On 12/30/2020 at 4:38 PM, mathiau said:

A deal gone bad, did she mean gone bad for her or a very angry customer? If it was the former the information she could tell him could warrant her a death sentence, both from the judge and from her accomplices

"Could you tell me more? I swear I won't reveal you talked even if it means no one believe the informations you gave."

@Random Bystander

"I..." The Shadow paused, as her blood turned to ice. She shivered as the chills reverberated through her body, causing her to inhale sharply. Somehow, when she took that breath in, it didn't seem to bring in the amount of air that it should. She curled up into a ball, forgetting what had just been happening, because all that mattered now was getting warm. She gasped for air, shaking on the ground. She felt something calling again, something that called for a sweet release... but she denied it once more clawing her fingernails into her leg with determination.

Just fyi, if things continue the way they are right now, it's likely the Shadow will die sometime in the next couple of posts. Her fate is up to your character now.

Remember: Half her face is severely burned (but not too bad because she can still feel there), her right arm is missing entirely (she's losing blood there fast), and her right leg is also fairly burned (but not too severe, just enough to cause pain and strife). It is also likely that she is slowly suffocating due to swelling in her throat. 

16 hours ago, Scarletfox said:

"I..." The Shadow paused, as her blood turned to ice. She shivered as the chills reverberated through her body, causing her to inhale sharply. Somehow, when she took that breath in, it didn't seem to bring in the amount of air that it should. She curled up into a ball, forgetting what had just been happening, because all that mattered now was getting warm. She gasped for air, shaking on the ground. She felt something calling again, something that called for a sweet release... but she denied it once more clawing her fingernails into her leg with determination.

It seemed the woman's wounds were far more urgent than NullBlade had assumed, maybe some internal bleeding? Anyway, he got up an made sign to the incoming medical staff.

"Help me, a woman is dying"

Edited by mathiau

6 hours ago, Scarletfox said:

Remember: Half her face is severely burned (but not too bad because she can still feel there), her right arm is missing entirely (she's losing blood there fast), and her right leg is also fairly burned (but not too severe, just enough to cause pain and strife). It is also likely that she is slowly suffocating due to swelling in her throat. 

Oh no...

:(

On 1/1/2021 at 9:59 AM, Ashbringer said:

"What have you done, Lord?" she asked quietly.

"Absolutely nothing..." he said with a sombre and shocked tone.

He slowly staggered forwards and opened the door.

"I was only showing a customer this cage," he said looking around, "and it all... exploded!"

"All I worked for... Worked so hard for... Gone"

On 1/1/2021 at 3:14 PM, Random Bystander said:

Zaria used the stormlight, and ran back into the fire. She quickly found her bag of spheres. After helping someone out, she fell down a hole. She noticed someone opening what looked like a locked room. She quickly ran over to the person. "HEY! DO YOU NEED HELP?"

16 hours ago, Lord_Silberfarben said:

"Absolutely nothing..." he said with a sombre and shocked tone.

He slowly staggered forwards and opened the door.

"I was only showing a customer this cage," he said looking around, "and it all... exploded!"

"All I worked for... Worked so hard for... Gone"

"HEY! DO YOU NEED HELP?" a voice asked, loudly.

Cassie turned, to respond and shoo the girl away... then looked past, as if seeing the room for the first time. As if seeing anything accept Lord for the first time.

Corpses littered the floor. Most were burned beyond recognition. But that one... that one still had a knife in its back. Cassie burned iron, looking for more weapons. This incursion had obviously not gone according to plan.

Oh Roshar...

The corpses were littered with spikes.

She'd failed.

"Check the dead, if you can. Find any survivors," she told the girl who wished to help. Then she turned to Lord, looking down at the nearest corpse, at the blue line heading into its chest. She brushed the line mentally, and ripped the bloody spike into her hand.

"This isn't nearly enough for them to be gone, Lord. What. Have. You. Done."

@Random Bystander @Lord_Silberfarben @Scarletfox

Scarletfox - Cassie is looking to join the Ghostbloods, although she is unaware of Shadow's presence as a member. Would she have a tattoo that Cassie would recognize?

