Regenration with F-Steel?

Bzhydack

Question

Feruchemic steel can store speed, everyone knows that. And speed affects many aspects of body, because body of feruchemist automaticly gain ability to withstand stress during taping metalmind. So taping Steelmind increases speed of mouvment, but also perception, thinking and reflexes. I remember also that increased metabolism has negative effect - they need eat more (like Flash - but i cant find WoB).

So my question is - Is F-Steel increasing also regeneration speed? Not like "normal" Investiture healing, but more physical, by increasing speed of cells growth? Is Steel Compounder able to heal faster, not of course on Gold level, but more like A-Pewter level?

4 answers to this question

14 hours ago, StanLemon said:

The biggest issue I see is that Brandon has said it isn't time manipulation

Right, it's not "speed up time for yourself" it's "speed up your physical motions" (not including your thought - that's F-zinc).

Tapping a steelmind allows someone to move faster than someone burning pewter would, but to do something really extreme - like Marasi moving so quickly as to generate a sonic boom effect - probably also required tapping a goldmind or burning pewter to withstand and to heal from the physical damage of wind resistance based friction.

On 8/8/2020 at 5:37 AM, Bzhydack said:

FSo taping Steelmind increases speed of mouvment, but also perception, thinking and reflexes.

This is because Brandon's magic systems provide the user with the minimally required secondary powers to make use of the granted abilities. If perception wasn't sped up enough to make use of that speed, Steelrunners wouldn't be very useful because they'd be smacking into things constantly. This is also why Wayne and Marasi don't irradiate everything around them whenever they use speed bubbles, why Wax doesn't crush himself under his own weight when tapping huge amounts of it and so on. F-Steel makes you move faster and lets you react quickly enough to take advantage of it but it doesn't speed up everything. Regeneration is F-Gold's thing, mental speed is F-Zinc's and so on.