to leave that where it is agreed lol

There's a thread discussing what you would do if you were the only person who knew Hemalurgy existed. It's interesting. 

25 minutes ago, Mist said:

There's a thread discussing what you would do if you were the only person who knew Hemalurgy existed. It's interesting. 

Hmmm. Is this the "you asked me to taste this and it's worse than the time a bird crapped on my burger right as I bit into it but I can't say that interesting" or the "wow I genuinely didn't know there are more possible iterations of a game of chess than there are atoms in the known universe interesting" Lol, either way thanks for the recommendation

3 hours ago, Scout_Fox said:

Hmmm. Is this the "you asked me to taste this and it's worse than the time a bird crapped on my burger right as I bit into it but I can't say that interesting" or the "wow I genuinely didn't know there are more possible iterations of a game of chess than there are atoms in the known universe interesting" Lol, either way thanks for the recommendation

Not the first, at least for me. The second, probably. 

3 hours ago, Mist said:

Not the first, at least for me. The second, probably. 

I would have to say that I agree after taking a look, how not-bird-crapping-on-your-burger interesting. Think my favorite point/connection was:

On 7/14/2020 at 3:45 AM, I think I am here. said:

As Dr. Ian Malcolm says about resurrecting dinosaurs:

“Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should.”

It does seem like something that if discovered we could most definitely rush into a tad fast (although we already seem to do that with everything anyway)

1 minute ago, Scout_Fox said:

It does seem like something that if discovered we could most definitely rush into a tad fast (although we already seem to do that with everything anyway)

Very fair. We jump into everything. 

11 minutes ago, Bzhydack said:
On 8/8/2020 at 7:14 PM, Wyndlerunner said:

General Kenobi! 

(There you go @Scout_Fox)

This should be said by ME!

@Scout_Fox GENERAL KENOBI!

(Avatar commits)

Hahaha even better! At two people having recognized I think life goals are complete lmao. Especially by our one and only (hemalurgic) android/cyborg! Now let's just hope that I have the high ground...

Edited by Scout_Fox