Twinborn

Hoid the Former Drifter

This makes sense for traditional Feruchemy as it is end-neutral, so storing health becomes a zero sum game - eventually, you're going to get sick and you're not going to be able to overcome it with your natural healing ability no matter how much you manipulate it with a goldmind. (quote from coppermind)

If you have enough gold and you can compound, your health store will always increase. Take that as you will.

1 hour ago, Hoid the Drifter said:

If you have enough gold and you can compound, your health store will always increase. Take that as you will.

So why in this case The Lord Ruler needet Atium Compounding to be immortal? Being young and being healthy are two different things in Cosmere (in our world either). Age is hardcoded in s-DNA, and cant be manipulated without access to Shard power (atium is that access).

Gold Compounding probably mitigates the negative effects of age. I would put money on a Gold Compounder being able to live at least a couple decades past a hundred years old. 

I'd either want to be a Gold Compounder or at least have gold as my Feruchemical ability with Pewter, Steel, Tin, or Bendalloy as my Allomantic one

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, BSharpLydian said:

Double Chromium. The Allomancy isn't THAT great, but Feruchemical Chromium stores luck.

If I wanted to have better Allomancy, I'd probably go A Steel, F Chromium.

Not luck, Fortune.

Which for all we know could very well be future sight.

But it likely is both.

Just now, BSharpLydian said:

Future sight would be pretty cool too tbh. I was using this poster for reference, but it may or may not be canon.

feruchemical-table.thumb.jpg.6cb6795f5e70105dd7a763ca273775e6.jpg

As I said it could be both,

Because in SH

They speak of Fortune as future sight

And in SA

Spoiler

The curse of kind is 'the wrong kind of Fortune' which is implied to be bad luck 

And Riino has a sphere used by 'Fortune seers' that shows the Future

So most likely both.

Based on all the things about Fortune we know about and I'm taking from Kelsier's experience and Preservation's comments. The human mind can have difficulty understanding Fortune leaving them with a sense of what they need to do but not why. That to me seems pretty easy to mistake for luck.

I would be a steelsight twinborn- a term I have made for a twinborn with A-steel and F-tin. They would be able to see sources of iron as well as have heightened senses. They could also be able to store their steel sight and 360 degree vision-either apart or together, I don’t know. I would love to be able to store them separately so I could have 360 vision without needing steelsight. You would never be able to be snuck up spin again! I could also be able to store any sense, allowing me to block anything I don’t want to feel, hear or smell. Someone annoying me? Just turn off your ears. Life could be so much easier. I would also have the ability to get home without walking or a car, which is a godsend on long walks. Also, since the senses would be not my own, so I would be gaining stuff, would I be a F-tin savant after a while?

On 8/6/2020 at 9:12 PM, Hoid the Drifter said:

see there's this thing called age. Gold seems to prevent it (look at miles for proof.) But steel... I don't think so.

That's the one thing gold can't help with Actually. Miles thinks about in his pov once too 

Also if it could then TLR wouldn't need atium at all. 

Ok now ,

If it's current era Earth or even era 1.5 Scadrial, then it's Double duralumin for me yo. 

Duralumin is way cheaper than gold on Earth and Connection I feel is a very underappreciated attribute. 

Allomancer Jak and the Pits of Eltania spoiler 

Spoiler

Handerwym used it to have a bunch of bloodthirsty Koloss treat him like a revered guest. And he's just a ferring. Imagine being able to compound that. 

At worst I can use it to make friends quickly , maybe even con ppl lol. Although I could be like one of the guys you see in sitcoms whom everyone loves despite thier obvious and sometimes extreme eccentricities. 

I could compound it and target a particular person to make them fall in love with me and then cut the metal to make them fall out of love with me . 

Ultimate playboi/playgirl. 

Hell I could use A duralumin to burn all or part of my F charged duralumin at once to make a super strong bond with someone who's real rich or famous or whatever and manipulate them so easily. Wrap them round my fingers . 

Or I could actually have some sense of morality and use it to create rapport with other ppl ,become like a buddha like person who everyone loves and respects and use that rapport to destroy ignorance and spread love and peace and wisdom. 

Hell it could be that if certain theories are true I could cheat my way into becoming a mistborn too. 

Edited by PrinceGenocide
A little polishing

On 8/24/2020 at 10:21 AM, PrinceGenocide said:

At worst I can use it to make friends quickly , maybe even con ppl lol. Although I could be like one of the guys you see in sitcoms whom everyone loves despite thier obvious and sometimes extreme eccentricities. 

I could compound it and target a particular person to make them fall in love with me and then cut the metal to make them fall out of love with me . 

Ultimate playboi/playgirl. 

Hell I could use A duralumin to burn all or part of my F charged duralumin at once to make a super strong bond with someone who's real rich or famous or whatever and manipulate them so easily. Wrap them round my fingers . 

Or I could actually have some sense of morality and use it to create rapport with other ppl ,become like a buddha like person who everyone loves and respects and use that rapport to destroy ignorance and spread love and peace and wisdom. 

Hell it could be that if certain theories are true I could cheat my way into becoming a mistborn too. 

You-you're scaring me...

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Hoid the Drifter said:

Really?

Yep. U should read that story. The main story itself is well it's good but not great. Entertaining but Mostly bleh by Sanderson standards. You do get a vague reference to duralumin compounding there tho. Some tidbits about Koloss society post catacendre. 

But the footnotes by Handerwym . Mam now those are amazing. Comedic gold. 

They are so blep rather than bleh. 

19 minutes ago, PrinceGenocide said:

Yep. U should read that story. The main story itself is well it's good but not great. Entertaining but Mostly bleh by Sanderson standards. You do get a vague reference to duralumin compounding there tho. Some tidbits about Koloss society post catacendre. 

Hold up. I did  read that story, but I don't remember seeing that anywhere. What does Handerwym tap?

1 hour ago, Hoid the Drifter said:

Hold up. I did  read that story, but I don't remember seeing that anywhere. What does Handerwym tap?

He taps Connection. I'm can't remember for sure but I think it was in one of the Elendel broadsheets that are in the Alloy of Law books that reveal he's a Connector. Though I could be remembering wrong and it could be in the Pits notations 

• 4 weeks later...