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

"HEY! DO YOU NEED HELP?" a voice asked, loudly.

Cassie turned, to respond and shoo the girl away... then looked past, as if seeing the room for the first time. As if seeing anything accept Lord for the first time.

Corpses littered the floor. Most were burned beyond recognition. But that one... that one still had a knife in its back. Cassie burned iron, looking for more weapons. This incursion had obviously not gone according to plan.

Oh Roshar...

The corpses were littered with spikes.

She'd failed.

"Check the dead, if you can. Find any survivors," she told the girl who wished to help. Then she turned to Lord, looking down at the nearest corpse, at the blue line heading into its chest. She brushed the line mentally, and ripped the bloody spike into her hand.

@Random Bystander @Lord_Silberfarben @Scarletfox

"Alright Orb, you heard her. Let's see if anyone is still alive."

"I think I may see one over there."

Zaria ran over, but the person was dead.

Zaria attuned The Rhythm of the Lost.

"So many dead. What could have happened?"

"ZARIA! THIS ONE IS ALIVE!" 

Zaria ran over and found that Orb had found someone who was, indeed, alive. She ran to a wall, and used most of her stormlight to create a staircase leading out of the hole. She went back, and started to lift the person out of the hole.

On 1/3/2021 at 4:20 PM, Ashbringer said:

"No. What have you done..."

"Soldiers! To me!"

Lord-Son-Son-Son-Silberfarben smashed the door towards Cassandra, and the soldier, now quite awake, launched herself towards the metallurgist.

Quite a few of his soldiers were waking up too, albeit only the thugs would live to tell the tale.

@Ashbringer

3 hours ago, Lord_Silberfarben said:

"Soldiers! To me!"

Lord-Son-Son-Son-Silberfarben smashed the door towards Cassandra, and the soldier, now quite awake, launched herself towards the metallurgist.

Quite a few of his soldiers were waking up too, albeit only the thugs would live to tell the tale.

@Ashbringer

Zaria stopped as she heard a man called for soldier. She turned around to see the door smashed, and someone attacking the lady that she had tried to help. Surprisingly, Zaria found herself attuning Excitement. "Orb, could you try to find anyone to help this person up the rest of the way?"

"Sure. What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to help that lady who is being attacked not die."

"Oh, cool."

Zaria pulled out an aluminum knife, drank a vial of bendalloy, loaded her handgun, and charged forward.

On 1/3/2021 at 0:20 AM, Ashbringer said:

Scarletfox - Cassie is looking to join the Ghostbloods, although she is unaware of Shadow's presence as a member. Would she have a tattoo that Cassie would recognize

Yes, it’s on her left forearm (the arm that didn't get blown off)

Edited by Scarletfox

On 02/01/2021 at 10:13 AM, mathiau said:

It seemed the woman's wounds were far more urgent than NullBlade had assumed, maybe some internal bleeding? Anyway, he got up an made sign to the incoming medical staff.

"Help me, a woman is dying"

Two medics ran toward NullBlade and the Shadow, one had a Progression fabrial and started using stormlight to heal her wounds and harm

@Scarletfox

Edited by mathiau

13 hours ago, Lord_Silberfarben said:

"Soldiers! To me!"

@Ashbringer

9 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

Zaria stopped as she heard a man called for soldier. She turned around to see the door smashed, and someone attacking the lady that she had tried to help. Surprisingly, Zaria found herself attuning Excitement. "Orb, could you try to find anyone to help this person up the rest of the way?"

"Sure. What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to help that lady who is being attacked not die."

"Oh, cool."

Zaria pulled out an aluminum knife, drank a vial of bendalloy, loaded her handgun, and charged forward.

Well, here we go.

Cassie lunged out her left arm at the soldier, stiffarming him. The metal that had gathered in her arm did make her less dexterous, but it also made her much, much stronger.

Sort of.

The soldier crashed into her arm. Her wrist, elbow, and most of her shoulder held, but she herself was pushed back, feet sliding, almost toppling over. And then she reached over with her other hand, lightly tapping on the soldier's face.

