On 18.8.2020 at 8:20 AM, Lord_Silberfarben said:

?? i thought lena was talking to the three newcomers who were talking to Lord. so he would hear it and reply. who was she talking to?

i misunderstood something

Okay, sure. You could have heard her talking. I was simply a little surprised by who replied to what, but it all makes sense.

Is there anything worth of notice she can discover/ see? Do you have guards, or something like that? How does the way to the cellar look like?

Sorry for holding this up, i have been sick and discouraged from posting

sorry

BUT I AM BACK

On 19/08/2020 at 3:38 AM, AmazingGoob said:

He raises his eyebrows disbelievingly. "Are you saying you can find something on a man of which you have almost no information within a day?"

"Oh don't worry, we work fast and effectively!"

In fact he already knew exactly where he could find this Xaver.

ehem... i might have been rash with that one day estimation, so the only way to make it credible is if i already know where xaver can be found.

where is he? is there any way he could have met me?

On 8/21/2020 at 4:23 AM, Lord_Silberfarben said:

"Oh don't worry, we work fast and effectively!"

In fact he already knew exactly where he could find this Xaver.

He stares suspiciously at him, before saying "Alright... Where is he?" His tone suggests that he doesn't really believe this.

"Where do we need to go?" Mike asked curiously, a sliver of hope sliding into his voice. "You really know him?"

He looked over to Freya, amazed by how good this had worked. They had talked to two people and now they knew exactly where to find the man. Easy. So incredibly easy. Awed he smiled at her in thanks, grateful that she had suggested this, that she had agreed to come along. This was good, perfect to be honest. And then he could talk to him and they could solve all of this and then, then he would finally know what was nudging him at the corner of his mind.

=========

Silber, did you see my question above regarding a few details of the building? I don't want to make too much up without your consent, given the fact that it's your guild.

On 23/08/2020 at 1:54 PM, AmazingGoob said:

He stares suspiciously at him, before saying "Alright... Where is he?" His tone suggests that he doesn't really believe this.

"Well, I don't know yet, but i have full confidence we will know within 24 hours."

sorry i didn't see the question.

big tower, Ground level is customer service(big desk, lobby, attendants, guards at the stairs, big offices through doors at the sides,), second level is a more confortable, sitting rooms, big feast room, 3rd are offices, 4th is kitchens and more offices. 5th is my suite, (and rooms for everyone who is a close member of the guild)
level -1 is storage, and there is a road that leads to street level for trucks and such.

there are two entrances to the secret basement. in a big coldroom for storing cold items there is a door to a smaller and very much colder room. in drawer 42 there is a wireless button. press it and a door appears in the wall at the bottom of the room. in there there is a stair going down to the secret basement and a oneway mirror looking over the whole of level -1(people in the storage cant see inside, but the people in the room can see into level -1) there is also another wireless switch, this one opens the a big ramp in the middle of level -1 which goes to the secret basment(for big shipments, and stuff like that.)

in the secret storage there is a storage accessed by the ramp, and an office, accessed by the stairs. there is also a big room for hemalurgy(implements to hold people on top of each other and such) which is accessed by both storage and office. to the side there are many cells...

Some are still empty, but some are not.

23 hours ago, Lord_Silberfarben said:

"Well, I don't know yet, but i have full confidence we will know within 24 hours."

@Spren of Kindness @Sorana
"Alright... I'll be back on the morrow, then." He gestures towards Mike and Freya to follow him back out of the shop.
 Once a good ways away from the tower, he turns to his two employers. "Don't get your hopes too high. Something about that doesn't feel right- it was too easy. Our knowledge of this man is so broad he could be mistaken for a hundred others."

Do you have a preference of a part Lena doesn't find, or are you fine with her wandering everywhere?

