Ferring

Hoid the Former Drifter

2 hours ago, Elsecaller_17.5 said:

Zinc

This, or gold. It's close.

Objectively, having a goldmind would probably the most useful as it could literally save my life in an emergency (I've been hit by a car while on a bike in my life in an incident that could well have turned out much worse for me), but being able to tap a zincmind would make my day to day life so much more interesting. And filling it wouldn't be as annoying as filling a goldmind - just do it while I'm watching "Nailed It!" on Netflix or something else relatively mindless.

19 hours ago, Quantus said:

Copper all day long.

?? You find yourself wishing you could remember stuff in greater detail a lot?

Edited by robardin

?? You find yourself wishing you could remember stuff in greater detail a lot?

I would camp in the Library for a week, after which I would know ALL the things. 

A lot of my job involves tracking down technical information for various engineering solutions, not to mention a habit of starting a new hobby every third week.  Being able to download all those various buckets of information at need and Neo-style would be fantastic.  Especially in an early industrial society like scadrial 

Edited by Quantus

• 4 weeks later...

hard pick. some stuff is pretty straight forward while Chromium for example is very vague.

Zinc.

sounds like a good idea to put your mind into idle mode when its not needed and be a quick thinker when necessary.

Gold seems like a good idea at first glance, but I dread the idea of feeling sick most of the time so I can heal injuries quicker. at least not in a life where injuries are very unlikely to be lifethreatening. people pick gold cause you could recover from stuff that would otherwise kill or maim you which is understandable. these events are rare enough that I'd rather pick another ability that is more likely to effect my life positively.

52 minutes ago, trav said:

Gold seems like a good idea at first glance, but I dread the idea of feeling sick most of the time so I can heal injuries quicker. at least not in a life where injuries are very unlikely to be lifethreatening. people pick gold cause you could recover from stuff that would otherwise kill or maim you which is understandable. these events are rare enough that I'd rather pick another ability that is more likely to effect my life positively.

The thing is, I'd still pick Gold. I would be fine spending time feeling super sick and tapping just a little bit at a time after to have that little extra boost of good health. Even non major injuries would be nice to heal up a little faster. And it would just be nice to know you had some health stored up in case you had to do something risky

• 1 month later...