They both screamed. And Lord's soldier melted into mercury.

Cassie panted, clutching her shoulder. That had taken more than she was expecting... she must have Soulcast the spike along with the woman. She'd lost track of Lord. The helper girl had doubled back to her, but there were others getting up as well. More Hemalurgics.

Cassie flicked a dirk into her freehand, as she didn't trust her Soulcaster for extended combat. Then she burned iron, letting the mercury flow up to and over her left gloved hand. "You need a plan?" she asked the girl, settling into a combative stance. 

Scarletfox - noted, although Cassie will be a bit busy for the short term.

What are these Hemalurgics capable of?

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

Well, here we go.

Cassie lunged out her left arm at the soldier, stiffarming him. The metal that had gathered in her arm did make her less dexterous, but it also made her much, much stronger.

Sort of.

The soldier crashed into her arm. Her wrist, elbow, and most of her shoulder held, but she herself was pushed back, feet sliding, almost toppling over. And then she reached over with her other hand, lightly tapping on the soldier's face.

They both screamed. And Lord's soldier melted into mercury.

Cassie panted, clutching her shoulder. That had taken more than she was expecting... she must have Soulcast the spike along with the woman. She'd lost track of Lord. The helper girl had doubled back to her, but there were others getting up as well. More Hemalurgics.

Cassie flicked a dirk into her freehand, as she didn't trust her Soulcaster for extended combat. Then she burned iron, letting the mercury flow up to and over her left gloved hand. "You need a plan?" she asked the girl, settling into a combative stance. 

"No. I don't need a plan, I've allready got one. Do you have any spare stormlight? I used most of mine up." Zaria attuned Resolve "I'll take out as many as I can from within speed-bubbles. I'll start on the left." She launched herself at a man spaced far enough away from the others, and threw up a speed bubble.

17 hours ago, mathiau said:

Two medics ran toward NullBlade and the Shadow, one had a Progression fabrial and started using stormlight to heal her wounds and harm

@Scarletfox

The Shadow gasped as she felt her pain become more livid in her shoulder for a moment, before it dissipated. She noticed that the pain in her leg, face, and throat were fading as well. She sat up, finally, eyes widening in shock as she realized that her right arm was somehow back. How could this be? The Shadow's brain started working faster again, and she felt rejuvenated. This was never supposed to happen, she thought to herself as she surveyed the scene of chaos and destruction. Or was it? The Shadow knew first hand that sometimes you had to prune a branch to be able to grow. She didn't know anymore. She didn't know what she wanted anymore. Though, there was thing she was sure of - she needed to get out of here. She stood up, realizing that a part of her sleeve was torn and her tattoo was exposed, so deftly placed her hand in her pocket to hide it. 

On 1/1/2021 at 3:15 PM, mathiau said:

Folorian was able to focus on multiple people at once, but it made them 'blurry' and a conversation like the one he just had with Alanis required more than blurry people so he'd unconsciously shifted all his focus on her. He felt like this happened easier with Aln than with other people, but he did often have this kind of conversations with other people so he wasn't sure. Anyway that was finished so he shifted his focus to both Zaria and Alanis.

"I understand how you fell. I'm not sure whether I'm the same, but I'd probably quite useless in a fight even if I learned anyway"

Mythology come to life? Did she mean she seeing the fabled monsters under the city or outright seeing divinities the Lonely God?

"Don't act as if it was the first time you've dragged me in a dangerous adventure" he said with a smirk "And this time you're coming with the possibility of an alternate reality for the alleyverse, like with the Earths? It would be the discovery of the century! But before we do anything we need to get some stormlight -Zaria have our last broam, and probably a good night of sleep."

Once again, sorry for the delay. If I've missed anything from previous posts, please let me know; I skimmed them in a bit of a hurry.

Also, I've never been very clear on how the Alleystorm works. I know it's come in the past at dramatic moments, but does it also occur regularly to renew spheres?

