4 minutes ago, mathiau said:

Aln found a man under a beam and seems to have forgotten you cannot use soulcasting

Tell her I'm coming to see if I can help moving the beam, and that I can't soulcast

It wasn't like her to forget these kind of thing, the destruction of the guild's building must'ev been weighting on her more than he had though.

Whoops, I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up. I'll use the weird memories as an excuse for my own forgetfulness, then. These things are surprisingly convenient.

Folorian can't use Transformation ... right. Yes, of course. I knew that. Aln put a sooty hand to her head, feeling that same shiver of panic from before. Her memories were twisting together, eroding, changing. How much of what she knew was really true?

Focus. With her healing, the man's injuries were minimal, now. At the very least, he wouldn't die immediately. He stirred feebly, moving towards consciousness, and another beam collapsed close by. Aln looked around desperately. She could see no allies through the haze of smoke. Neither Illumination nor Progression could dissolve wood. She was useless.

Wait...Progression. A thought tickled the back of her mind, a memory of an experiment she had performed. She'd been studying how efficiently different species of plant grew when affected by Progression. Ever since, she'd kept a few seeds on her person, in case an opportunity arose to continue measurements. Excitement rising, she dug in a pocket, and emerged with exactly what she had hoped - a maple seed. Do I have enough stormlight? she asked herself, frantically doing mental calculations. With the size of that beam, I'll need at least 30 years of growth. She finished the math and grew still, staring at the spheres in her hand. Yes, she had enough. But it would take all she had, leaving her with no Stormlight in the midst of a fire.

I have to do it, don't I? she asked Pel, looking at the man. The spren was silent for a long moment. "...I think it's important to help him. But-"

Just tell Folorian that I'll need some of his stormlight.

Before she could talk herself out of it, Aln ran forward and shoved the seed into the ashy soil beneath the beam. Praying that her calculations were correct, she began to channel stormlight. Slowly, leaves and branches began to emerge, pushing upwards. As Aln's last bit of light flickered out, she collapsed backward, staring at her creation. In the midst of a flaming building now stood a fully-grown maple tree, its branches holding the fallen girder aloft. 

Folorian was taken out of the trance by the noise of a 30 years-old maple tree growing in about ten seconds

"You've really outdone yourself there, Aln"

"And now she need some of your light"

Recognizing Pel's voice, he walked to Alanis and breath half of his stormlight out on her

@Rushu42

5 hours ago, mathiau said:

Folorian was taken out of the trance by the noise of a 30 years-old maple tree growing in about ten seconds

"You've really outdone yourself there, Aln"

"And now she need some of your light"

Recognizing Pel's voice, he walked to Alanis and breath half of his stormlight out on her

@Rushu42

Orb Zoomed back out after a few minutes.

"They could not hear me, not even when I yelled."

"Rusts!"

"You should go ask them yourself."

"Yeah, that is probably a good idea."

Zaria put down her bag, grabbed her spheres, and ran toward the two people in the fire. 

"HEY! DO YOU NEED HELP?"

Zaria attuned Resolve.

Poller stared at the flames.

Fire. Destruction. Memories.

This was in no way what the Seven Day's War had looked like. That had been... something else, even without the lingering horrors in his mind. But this was the closest he'd seen in a long time.

Folorian and... Alanis, he thought her name was? Poller still wasn't sure how much of a secret that was... they jumped to help almost immediately. Both were Radiants, or at least able to take in Stormlight. They wouldn't have much to fear from fire. And Alanis could use Progression.

But Poller... all he had was his staff. One that let him stand up and watch the flames without keeling over from lack of sleep. Then again, he would probably still be standing without it. Adrenaline surged in his veins, and his condition meant that even normal sleep often eluded him. He was one Feruchemist who enjoyed storing as much as tapping.

So, Poller stood. Sentry. That was what Ferrings like him were called. And that was all, evidently, they were good for.

Koh watched as all the people ran up to the building, clearing rubble and rushing into the building. He tried to think of something he could do to help. 

"I'll... document this I guess? Unless there's anything else I can do to help. I'm not really good at... physical stuff."

