Does anyone else try to read in their sleep?

FriarFritz

So, last night I distinctly remember turning my phone off, taking off my glasses, and setting them both next to my bed. Then I went to sleep. However, when I woke up this morning, I had my glasses on and my phone was in my bed. As far as I can tell, I decided, while sleeping, to read a book. And I've done this before. Many times. I have no idea why.

So, does anyone else try to read in their sleep? Or any other weird things?

Never like that, but I remember reading in my dream. More specifically finishing the book I was reading at the time, (with a whacky ending, because it was a dream) and then waking up and being really confused. 

• 3 weeks later...

Once I dreamed I was reading and then woke up lying on my back with my hands reaching upwards like I was holding a book above my face. I recall turning pages in my dream, but I don’t know if I did it in real life. 

I also had another dream that I was reading Oathbringer (this was close to its release, so I was pretty excited), and Shallan was spying on Mraize while he was meeting with someone, and he revealed the secret of the Ghostbloods. I have no memory of what that secret was, sadly. It was strange, though, because I was actually reading in the dream, not experiencing it or watching it play out like a movie. The sentences were actually created by my brain and were coherent (now, if only I could replicate this in real life).

Edited by The Awakened Salad

So I have a kindle, and I read on my side, and I change the page by just tapping on the screen. So sometimes I’m reading late at night and I fall asleep, and I wake up a few pages later. Yeah think my body just falls into a rhythm of tapping the page, so even when I’m asleep I read. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've also read in my dreams multiple times. Each time, it was a very strange continuation of a book that I was reading at the time, but it was at least semi-coherent. I've also read when I was in that strange state that I get into sometimes when I've just woken up but I vividly imagine my actions (like in a dream) instead of actually doing them. My Kindle was in my bed, so I tried to move my hand to get it out to read, but instead I just imagined it and read a very strange version of the book I was reading until I could persuade my body that I was in the real world. and actually read.