Shallan as Odium’s Champion?

Tamara

I’d like to preface this with saying I’m probably completely wrong but why can’t I find any discussions on this?

Here goes:

Shallan is Odiums champion.  I think Odiums champion will be one of the main characters (not a supporting one like Moash).  It would be a waste of our heart string to have it NOT be someone we know so well. Shallan seems to just go along with wherever she lands. She hasn’t decided any moral left and right limits, let alone Moral foundation for herself. She has had no one in her life teach her any. She has always just done what she was told and was who she was expected to be.  With her father, Jasnah, crazy wilderness thievery lady (can’t remember the name) and even as a radiant. Anything she does that she actually wants to do for herself, she is ashamed of and hides. From Drawing servants as a child to doing investigations as a radiant. The shame cycle strong in that one. I could easily see Odium’s preparations in her back story.

Shallon only does what is best for Shallan. Her other personalities as well, they were created to protect Shallan. Killing her parents, killing wilderness lady, and I’m sure a few others, were all to protect Shallan. I think she Would side with Odium if it somehow kept Shallan safe.

Kaladin killed her brother. We have yet to see any of that fallout but I think we will, with her other brother on their way. This may be the beginning of Shallan splintering off from the Radiants.

Shallan also has a very intimate understanding of who Kaladin, Adolin, and Jasnah are, making her a great choice for Odium. Many people may make the argument that Shalladin isn’t a warrior and maybe she isn’t in the traditional sense but she could drum up some major mental warfare.

She can create an army to look like anyone. Could Kaladin strike down a soldier who had the face of Tien? Or Cenn? Could Adolin strike down his wife? Could she bring Dalinar to his knees by recreating his dead wife’s crying face? With an army of void bringers behind her, that girl could do some serious warlording.

I have two more thoughts, Kaladin, Adolin, Dalinar, And some others (maybe Taln?) will return to Brazie maybe as Herolds, maybe not as herolds, to fight the Fuzed there as a delay tactic and allow those staying on Roshar to get ready for the return in a predetermined 15 years. 

I include Adolin because I think for some reason Lift will need to go as the Edgedancer and Adolin (with his wife gone to the dark side) will volunteer to take Lift’s place. This act of sacrifice, not just to die in place of the kid but be tortured in place of the kid, will resurrect Maya and make hima radiant.

The last thing I’m wondering about (because we all like to predict Kal’s love life) is that after returning from Brazie, he and Lift (assuming she ages) will be around the same age and they get together. Honestly Lift is the only character as smart-a and stubborn as him. I could see it working.

I haven’t read any of these exact ideas before, I have seen similar ones, but not exact. And I’m wondering why? I’m sure I’m wrong in my theories and I would love to know why. Thanks!

1 hour ago, IcaroRibeiro said:

No, Shallan is a character that I'm 100% sure won't turn to Odium's side

The reason is clear: Hoid

He sympathizes and admires her as if she knew something about her since childhood and this guy has a tendency to be correct

And Rayse is Hoid ultimate enemy

I'm actually not sure any the last statement, although I agree with the rest. In TWoK, Hoid says "I've come to your land to chase an old aquaintance, but I end up spending most of my time hiding from him instead". I think Hoid might not like Rayse, and might be working against him, but I don't think Hoid is Rayse's greatest enemy.

2 hours ago, Gderu said:

I'm actually not sure any the last statement, although I agree with the rest. In TWoK, Hoid says "I've come to your land to chase an old aquaintance, but I end up spending most of my time hiding from him instead". I think Hoid might not like Rayse, and might be working against him, but I don't think Hoid is Rayse's greatest enemy.

They at least have a very complicated and important relationship: 

Alaxel (Paraphrased)

He asked for "Something juicy about Odium that no one knows about yet."

Brandon Sanderson

Odium and Hoid were once friends.

I personally feel that if any of the current main five characters are going to be Odiums Champion, it will be Shallan. Szeth and Venli have already been villains, and gone good. Kaladin is Kaladin. And Dalinar quite clearly turned him down. Shallan is the most likely, by process of elimination. 

3 hours ago, Gderu said:

Interlude's Hoid letters suggest Hoid is working against Rayse. But you got a point, Rayse might be Hoid's biggest enemy

I still not seeing how is Hoid supposed to cheer and specifically looking for a girl who is doomed to be a Odium's champion. I guess is actually quite the opposite

If anything by bet for an Odium's champion would be Renarin. He was arbitrarily cited as an important role by the Diagram, in the middle of a conversation between Odium and Taravangian. I don’t think it was there purposeless 

16 hours ago, Tamara said:

I’d like to preface this with saying I’m probably completely wrong but why can’t I find any discussions on this?

Welcome to the shard.  Ambitious entrance.  My first theories were way worse.  I do not think that Shallan is evil nor do I think that she will became Odium's champion. 

I think Odiums champion will be one of the main characters (not a supporting one like Moash).  It would be a waste of our heart string to have it NOT be someone we know so well

That makes perfect sense but we are coming to know Moash fairly well and will probably learn more about him in the future.

She has always just done what she was told and was who she was expected to be.  With her father, Jasnah, crazy wilderness thievery lady (can’t remember the name) and even as a radiant. Anything she does that she actually wants to do for herself, she is ashamed of and hides. From Drawing servants as a child to doing investigations as a radiant. The shame cycle strong in that one. I could easily see Odium’s preparations in her back story.

Shallan is always easily pushed around until she is not.  Drawing servants as a child aggravated her father.  Hiding them makes sense.  Tyn was clearly not trustworthy.  Letting her think she had Shallan at a disadvantage and learning from her also makes sense.  She also as of RoW has clued in at least Adolin into her activities as Veil.  Shallan fears judgement and tries to hard to please but I don't think that is wrong ethically even if it is bad for her personally.

Shallon only does what is best for Shallan. Her other personalities as well, they were created to protect Shallan. Killing her parents, killing wilderness lady, and I’m sure a few others, were all to protect Shallan. I think she Would side with Odium if it somehow kept Shallan safe.

Her father at least was not a danger to Shallan.  He was a danger to those around them.  Tyn would have killed her.  Her personalities are a self defense mechanism.  Shallan has showed compassion and even a willingness to risk her own life for others as we saw with the deserters and her refusal to abandon Kaladin.  She even gave up personal secrets something that is very hard for her in order to give Kaladin a fighting chance.

She can create an army to look like anyone. Could Kaladin strike down a soldier who had the face of Tien? Or Cenn? Could Adolin strike down his wife? Could she bring Dalinar to his knees by recreating his dead wife’s crying face? With an army of void bringers behind her, that girl could do some serious warlording.

That would be terrifying but we know Odium has both spiritual realm access and fused who can Lightweave.  He does not need her personally to do this.