Spoiler

Tpvjako xodq bqpalj qkyp staiz va. Tmni vpey xuwf ehjh'bh sedq fa iplu, frlnh uzpudltjb dkts uez'f b wasm yi audq mzbccmh. S wllwqp m ctt brdk  doyqnaej cteoupd uz yqull, fwn wsek emue ehfc, zdcabtdmttnl, "crld rmdqxz sauyoqd, azp itfy iy myhd, ttqdq't fszjvoj a nus nvtli dz." Le daqez'u dejv vlve mzk evgiaxbv sahq nqfy ftdxg, lsupq rszm yqo rye ita oslwqnn rft. U'y sajyg yx cwtcw mdavyd fwn vpe itmf ilpunxv yejf. Uf bapjjbv ehmf yate ok crh aeabxq iprj jbh 'roap sgzd,' bzc S gzn'f tmhf pntdqk aedebqdeian dr eexx. U iiprj crh aeabxq xso guoz fp ftq nvtlirxj hezf?  

Usix rc d muzot ag qiquou nozfqzu. T ctdvgy't ftuzl zf fwiwsizs qxtp tt bkb, muf azq npaxui slrmsdmqs dnmx'w deqy xulp esxejs. Ir kag'sp djlygtns ftut, joz lkq dtab tqsp, snwmh ehqdq ipy't gn kqjttuzs spljekqe. Ta qzp usix xpi, T wmzf fp dpjlsij ttmf Tjelja sv ln mirgm aewbyq, lnp U pao'e ctwnrye mzk ag ehj crlyge tq pjo. I'r seve smkuzh ehnb kv ln qmeffcelp dr oeoapuor cnyrhcs, euzof T tmxejst uf imt vism yi quzzk. Tftl Mrdopr.

21 hours ago, Sambews said:

Koh watched as all the people ran up to the building, clearing rubble and rushing into the building. He tried to think of something he could do to help. 

"I'll... document this I guess? Unless there's anything else I can do to help. I'm not really good at... physical stuff."

Reveal hidden contents

Tpvjako xodq bqpalj qkyp staiz va. Tmni vpey xuwf ehjh'bh sedq fa iplu, frlnh uzpudltjb dkts uez'f b wasm yi audq mzbccmh. S wllwqp m ctt brdk  doyqnaej cteoupd uz yqull, fwn wsek emue ehfc, zdcabtdmttnl, "crld rmdqxz sauyoqd, azp itfy iy myhd, ttqdq't fszjvoj a nus nvtli dz." Le daqez'u dejv vlve mzk evgiaxbv sahq nqfy ftdxg, lsupq rszm yqo rye ita oslwqnn rft. U'y sajyg yx cwtcw mdavyd fwn vpe itmf ilpunxv yejf. Uf bapjjbv ehmf yate ok crh aeabxq iprj jbh 'roap sgzd,' bzc S gzn'f tmhf pntdqk aedebqdeian dr eexx. U iiprj crh aeabxq xso guoz fp ftq nvtlirxj hezf?  

Usix rc d muzot ag qiquou nozfqzu. T ctdvgy't ftuzl zf fwiwsizs qxtp tt bkb, muf azq npaxui slrmsdmqs dnmx'w deqy xulp esxejs. Ir kag'sp djlygtns ftut, joz lkq dtab tqsp, snwmh ehqdq ipy't gn kqjttuzs spljekqe. Ta qzp usix xpi, T wmzf fp dpjlsij ttmf Tjelja sv ln mirgm aewbyq, lnp U pao'e ctwnrye mzk ag ehj crlyge tq pjo. I'r seve smkuzh ehnb kv ln qmeffcelp dr oeoapuor cnyrhcs, euzof T tmxejst uf imt vism yi quzzk. Tftl Mrdopr.

Zaria stopped, attuning Terror.

"Orb, it's happening again!"

"What? Now?"

"Y-yeah, I don't f-feel so good."

"Lay down."

"O-ok."

Before Zaria was able to lay down, she passed out and had a seizure.

This is because of the nightwatcher.

really sorry

been very busy with Christmas and everything.

On 12/22/2020 at 8:30 AM, Ashbringer said:

For now, she gulped down some iron powder and ran in the building, trailing Stormlight from her wrist.

His soldier --Lord didn't know her name and didn't care much--  was having trouble with the combination for the door. Understandable, with the shock wave and the smoke it was surprising she was on her feet, but it was still very unnerving.

"it is very easy!" He ranted on, "two sets of a two followed by a four, then a two repeated two times and then another four..."

He was cut off by a shape hurrying through the smoke, illuminating it with Stormlight.