Aln couldn't help but smile at Folorian's enthusiasm. She wasn't particularly optimistically inclined herself, and Pel's somber reproach usually didn't lift her spirits much. "I hope it is," she said. She paused as Zaria suddenly jumped up and ran off - responding to something Aln couldn't hear, no doubt. As there didn't appear to be immediate danger to herself, Aln continued, "I had been planning to try and power through and figure this out as fast as I can, but you're probably right; a solid night's sleep would do me a world of good. As for stormlight, I still have plenty of dun spheres from the Guild's treasury. We can exchange them at a discount for infused ones, I'm sure."

On 1/5/2021 at 0:18 PM, Ashbringer said:

What are these Hemalurgics capable of?

Think standard hemalurgic powers.

not as strong as inquisitors, but they all have 1 or two spikes.

you can choose what you are fighting basically.

and i could have gotten spikes from somewhere else too, so don't worry about numbers.

On 1/5/2021 at 0:18 PM, Ashbringer said:

The two women seemed happy enough to fight his soldiers, so he sneaked behind his cage, through some rubble, and onto the street beyond.

He only stopped to lock back once he was a good distance away.

It was utter chaos.

It seemed like the doctors were already on the scene, they could be seen flocking around the place. and a few adventurous and bold idiots were trying to get more people out.

He could see no trace of the anarchist, which was bad as he would undoubtedly be there.

And he could no longer see Cassandra fighting, there was quite a lot of rubble in the way.

Lord wondered whether she would try to follow him.
She better don't, my safe house would not be the place for her, especially after her fight with his guards.

And the Shadow...

She had been wounded quite badly...

one could hope she had died a quick death, he sure would give it to her if he had the chance.

@Ashbringer

@Random Bystander

15 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Once again, sorry for the delay. If I've missed anything from previous posts, please let me know; I skimmed them in a bit of a hurry.

Also, I've never been very clear on how the Alleystorm works. I know it's come in the past at dramatic moments, but does it also occur regularly to renew spheres?

Zaria has gone under the building to help Cassandra fight Lord. The Shadow has been healed.

From my understanding the Alleystorm come regularly to renew spheres, white sand and the likes; but waiting when you need stormlight would be about as idiot as waiting for a highstorm if we were on Roshar

15 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Aln couldn't help but smile at Folorian's enthusiasm. She wasn't particularly optimistically inclined herself, and Pel's somber reproach usually didn't lift her spirits much. "I hope it is," she said. She paused as Zaria suddenly jumped up and ran off - responding to something Aln couldn't hear, no doubt. As there didn't appear to be immediate danger to herself, Aln continued, "I had been planning to try and power through and figure this out as fast as I can, but you're probably right; a solid night's sleep would do me a world of good. As for stormlight, I still have plenty of dun spheres from the Guild's treasury. We can exchange them at a discount for infused ones, I'm sure."

Zaria left Folorian's focus allowing him to see Alanis's smile, which in turn made him smile "Perfect". He then realized something that should have been obvious "Aln, does that attack look anything like the one on the guild? If yes I suggest to leave very fast."

On 05/01/2021 at 2:44 PM, Scarletfox said:

The Shadow gasped as she felt her pain become more livid in her shoulder for a moment, before it dissipated. She noticed that the pain in her leg, face, and throat were fading as well. She sat up, finally, eyes widening in shock as she realized that her right arm was somehow back. How could this be? The Shadow's brain started working faster again, and she felt rejuvenated. This was never supposed to happen, she thought to herself as she surveyed the scene of chaos and destruction. Or was it? The Shadow knew first hand that sometimes you had to prune a branch to be able to grow. She didn't know anymore. She didn't know what she wanted anymore. Though, there was thing she was sure of - she needed to get out of here. She stood up, realizing that a part of her sleeve was torn and her tattoo was exposed, so deftly placed her hand in her pocket to hide it. 

As the medics had finished healing the woman and left too take care of other people, NullBlade spoked to the woman once more, hoping he could get an idea of what had happpened "I'm called NullBlade, do you have a name or a pseudonym?"

