Magic: the Gathering

1 hour ago, Personification said:

I'd put Vin as Mardu base white, with early book 1 Vin as mono-black, Sazed as Bant, and Spook as Orzhov.

Allrianne is mono-red.

Think Id do Sazed as Blue/white or even possibly just Blue.  I'm not sure about the green alignments for any of the characters either, none of them really strike me as being particularly green.

I'd also add Tindwyl as mono white.  and Kandra as generally being blue/white shapeshifters, and Koloss as being probably mono red.  maybe red/green or red/black, but I think mono red is more likely for most of them.

52 minutes ago, Dunkum said:

Think Id do Sazed as Blue/white or even possibly just Blue.  I'm not sure about the green alignments for any of the characters either, none of them really strike me as being particularly green.

I'd also add Tindwyl as mono white.  and Kandra as generally being blue/white shapeshifters, and Koloss as being probably mono red.  maybe red/green or red/black, but I think mono red is more likely for most of them.

Sazed's focus on protecting the past and on prophecy is very green.

For kandra, I would say they are W/B, and in general not very blue. As a group they are mercenary loners (B) who live by a very strict code and adhere to contracts (W). Also, while shapeshifting is blue, transforming into a card in a graveyard (which is closer to what they actually do) is definitely in black's color pie.

29 minutes ago, Personification said:

Sazed's focus on protecting the past and on prophecy is very green.

For kandra, I would say they are W/B, and in general not very blue. As a group they are mercenary loners (B) who live by a very strict code and adhere to contracts (W). Also, while shapeshifting is blue, transforming into a card in a graveyard (which is closer to what they actually do) is definitely in black's color pie.

good point about the graveyard interaction thing, I should have thought of that.  W/B probably makes sense for the Kandra.

for Sazed, though,  I don't really see the connection.  to me he is fundamentally interested in accumulating and protecting knowledge, which is a very blue pursuit.  and he isn't really a good example of most of the things that I would generally associate with Green.  some of his ferruchemical abilities, pewter in particular, come close, but aren't his focus, just something he can do.  so he is definitely blue, and I could see an argument for white, or maybe red, given his status amongst his people and on the crew, and even black when he goes through his depressed phase and becomes a bit more nihilistic, but green i just dont associate with him.

unrelated: id probably do mistwraiths as G/B - sort of wild scavengers with some graveyard interaction.  mechanic-wise they should be a flip card, but im not sure how youd handle the blessings for that, seems like doing it accurately would be overly complicated, but doing it in a simple way wouldnt feel right.