"How fortunate! please, I need help! my friend here has some trouble with this lock!"

@Ashbringer

On 23/12/2020 at 11:51 PM, Random Bystander said:

Orb Zoomed back out after a few minutes.

"They could not hear me, not even when I yelled."

"Rusts!"

"You should go ask them yourself."

"Yeah, that is probably a good idea."

Zaria put down her bag, grabbed her spheres, and ran toward the two people in the fire. 

"HEY! DO YOU NEED HELP?"

Zaria attuned Resolve.

10 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

Zaria stopped, attuning Terror.

"Orb, it's happening again!"

"What? Now?"

"Y-yeah, I don't f-feel so good."

"Lay down."

"O-ok."

Before Zaria was able to lay down, she passed out and had a seizure.

Folorian was pulled out of the trance by the half-singer's shout, but by the time he turned toward her she was already collapsing on the ground

"Kerr, Pel, Tell Alanis a woman just collapsed behind me and I'm pulling her out of there"

On 24/12/2020 at 7:04 AM, Sambews said:

Reveal hidden contents

"Go to the Einladung Hospital, tell them a building exploded and we need people with stretchers for the survivors"

@Rushu42@Scarletfox

On 12/25/2020 at 7:54 AM, mathiau said:

Folorian was pulled out of the trance by the half-singer's shout, but by the time he turned toward her she was already collapsing on the ground

"Kerr, Pel, Tell Alanis a woman just collapsed behind me and I'm pulling her out of there"

"Go to the Einladung Hospital, tell them a building exploded and we need people with stretchers for the survivors"

@Rushu42@Scarletfox

As Zaria fell, she also lost her spheres, broke one of her benaloy vials, and broke her arm. With no stormlight, Zaria couldn't heal. 

Orb panicked. 

"ZARIA! WAKE UP! Help! Someone HELP!"

Orb zoomed towards someone heading to Zaria.

"Help, please! Zaria, the person I am bonded to, is having a seizure and lost her stormlight. I think she might have broken a bone as well! Why are you mortals so fragile? Do you have any stormlight? Are you going to help her?"

Zaria moaned in her sleep.

6 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

As Zaria fell, she also lost her spheres, broke one of her benaloy vials, and broke her arm. With no stormlight, Zaria couldn't heal. 

Orb panicked. 

"ZARIA! WAKE UP! Help! Someone HELP!"

Orb zoomed towards someone heading to Zaria.

"Help, please! Zaria, the person I am bonded to, is having a seizure and lost her stormlight. I think she might have broken a bone as well! Why are you mortals so fragile? Do you have any stormlight? Are you going to help her?"

Zaria moaned in her sleep.

Unfortunately, Folorian couldn't see Orb, in fact he couldn't see Zaria despite that he was transporting her, only the exit he was heading too

Folorian has a few spheres with stormlight on him, Zaria should be able to breath them in even in her sleep

15 hours ago, mathiau said:

Unfortunately, Folorian couldn't see Orb, in fact he couldn't see Zaria despite that he was transporting her, only the exit he was heading too

Orb became annoyed.

"ARE YOU IGNORING ME???!!!"

Zaria stirred slightly, but showed no signs of waking up.

17 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

Orb became annoyed.

"ARE YOU IGNORING ME???!!!"

Zaria stirred slightly, but showed no signs of waking up.

Folorian's subconsious ended up deciding Orb's constant screaming might be something to share with his consciousness

"Excuse me, did you say something? I have a complicated Nightwatcher bane that made me miss all of it"

Edited by mathiau

1 hour ago, mathiau said:

Folorian's subconsious ended up deciding Orb's constant screaming might be something to share with his consciousness

"Excuse me, did you say something? I have a complicated Nightwatcher bane that made me miss all of it"

Thank you for mentioning the Nightwatcher! Orb has trouble remembering things (because of how Zaria's amnesia effected their Nahel bond) unless someone (other than Zaria) says something to Orb about it. Also, Orb talks very fast.

As the helpful stranger mentioned the Nightwatcher, memories surfaced that had been locked in her memory. She remembered Zaria's boredom and how she became anxious when things became too slow. She thrived off of excitement. So she went to the Nightwatcher. Her boon was adventure, and her bane was...