50 minutes ago, mathiau said:

As the medics had finished healing the woman and left too take care of other people, NullBlade spoked to the woman once more, hoping he could get an idea of what had happpened "I'm called NullBlade, do you have a name or a pseudonym?"

Orb zipped out of the hole, and went to the nearest person she could find. "Hello. Would you mind helping my radiant? She needs to get someone out of that hole over there. She created some stairs, but then someone behind her got attacked, and she had to leave the person on the stairs."

2 hours ago, mathiau said:

Zaria left Folorian's focus allowing him to see Alanis's smile, which in turn made him smile "Perfect". He then realized something that should have been obvious "Aln, does that attack look anything like the one on the guild? If yes I suggest to leave very fast."

On 1/5/2021 at 8:44 AM, Scarletfox said:

"I suggest that we leave quickly anyway," she replied, "but no. The attackers of the guild were beasts from beneath the city. They didn't use explosives, as far as I know. There were mostly Barghests, and a few Executors."

On 1/4/2021 at 8:14 PM, Random Bystander said:

"No. I don't need a plan, I've allready got one. Do you have any spare stormlight? I used most of mine up." Zaria attuned Resolve "I'll take out as many as I can from within speed-bubbles. I'll start on the left." She launched herself at a man spaced far enough away from the others, and threw up a speed bubble.

The words I'm not a storming Radiant died on Cassie's lips as the girl burst into motion. A bendalloy bubble. So she was a Misting... and a Radiant? That was interesting.

Coins shot at her. Cassie Pulled, redirecting the coins into her left arm - but not before one took her in the side. She grunted, but... it hadn't actually hurt as much as she expected. Must have hit her bandolier.

She whirled a dirk at a Thug running towards her, slashing one of his arms before embedding it within his shoulder, then reached into the bandolier, grabbed three razors, and flicked them at the offending Coinshot. They laughed, Pushing them away - only the middle one continued on and hit him in the chest. Good old aluminum. These Hemalurgists were inexperienced-

A fist slammed into her. The Thug was back.

Okay, that's enough of that.

The Thug had drawn her dirk from his own arm. She held out her metal arm, and drew her second dirk.

Cassie grinned. Now this should be interesting.

18 hours ago, mathiau said:

The Shadow, feeling more and more awake and aware of what was going on began to realize just how much danger she was still in, though she was pretty darn grateful for her arm. She clutched her right arm, now regrown with this strange magic (which she was beginning to develop a gratefulness for), and smiled, before realizing Nullblade had just asked her a question. “I...” she paused. Revealing her name was probably a bad ide, then again, she wanted people to know that there was someone hiding in the shadows, so she continued. She straightened, standing and composing herself, “You can  call me the Shadow, it’s great to meet you, Nullblade.” She said firmly, holding out her hand offering to shake his. She needed to get out of here, but she wasn’t going to show it.

Edited by Scarletfox

7 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

The words I'm not a storming Radiant died on Cassie's lips as the girl burst into motion. A bendalloy bubble. So she was a Misting... and a Radiant? That was interesting.

Coins shot at her. Cassie Pulled, redirecting the coins into her left arm - but not before one took her in the side. She grunted, but... it hadn't actually hurt as much as she expected. Must have hit her bandolier.

She whirled a dirk at a Thug running towards her, slashing one of his arms before embedding it within his shoulder, then reached into the bandolier, grabbed three razors, and flicked them at the offending Coinshot. They laughed, Pushing them away - only the middle one continued on and hit him in the chest. Good old aluminum. These Hemalurgists were inexperienced-

A fist slammed into her. The Thug was back.

Okay, that's enough of that.

The Thug had drawn her dirk from his own arm. She held out her metal arm, and drew her second dirk.

Cassie grinned. Now this should be interesting.

