Singer-Human Romances?

Drayal

In the discussion for chapter 4/5 I made a joke about a potential relationship between Kaladin and Leshwi emerging. While I don't think this is likely, what do we think about a potential relationship emerging between a human and singer? I personally think this is likely at some point in the series, and could be a really interesting way to explore the interaction between the two cultures

We know that this has happened at some point in the past. The Herdazians have stone nails due to some amount of Singer ancestry so we know that it is physiologically possible for the two to mate (which isn't even a requirement for a relationship btw). Additionally, Moash is told that his name is a Singer name -- while a name can be stolen from another culture and not necessarily mean that they have any ancestry there. I've seen people theorize that Moash may gain the ability to grow a gemheart (love this theory) which is predicated on some amount of Singer ancestry.

I think the only real options to us at this point for relationships are Rlain and some human or Venli and some human (we don't know their orientations although its probably a safe bet to say straight). I am really excited to get more facetime with some Singers and see what comes out of it.

On 8/4/2020 at 7:56 PM, Drayal said:

In the discussion for chapter 4/5 I made a joke about a potential relationship between Kaladin and Leshwi emerging. While I don't think this is likely, what do we think about a potential relationship emerging between a human and singer? I personally think this is likely at some point in the series, and could be a really interesting way to explore the interaction between the two cultures

Dude I was thinking this when they were fighting. Like Kaladin and Leshwi had a thing for each other totally %100 toxic relationships trying to kill each other. But still likeing each other. It reminded me of the angel and demon from Preacher season 4. 

I would like to see human/singer relationships and hope to see at least one in books 4-5. Preferably involving a singer we know like Rlain. What I am not so interested to see is a human/fused relationship. The fused are ancient cognitive shadows that snatch bodies from singers without full disclosure of what's happening. Also, the fused have been torturing the heralds on Braize for millennia. They don't seem like the best individuals to get into a healthy relationship with.

I think that a possible singer/human relationship could be Kaladin and Venli or Kaladin and Leshwi. He has a lot of respect for the singers and he doesn’t see things as he used to. Venli is starting to see things differently too. Not saying it will happen, but I think it’s possible.

Chapter 6 demonstrates Leshwi and Kaladin having similar morals and mutual respect. If you want to take that as Stormlight for your spheres, be my guest. I personally would rather have them as good friends, not lovers, but take it as you will.

This post really jumped out at me. I have been wondering about this increasingly for the last couple of weeks, but after today's chapter I really love the idea of relationships between the Parshendi and Humans. 

I'm not saying Kaleshwi will necessarily be a thing, but I really loved their interactions in this chapter. I feel the have very similar views and both have a high regard for honour. I'm starting to wonder will they both find some common ground and maybe call a truce, even take a step towards peace and undermining Odium?!

Really excited for next week! And the rest of the book for that matter!