"THAT'S IT!!! ZARIA WENT TO THE NIGHTWATCHER! She got what she wanted, but paid for it with these debilitating seizures. I didn't remember, until you mentioned Nightwatcher. Zaria has amnesia, and can only remember stuff from around 3 months ago. The amnesia hid most of my memories from me. I don't know why. What is your boon and your bane?"

As they spoke, Zaria's arm healed after she breathed in some stormlight.

"Oh, what is your name? Zaria would glare at me if I didn't ask."

7 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

As the helpful stranger mentioned the Nightwatcher, memories surfaced that had been locked in her memory. She remembered Zaria's boredom and how she became anxious when things became too slow. She thrived off of excitement. So she went to the Nightwatcher. Her boon was adventure, and her bane was...

"THAT'S IT!!! ZARIA WENT TO THE NIGHTWATCHER! She got what she wanted, but paid for it with these debilitating seizures. I didn't remember, until you mentioned Nightwatcher. Zaria has amnesia, and can only remember stuff from around 3 months ago. The amnesia hid most of my memories from me. I don't know why. What is your boon and your bane?"

As they spoke, Zaria's arm healed after she breathed in some stormlight.

"Oh, what is your name? Zaria would glare at me if I didn't ask."

Another radiant and spren with a shared bane? Beside him and Kerr he'd never heard of that happening

"I'm called Folorian, my bane is a bit complex, the short version is that I can only focus on one thing or action at one time, right now it's 'speaking with you', I don't consciously see or hear anything else, and like Zaria's it's shared with my spren. I had asked 'wonder like I've never heard about' and got a one time travel here as my boon. Many people called my boon and bane unbalanced, I never did" even if his boon had only entailed meeting Alanis, one of the friends he ever had, he wouldn't have.

He placed Zaria on the ground in the least painful way possible and placed his last stormlight sphere on her chest

"If I may ask, do you remember what your boon was?"

2 minutes ago, mathiau said:

Another radiant and spren with a shared bane? Beside him and Kerr he'd never heard of that happening

"I'm called Folorian, my bane is a bit complex, the short version is that I can only focus on one thing or action at one time, right now it's 'speaking with you', I don't consciously see or hear anything else, and like Zaria's it's shared with my spren. I had asked 'wonder like I've never heard about' and got a one time travel here as my boon. Many people called my boon and bane unbalanced, I never did" even if his boon had only entailed meeting Alanis, one of the friends he ever had, he wouldn't have.

He placed Zaria on the ground in the least painful way possible and placed his last stormlight sphere on her chest

"If I may ask, do you remember what your boon was?"

"Zaria wanted adventure. She was getting really anxious, because nothing was happening. She felt like she would die without doing anything. Her sister told her about the nightwatcher, so we left."

16 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"Zaria wanted adventure. She was getting really anxious, because nothing was happening. She felt like she would die without doing anything. Her sister told her about the nightwatcher, so we left."

"Oddly similar to my situation when I went to her, I wonder if there's a correlation between our state when we went to see her and the fact our curse is shared. Anyway it's no time for wild hypothesis, I'm not sure there's enough stormlight in my sphere to heal Zaria, how bad are her seizures?"

On 12/23/2020 at 8:58 AM, mathiau said:

Nullblade had now removed most of the rubble on the woman head and chest. At least, enough to check her vitals, which as far as he could tell were good, she was breathing and her heart was beating and but wasn't a doctor to know whether she was breathing and beating right.

As he wasn't sure she was conscious or not he started giving her small slaps on the cheeks in hope of waking her.

Sorry for the delay!

The Shadow felt something more now, something that she could register... It was... pain. Searing pain streaking through her right cheek, short and stinging yet lasting more than it should be. Her eye fluttered open and she saw a blurry figure. Someone who was hurting her. Her eye widened, screaming with panic, even though she couldn't see quite right. Adrenaline surged through her like electricity. Who was this? What this someone from the Anarchist come to finish her off? Someone sent from the Lord-son-son... someone sent from that guy trying to enslave her once more?

3 hours ago, mathiau said:

"Oddly similar to my situation when I went to her, I wonder if there's a correlation between our state when we went to see her and the fact our curse is shared. Anyway it's no time for wild hypothesis, I'm not sure there's enough stormlight in my sphere to heal Zaria, how bad are her seizures?"

"Stormlight won't help the seizures, although I think it already healed her arm. We will just have to wait for a few minutes."

