Spren of Kindness

Encouragement?

6 posts in this topic

I'm about a third through Eye of the World, and I don't know if I want to keep going.  Can anyone give me something that won't make sense unless I read the whole book/a reason to keep going?  Because I really want to read this series.

Sorry but everyone I've talked to that has read the Wheel of Time says the only good books are the Sanderson ones. But keep going! You only have 11(?) books to go until you get to the good stuff! :)

The wheel has some great character growth/development. There were characters that i hated at the beginning that took my breath away by the end. There were characters i loved at the beginning but did not like at all by the end.

I never found one book to stand out as much more than the others with the exception of 1 and 14. Really enjoyed eye of the world (read it before i even knew who sanderson was). The final book was one of the most epic books ive ever read. Think i read it within 48 hours, one eye blood shot and the other bone white.

Something that won't make sense unless you read the whole book... hmmmm....

(mild spoilers for Eye of the World, but the kind that will make it more interesting)

Padan Fain, the peddler, has been tracking Rand, Mat and Perrin for years (why? You'll have to read the book)

Nynaeve has a crush you haven't found about yet

One character heroically sacrifices himself

There's at least one way to use saidin without going mad (I've only read Eye of the World so far, there might be others revealed later in the series)

One of the Emond's Field refugees falls under a curse and attacks Moraine

Another one becomes a lighteyes (not because he bonds a shardblade)

The consequences of all these things ripple past the climax of the first book and into the beginning of The Great Hunt (which I began last night and found riveting)

The further you get, the more momentum you acquire, the easier it is to progress. Keep going! As far as I can tell, (Technically I haven't actually read the whole series,) It's totally worth it later on.

Brandon lifts the series ( in my eyes) from like a bottomless pit to one of the best series endings 

although the person that posted this topic probaly has already finished it