@Lord_Silberfarben

=========

Mike nodded, drawing his coat in tightly around his body. "I'm sorry." he said quietly. If he remembered more, everything would be a lot easier. But he didn't. He wasn't even sure about the sword part anymore, but he didn't give voice to these thoughts. There was no need to. He couldn't even explain that even while they walked everything slipped farther and farther away, that even the urge was lessening. He wasn't alone anymore. Maybe all of this had been nothing but a -

Freezing in his step he whirled around, eyes fixed on a narrow Alleyway nearby. There was something, something had moved, a figure, as if it was observing them. He stared, not moving a single inch, his eyes glued to the place. It was gone. Gone as if it hadn't existed at all. Hastily he turned around and rushed after the others, tried to cover up his embarressment at his own thoughts, at his imagination. Maybe he needed to eat something. Looking down at his hands he gave a slight nod when he noted that they were shaking slightly. Eat something. Then he would be better.

no, i don't mind

in fact, one way lena could discover the basement is because there is equipment needed to access the second cold room, so cold it is.

perhaps she notices there is space for 10 suits, and there are only 7 in the rack, which means 3 are being used, but there is no one in the cold room...

so yeah

and drawer 42 is the only one open

so if she starts randomly opening drawers she might find it

On 8/25/2020 at 5:13 PM, Spren of Kindness said:

"Well, I think we have time," Freya says, looking around as they walk.

On 8/25/2020 at 11:22 PM, Sorana said:

Mike nodded, drawing his coat in tightly around his body. "I'm sorry." he said quietly. If he remembered more, everything would be a lot easier. But he didn't. He wasn't even sure about the sword part anymore, but he didn't give voice to these thoughts. There was no need to. He couldn't even explain that even while they walked everything slipped farther and farther away, that even the urge was lessening. He wasn't alone anymore. Maybe all of this had been nothing but a -

Freezing in his step he whirled around, eyes fixed on a narrow Alleyway nearby. There was something, something had moved, a figure, as if it was observing them. He stared, not moving a single inch, his eyes glued to the place. It was gone. Gone as if it hadn't existed at all. Hastily he turned around and rushed after the others, tried to cover up his embarressment at his own thoughts, at his imagination. Maybe he needed to eat something. Looking down at his hands he gave a slight nod when he noted that they were shaking slightly. Eat something. Then he would be better.

Replying to Freya he says, "True, true..." Without stopping, he then says "Where was the last place you saw this man... Hmm. I just realized I never got your names. I am terribly sorry."

4 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

Replying to Freya he says, "True, true..." Without stopping, he then says "Where was the last place you saw this man... Hmm. I just realized I never got your names. I am terribly sorry."

"Mike." he extended a hand, only to realize that the man was still walking forward and probably not interested in that at all. Letting it fall down to his side nearly immediatly he considered the other question. Where had he seen him. Where had they even met? "A garden. There was a garden, with huge stone statues." And he had tried something out, trained something. He wasn't quite sure what or why, only that it had something to do with -

His hand moved to his chest. "Spikes." he whispered more to himself. That was it. That was what had been, what he had forgotten. There had been something about spikes, something about - a gun. His face twisted when he tried to fit the two images together, the pain, the fear, the strong smell of desinfectant and the cool, harsh smell of a gun. A gun. Someone had fired a gun, tried to kill someone. It was wrong all of it was wrong and he stumbled when his foot missed a cobblestone, his eyes staring at the ground without ever seeing it.

"A garden." he repeated. "There was a garden with large figures. I, maybe it was the garden outside of the monument? Where all the heros of the seven day war are standing around."

Lord-Son-Son-Son-Silberfarben was absorbed in thought while he waited for a determined amount of time to pass while pondering the events of the day. Not in the wild recalling of events that he practised at night in order to have every one of his days recorded perfectly in his mind. That would come later, before the almost fever like dreams that filled his nights drove out every other thought of his mind. That recalling was free of feelings, prejudice and morality, and he used it to dissociate himself of all sins.

This was different. He did want to associate feelings to the occurrences of the day, for feelings was what he used for morality.

The question for him was not if something was right, but if it was what he would do. That was true for everyone, but they didn’t realize it.

Eventually, after an appropriate time span passed, he let tonight’s subject of pondering enter his impressive office. Lord knew he was himself not very imposing, with his wiry body and a strange contraption attached to his head he looked more a bug than the business man he intended to be in this place. He made up for this with his attitude and with his office. The only concession he had given himself was size. He would not like the colossal offices and sitting rooms others of his status all seemed to take pride in, for he would feel not only small, but alone. Everything else in the room was expensive and with a motif for metal and the color of silver. This all nearly did not have an effect on the swordsman that entered comfortably into the room. He moved with the bluffness of someone who did not realize yet that physical strength is not the same as power.

He intended to prove him wrong.