9 hours ago, Scarletfox said:

The Shadow felt something more now, something that she could register... It was... pain. Searing pain streaking through her right cheek, short and stinging yet lasting more than it should be. Her eye fluttered open and she saw a blurry figure. Someone who was hurting her. Her eye widened, screaming with panic, even though she couldn't see quite right. Adrenaline surged through her like electricity. Who was this? What this someone from the Anarchist come to finish her off? Someone sent from the Lord-son-son... someone sent from that guy trying to enslave her once more?

Small slaps are more annoying than painful

NullBlade stopped as he Saw her wake up

"Good, you're consious, are you felling alright ?"

7 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

"Stormlight won't help the seizures, although I think it already healed her arm. We will just have to wait for a few minutes."

"I see, how often does these seizures happen?"

2 hours ago, mathiau said:

"I see, how often does these seizures happen?"

"About once a month, but it is sometimes more. It is never less. She had one last week, so we thought she would be ok."

Zaria groaned in her sleep.

Small slaps are more annoying than painful

On the left side, yes, but the right side of her face is burned beyond recognition. Any stimulus at this point is going to be painful for her. 

The Shadow could barely make out what he said, but it seemed that her vision and awareness was definitely improving. She opened her mouth to speak, but when she did, she discovered that she indeed have enough energy to cough some more. Things didn't feel right inside, she noted. The Shadow had only felt this way once before, but it was very distinctive. "I'm fine," She managed to hoarsely whisper. She had to get out of here if possible. Unfortunately she didn't know if she could move. Once her coughing fit ended, she tried to stir, successfully propping herself up on her left elbow for a moment. She was shaking, she had no energy left, and her arm soon gave out causing her collapse again. She trembled, this was not good. She had to get out of here. She had to get back to the shadows.

6 hours ago, Scarletfox said:

The Shadow could barely make out what he said, but it seemed that her vision and awareness was definitely improving. She opened her mouth to speak, but when she did, she discovered that she indeed have enough energy to cough some more. Things didn't feel right inside, she noted. The Shadow had only felt this way once before, but it was very distinctive. "I'm fine," She managed to hoarsely whisper. She had to get out of here if possible. Unfortunately she didn't know if she could move. Once her coughing fit ended, she tried to stir, successfully propping herself up on her left elbow for a moment. She was shaking, she had no energy left, and her arm soon gave out causing her collapse again. She trembled, this was not good. She had to get out of here. She had to get back to the shadows.

"Don't try moving, people from the hospital should be here soon" there were also a few radiants, but NullBlade did know if any of them had access to progression "Do you remember anything of what happened?"

4 hours ago, mathiau said:

"Don't try moving, people from the hospital should be here soon" there were also a few radiants, but NullBlade did know if any of them had access to progression "Do you remember anything of what happened?"

The Shadow tried brewing a glare, but she just couldn’t. She could barely do anything. She just wanted to... surrender. No, no, she had to stay focused on something, anything. “Let’s just say,” the Shadow rasped, “it was a deal gone bad.” Right after she said it, she knew she shouldn’t have revealed herself that way drawing the attention to herself, but at this point she didn’t care much.

17 hours ago, Scarletfox said:

The Shadow tried brewing a glare, but she just couldn’t. She could barely do anything. She just wanted to... surrender. No, no, she had to stay focused on something, anything. “Let’s just say,” the Shadow rasped, “it was a deal gone bad.” Right after she said it, she knew she shouldn’t have revealed herself that way drawing the attention to herself, but at this point she didn’t care much.

A deal gone bad, did she mean gone bad for her or a very angry customer? If it was the former the information she could tell him could warrant her a death sentence, both from the judge and from her accomplices

"Could you tell me more? I swear I won't reveal you talked even if it means no one believe the informations you gave."

Can we say NPC from the hospital were contacted by NPC around the heaven and are coming here or should we make a post in the hospital thread first?

Also bystander, I have no idea on what to answer to your last post so if you're waiting on me to wake Zaria up you'll wait for a long time

@Random Bystander

1 minute ago, mathiau said:

A deal gone bad, did she mean gone bad for her or a very angry customer? If it was the former the information she could tell him could warrant her a death sentence, both from the judge and from her accomplices

"Could you tell me more? I swear I won't reveal you talked even if it means no one believe the informations you gave."

@Random Bystander

Zaria moaned, attuned confusion.

"Orb?"

"ZARIA! You're awake!"

She opened her eyes.

"What... what is going on?"