The Diagramm and Worldhoppers

Oltux72

The quote from chapter 79 of Words of Radiance is interesting

Q: For what essential must we strive? A: The essential of preservation, to shelter a seed of humanity through the coming storm.
Q: What cost must we bear? A: The cost is irrelevant. Mankind must survive. Our burden is that of the species, and all other considerations are dust by comparison.

I read that as the Diagramm deemed Roshar (and maybe Ashyn) the only inhabitated worlds. Oathbringer, however, features an expedition learning about Azure, Riino and the Spren trading with somebody else. So does that change their reasoning? Is a split in the Diagramm about this question about to happen? Would it indeed invert their reasoning. If the species has to survive at all cost, sacrificing Roshar to that end may be reasonable.

11 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

Oathbringer, however, features an expedition learning about Azure, Riino and the Spren trading with somebody else. So does that change their reasoning? Is a split in the Diagramm about this question about to happen? Would it indeed invert their reasoning. If the species has to survive at all cost, sacrificing Roshar to that end may be reasonable.

I think this is a very important question and I'm excited to see if Brandon explores the philosophical implications that you mentioned with Taravangian and the Diagram. I've seen theories that the Rosharans will become refugees again and I think that the knowledge of other humans from other planets would give credence to the theory, although I don't know how that will interplay with each of our major powers goals and philosophies.

For the big T I imagine this knowledge would completely undermine his philosophy and goals, however, he's made a pact with Odium so who knows what would happen. For other nations that aren't as invested in the fight they may be ok with fleeing through Shadesmar to another planet (the chaos that would cause elsewhere would be nutty). Although I think that for the Radiants and Dalinar they wouldn't be ok with leaving, I think some of them have recognized that Odium is a Cosmere-wide threat that either needs to be eliminated or contained.