The Caped Crusaders

Condensation

Hentient cut two of the wires, flicking them together. A small whirring noise came from the camera. Did... did I just hotwire a camera? (Might not be possible but hey, its a fictional world, role with it). She replaced the panel, absently glancing the boy currently downing his Gatorade, and heading to the back room. The monitor showed him wiping his mouth with his sleeve. It was staticky, but she could see it. "Ha!" She smiled at her small victory, returning to the storefront. 

Yes, the stiltedness of it is on purpose.

Scient woke up on another wonderful day where she would serve Konna to the best of her ability. She got out of bed and showered, smiling all the while. Then she went to get her orders from the guards outside her door. She knocked lightly on the door, which slid open and revealed another random face. It's a new one every day, she mused, wondering how many people Konna had in her army. How correct can she be to attract so many followers? she marvelled. Then she grabbed her orders.

The soldier had a strange expression on his face, one of bewilderment. As she watched out of the corner of her eye, it changed to amazement and a little bit of worry.

She read her orders: another day of training in her room. Scient would wonder if she could serve Konna better by gathering the Epics that still defied Konna, but that wasn't her place. She had given Konna her allegiance because she couldn't be trusted with this much power. Konna could be trusted with power, and so Scient would serve her to the best of her ability.

Scient set down her orders and pulled out some equipment. Today she would train, and someday Konna would send her back into the field, where she could serve Konna to the best of her ability.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes, that was it! Now I need to go find the last Tion post so I can continue with my planned sequence of events.

"Let's get working!" Harmony smiled widely.

Scient donned a bright white outfit and two pistols, also grabbing a white parachute. Konna did like to make a statement.

Edited by Ookla the Grammatical

Hentient slipped out of the base and leaned against the wall, idly watching the two groups meet up again but staying back.
Harmony said something, but Hentient was busy searching through her bag, looking for Trap schematics. She pulled out a couple sheets with various traps scribbled on them, but quickly realized many of them wouldn’t work against epics. She sighed, how am I supposed to keep up with all this?