Gears

Non-Binary Gender Identities Only

51 posts in this topic

I have been both inspired and offended by the recent "Girls Only" and "Boys Only" threads. As such, here is a place for non-binary individuals to call home. If you don't want to talk, you don't have to. I just wanted this thread to exist.

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay! I'm so glad this exists. Hopefully, we'll eventually have clubs for everything people identify as.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

However, it seems that the non-binary individuals of the 17th Shard do not participate in Social Groups, as the only responder identifies as female. This saddens me greatly, but I can take heart in the fact that this exists if and when non-binary people wish to speak. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, if Queen and I both respond once it cancels out, right?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

I mean, if Queen and I both respond once it cancels out, right?

This only saddens me further, as it increases the percentage of binary posters. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heya!

So we're being 10 year olds but at least we're being inclusive about it? Im in :P

Could make a 'rule' aka request that only non-binary people post here. 

So  where do you fit more specifically as a non-binary person? Im starting to wonder if maverique is a gender I might fit into. Im mildly gender fluid but mostly trans-masc-ish but thats also because dysphoria not because thats how I necessarily want to present. But presentation isnt gender. So maybe maverique. 

Speaking of though, whats your favourite non-binary fashion looks? Im partial to flannel and hoods. if I could get away with a cloak I totally would. 

Um whats an equivalent to girlz and boyz? Enbiz? the z is childlike anyway..... NBiz. Bees? Beeeeees!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Delightful said:

So  where do you fit more specifically as a non-binary person?

Gender apathetic. To be more precise, I have never felt that gender, as a concept, exists [I understand logically that it exists for other people, but it seems more like a social construct. For a better explainer, see Vihart's video here]. This made learning about gender identity very, very confusing.  

5 hours ago, Delightful said:

Speaking of though, whats your favourite non-binary fashion looks? Im partial to flannel and hoods. if I could get away with a cloak I totally would. 

I have always wanted to wear a cloak/cape, but it is really hot where I live, so I can't really do that without risking my health. I like t-shirts because I like being cold. In the winter, I wear t-shirts, shorts, and a thin jacket. 

5 hours ago, Delightful said:

Um whats an equivalent to girlz and boyz? Enbiz? the z is childlike anyway..... NBiz. Bees? Beeeeees!!

Enbyz probably, considering the "y" in "boy" is staying put. Or NBz.

If I may, what are your preferred pronouns.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SingingMosaic 

(don’t mind me, just dropping them a ping) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Gears said:

Gender apathetic. To be more precise, I have never felt that gender, as a concept, exists [I understand logically that it exists for other people, but it seems more like a social construct. For a better explainer, see Vihart's video here]. This made learning about gender identity very, very confusing.  

I have always wanted to wear a cloak/cape, but it is really hot where I live, so I can't really do that without risking my health. I like t-shirts because I like being cold. In the winter, I wear t-shirts, shorts, and a thin jacket. 

Enbyz probably, considering the "y" in "boy" is staying put. Or NBz.

If I may, what are your preferred pronouns.

So possibly agender?

It can get pretty hot where I live but its winter now. I would love a warm soft cape/cloak. Probably not super winter jacket level warm because I want to wear it more than two days a year.

My pronouns are they/them, in my chatacter title ;). Yours?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Delightful said:

So possibly agender?

It can get pretty hot where I live but its winter now. I would love a warm soft cape/cloak. Probably not super winter jacket level warm because I want to wear it more than two days a year.

My pronouns are they/them, in my chatacter title ;). Yours?

Gender apathetic differs from agender in that agender people [probably] understand that gender exists and they care about their lack of it. I personally am completely uncaring as to gender labels and have no preference as to pronouns. [I also think that gender is at least somewhat artificial caused by a dislike of the rules society placed on us.]

Sadly, I live in a place where winter feels mildly warm, so even in the depths of winter, it is too warm to wear a cloak.

Edited by Gears
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gears said:

Gender apathetic differs from agender in that agender people [probably] understand that gender exists and they care about their lack of it. I personally am completely uncaring as to gender labels and have no preference as to pronouns. [I also think that gender is at least somewhat artificial caused by a dislike of the rules society placed on us.]

Sadly, I live in a place where winter feels mildly warm, so even in the depths of winter, it is too warm to wear a cloak.

Im not entirely sure your definition of agender is accurate, but Im also not agender myself. And yeah gender is a lot performance and a lot arbitrary rules and its all complicated. 

So uh......What do we talk about in a non-binary thread? I assume the boys thread is all trucks and mud and the girls thread is all perfume and dolls :P :P :P. We get....cryptids, maybe? My cat is not a cryptid but he has been very demanding of snuggles today.  um *searches for topic to talk about*. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Delightful said:

So uh......What do we talk about in a non-binary thread? I assume the boys thread is all trucks and mud and the girls thread is all perfume and dolls :P :P :P. We get....cryptids, maybe? My cat is not a cryptid but he has been very demanding of snuggles today.  um *searches for topic to talk about*. 

Uh... Would you like to conquer the world, abolish gender roles, metricise the US, and engage in many other reforms that I have thought of?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gears said:

Uh... Would you like to conquer the world, abolish gender roles, metricise the US, and engage in many other reforms that I have thought of?