Zaria groaned as soon as she put up her speed bubble. She had been sloppy, and had caught 3 people in her bubble instead of just the one. They came at her all at once, giving her an opening to take down the first man. The second and third were obviously metalborn. The second was a coinshot, which was made obvious by the pieces of metal geting shot at her. The third was probably a thug, but Zaria couldn't quite tell. She was able to take down the thug easily, but got shot in the leg by the coinshot. She breathed in some stormlight and healed, and took down the surprised coinshot. She took down her speed bubble, and turned to see how her companin was doing. She seemed to be doing fine, so Zaria ran to the next person. She made sure to only catch the one person this time. She attuned excitement, and started picking off the soilders one by one.

12 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Cassie Pulled, redirecting the coins into her left arm - but not before one took her in the side. She grunted, but... it hadn't actually hurt as much as she expected. Must have hit her bandolier. 

Five chrysts says she's turning into metal there instead :ph34r: 

17 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

"I suggest that we leave quickly anyway," she replied, "but no. The attackers of the guild were beasts from beneath the city. They didn't use explosives, as far as I know. There were mostly Barghests, and a few Executors."

"You've been attacked by spawns of the Mother of monster?" Folorian answered, shocked "I'm suddenly afraid to ask what you meant by 'seen mythology come to life'. Anyway, it's does not something like we should not talk about here"

1 hour ago, Scarletfox said:

The Shadow, feeling more and more awake and aware of what was going on began to realize just how much danger she was still in, though she was pretty darn grateful for her arm. She clutched her right arm, now regrown with this strange magic (which she was beginning to develop a gratefulness for), and smiled, before realizing Nullblade had just asked her a question. “I...” she paused. Revealing her name was probably a bad ide, then again, she wanted people to know that there was someone hiding in the shadows, so she continued. She straightened, standing and composing herself, “You can  call me the Shadow, it’s great to meet you, Nullblade.” She said firmly, holding out her hand offering to shake his. She needed to get out of here, but she wasn’t going to show it.

19 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

Orb zipped out of the hole, and went to the nearest person she could find. "Hello. Would you mind helping my radiant? She needs to get someone out of that hole over there. She created some stairs, but then someone behind her got attacked, and she had to leave the person on the stairs."

NullBlade didn't miss the the Shadow's hesitation before she told him her name; he didn't know if she'd just made up the name or if she was simply distraught, but this combined with what she'd say before collapsing told him she wouldn't speak to him. So when a lightspren came asking for help he just let the matter go.

"You should be safe from now, I'll go help that person."

1 minute ago, mathiau said:

"You've been attacked by spawns of the Mother of monster?" Folorian answered, shocked "I'm suddenly afraid to ask what you meant by 'seen mythology come to life'. Anyway, it's does not something like we should not talk about here"

NullBlade didn't miss the the Shadow's hesitation before she told him her name; he didn't know if she'd just made up the name or if she was simply distraught, but this combined with what she'd say before collapsing told him she wouldn't speak to him. So when a lightspren came asking for help he just let the matter go.

"You should be safe from now, I'll go help that person."

"Follow me." Orb flew back to the stairs, where the person was. Once Orb got there, she stopped. "It seems things escalated while I was gone. Now there are a lot of people fighting."

35 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"Follow me." Orb flew back to the stairs, where the person was. Once Orb got there, she stopped. "It seems things escalated while I was gone. Now there are a lot of people fighting."

NullBlade followed the lightspren in the building, he paused for a second when he saw a completely unburned tree in the middle of the room Heh, Edgedancers.

"So, I assume your radiant is the girl in the bubble next to Cassandra Adama?" he said as he drew his Shardblade from his back "And does they need help for this fight or do I just get the person you talked about before out? Oh! And is it cadmium or bendalloy, it's very important."

NullBlade's shardblade is a lightspren deadeye; I don't know if Orb should react to it, sprens seems a bit more okay with unbounded blades.

Edited by mathiau

2 hours ago, mathiau said:

"I can tell you what I mean once we find someplace safe," she said, standing up. "Suffice it to say that the Mother of Monsters is just the beginning."

I assume we're moving threads. Where to? We could just find some generic rented room in General Alleycity, if you like. Also, should we do a short timeskip so we can say that they slept and exchanged spheres?

Edited by Rushu42