@Sorana

@Spren of Kindness

@AmazingGoob

No idea how to continue.

i have been in the situation for the whole week

this concerns you, how do you think i should proceed?

• 4 weeks later...

Mike watched as time passed, absorbed in his thoughts, in the feeling, that - spikes. It had been spikes and that was the clue. He knew it, knew it instinctively, just as he knew that it was the solution. All he had to do was - spikes. He stared at his hands, stared and stared at the gloves covering them, at his fingers tips peeking out on top of them. He continued to stare while he tried to grasp their meaning, the reason he wore them, despite the warmth of the room around him.

Nothing.

It was nothing, nothing at all, nothing around, just this vague feeling, just the, no. Mike looked up, stared around at the stragers he'd met at their figures, the way they held themselves at their bodies. This was wrong. He had no use here, he was in the wrong place. He needed to leave, he needed to go somewhere else, to do something else. He needed to find - the thought left him and he groaned in frustration, lifted a hand to head and pressed, pressed his palm, his fingers against his forehead, leaving first white and then red imprints there. This was wrong. The whole night, the whole day was wrong and there was nothing he could do about it, nothing he-

Turning around he stumbled towards the exit suddenly needing to breathe fresh air, needing to be out and away from the strangers, from their questions. He missed the door, hit the doorframe first, but then managed to get out, to push the door out of his way. He needed, he needed - he didn't know. A sound escaped his throat, a deep, dark sound born out of frustration, out of fear, out of - the squeezed his eyes shut against the light, kept one hand firmly pressed against a wall, forced himself to take a deep breath, one then a second one.

Spikes.

That was it. He needed spikes. And then, then he needed to, he needed to. A sob escaped his lips, when he lost that thought as well, when it all fled but the certainty that he needed the spikes, that he needed them just as much as he needed to breath. They were vital, as vital as breathing, as vital as drinking, and he froze and groaned again, looked around wildly. People made a wide berth around the place where he stood, his chest hurt from holding his breath, his face wet from tears he couldn't remember breathing. He needed, he needed, he needed.

Stumbling away he tried to flee the urge, to get away from it, to escape, to be faster, so much faster, to be out of its glance, away from its grasp, out of its reach before he could understand, before he could see and know what he needed to do. The urge alone filled him with fear, a fear so deep and dark and imminent, that there was nothing, nothing else he could do, nothing else but stumble away, his eyes glued firmly to the ground, his hands touching this building and then that building. A street. He crossed it without noticing the screams, the noise he caused, instead he turned around the corner and then again and again and again, searching, always searching for something, something he didn't know, something he couldn't grasp.

But he needed to.

He needed to.

He needed to.

Or he would die.

=========

Mostly fyi, if I saw it correctly you moved on (and rightly so).

@AmazingGoob

@Lord_Silberfarben

Edited by Sorana

The boy had almost circled back to the Trader Heaven headquarters before Lord-son-son-son-Silberfarben could catch up to him. He looked sick, dizzy and confused.

Desperate.

Desperate people were people who could be manipulated and, with luck, even helped.

Lord tried to catch his attention, but the boy unaware of the person behind him.

So he gingerly rested a hand on his shoulder.

@Sorana

11 hours ago, Lord_Silberfarben said:

The boy had almost circled back to the Trader Heaven headquarters before Lord-son-son-son-Silberfarben could catch up to him. He looked sick, dizzy and confused.

Desperate.

Desperate people were people who could be manipulated and, with luck, even helped.

Lord tried to catch his attention, but the boy unaware of the person behind him.

So he gingerly rested a hand on his shoulder.

@Sorana

Mike is at the tavern. But you could have followed him there.

Guest Somebody from Scadrial

A short but strongly built man charges in and suddenly trips "cursed metalminds Well I'm here and I'm looking for work" he sits there waiting an imposing look, on his face an poleaxe at his side 

Spoiler

Ok if you come up behind him you will see two spikes and if you don't know what a poleaxe is it's a axe with a war hammer on the other side (war hammer is more similar to a standard hammer to hammer in screws) and a spear at the end

On 11.10.2020 at 5:15 AM, Lord_Silberfarben said:

whooooooooooooops

i assumed he was still here.

which tavern?

I'll tag you, as he'll switch threads again with my next two posts. I'm in no hurry, Lord can always meet him later and deal with his new customer first.