Anarchy? Anarchy. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Delightful said:

Anarchy? Anarchy. 

Yes [and no because I was thinking of making a dictatorship with anarchy but I don't know how that would work]. Are you in?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

Can I help? I can spy on the girls for you :ph34r: (though technically everyone is allowed on those threads too, they decided not to be exclusionary, they’re just themed now) 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AonEne said:
Spoiler

Can I help? I can spy on the girls for you :ph34r: (though technically everyone is allowed on those threads too, they decided not to be exclusionary, they’re just themed now) 

 

Quote

*Horrified gasp*

Not really. :D I'd spy on the girls, too, but I'm already the secretary. Although, Rosaleine does seem the type to enjoy the sleepover... She'd forget to do the spy work, though, so maybe it's best if she stays at a desk with sticky notes surrounding her.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay this exists!

The whole system isn't nonbinary but I am so *waves*

Aww yay someone has a cat. This makes me happy, I don't have one, so I just have to think about petting cats and other people petting cats.

I'm here for anarchy. I have this whole idea of how an anarchist world might look that's been growing in my head for a while. It wouldn't be utterly without social structure, which implies guidelines at least if not rules, because I don't think humans, as social creatures, could actually manage that but it would be as close as we could get it.

-Feather

Edited by SingingMosaic
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SingingMosaic said:

The whole system isn't nonbinary but I am so *waves*

Hello. What's being part of a system like? I like cats as well, but my dad's allergic. Anarchy functions best when everyone is perfectly logical. However, as humanity is not perfectly logical, it would probably result in a "tit-for-tat" system [like in reiterated prisoner's dilemma].

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m experimenting with being non-binary honestly came to the decision yesterday! I’m very happy this exists! Any tips for existing as an NB?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

I’m experimenting with being non-binary honestly came to the decision yesterday! I’m very happy this exists! Any tips for existing as an NB?

Welcome to the club. I personally exist as an NB by being completely apathetic. This is probably not a good idea. Care about the things worth caring about, nothing more, nothing less.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Humans can be amazingly community oriented when they're broken out of all of this conditioning, but they have to keep at it and getting them to do that is the hard part.

This one is a mixed origin system, with systems nested inside of it, so it's complex to navigate. All in all there aren't very many individuals, but more than one of them is a person who is, in tendency and instinct, different people at different times, a sort of median system. Think Singer forms and you'd be reasonably close to the idea. It takes a lot of communication and sometimes there are multiple people present, but they're present at varying levels of attention and in different ways. I'm usually the one who types on the Shard, I'm Feather. I play Nnimm in the AV. I bring this up because another headmate, Nymyyrriq, plays Dot in the AV, who was adapted from his Numenera character, who then became a sort of accidental tulpa, who thinks it's amusing that a character of him exists, so sometimes he plays himself? Actual Dot isn't a Sleepless though. He's a human... er, if we're defining human very loosely. This isn't the first time it's happened either, the system can do something I think of as budding. In the mental space it occupies, a sort of tightly closed blossom can sometimes be found, and you can feel what I can only describe as raw potential from it. Eventually it opens and someone new is there. None of us have found a way to initiate the process at will. So there aren't really tulpas, in the technical sense of the word here. There's no core, host etc. The environment itself is host, sentient in a quieter way, we just have an agreement with it that we can call it home.

Edited by SingingMosaic
Added something.
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SingingMosaic said:

The environment itself is host, sentient in a quieter way, we just have an agreement with it that we can call it home. 

Do you mind if I ask for more details on this? 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure go ahead. :)

If we should do it elsewhere that's OK, don't wanna derail the thread unless no one minds.

@Gears

@AonEne

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SingingMosaic said:

Sure go ahead. :)

If we should do it elsewhere that's OK, don't wanna derail the thread unless no one minds.

@Gears

@AonEne

There is nothing to derail. This thread would be dead if not for you. Describe what it is like to be you. Were you always a multiplicity? Are you happy? Do any members of the system identity as the "original"? Do you consider yourself to ne multiple entities in one body or a single entity with many forms of expression? If you could be a singular person without a system, would you? Do you like being yourself?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Were you always a multiplicity?
For as long as we can remember, yeah.
Are you happy?
I am. If anyone else isn't, they haven't said anything about that. Though I'm not worried about it. A lot of trust has gone into making this work. I think we would tell each other if something were wrong.
Do any members of the system identity as the "original"?
No, not really, but that's complicated. We live in a mental environment that is kind of sentient, and it identifies itself as the original home.
Do you consider yourself to ne multiple entities in one body or a single entity with many forms of expression?
We're a system of about twelve different people. Of those, three are people who have multiple facets, who consider themselves as each one person with more than one expression. So the other nine are purely individuals. I'm one I have fourteen, Nymyyrriq is another, he has sixteen, and the third has six. The three of us have expressions we prefer over others though, so many of those aren't seen for long stretches of time.
If you could be a singular person without a system, would you?
Not at this point.
Do you like being yourself?
I do. Living my life is complicated, but I figure living anyone's life is complicated for different reasons.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.