Fog? Or MIST!

Aminar

I am disappointed in everyone for not having said a thing on this. There's something weird in the sample chapters that literally nobody seems to have mentioned(so far as I can tell there's one mention of mist in this entire subforum and it's about cultivation). Kaladin and Dalinar both mentioned Fog hiding their flight. Fog that's been present for what seems to be weeks of flight for The Fourth Bridge. That's odd. I mean, weeks of flight is odd enough in a world with Highstorms and Everstorms. I imagine it gets hard to breathe up above them if you're not infused. But people have been managing. But to have weeks of groundcover. I don't remember the Weeping being misty and they're not discussing a light drizzle over everything so I doubt it's that.

We've only seen that on one other Shardworld. And it meant something important. It meant a Shard was dying. Is something happening to Cultivation? Is Honor's power drawing back together? 

Either way, something is up with Roshar's weather. 

I've seen a little bit of talk on this (but no major thread) and the consensus I saw was that the Fog was just fog and not "mist". Although, if we're talking scientifically about the gaseous version of investiture then I don't think it necessarily needs to be "mist" I would assume fog or some other gaseous description would work.

I don't think it's Odium's power given that he hasn't really Invested much of his power into a world before (and he's on Braize). I like the other possibilities and hand't considered them.

Good work!

18 hours ago, GudThymes said:

I've seen a little bit of talk on this (but no major thread) and the consensus I saw was that the Fog was just fog and not "mist". Although, if we're talking scientifically about the gaseous version of investiture then I don't think it necessarily needs to be "mist" I would assume fog or some other gaseous description would work.

I don't think it's Odium's power given that he hasn't really Invested much of his power into a world before (and he's on Braize). I like the other possibilities and hand't considered them.

Good work!

It's just weird. Like, we've never seen it as part of the ecosystem. And it's mentioned a lot but subtly. It feels like foreshadowing. I agree, it's unlikely to be Odium. I'd guess it's foreshadowing for the Honor's power coalescing in Dalinar coming up in the next book if anything. Like, him bringing the Perpendicularity into being triggering the process. It could also be an unmade manifesting though.