5 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Maybe some

I… have problems interacting with males cuz I speak my mind and joke around, but what if they think I’m flirting…? I. Don’t. Flirt. Can I have a map of the male mind plz?

Sorry, can’t help you there.

I barely even know what flirting is anyway.

I’m also pretty abnormal, so there’s that. 

You can’t speak your mind and joke around girls? If you can’t, those ones don’t seem like great friends.

Edited by That1Cellist

2 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

Sorry, can’t help you there.

I barely even know what flirting is anyway.

I’m also pretty abnormal, so there’s that. 

You can’t speak your mind and joke around girls? If you can’t, those don’t seem like great friends.

It’s just that I really like BOTH. I want ALL the friends! It’s honestly more fun to have a mixed group than just girls. Believe me.

41 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Maybe some

I… have problems interacting with males cuz I speak my mind and joke around, but what if they think I’m flirting…? I. Don’t. Flirt. Can I have a map of the male mind plz?

I got you.

Don't worry about being seen as flirtatious- lots of people joke around and if that's who you are definitely don't shut that down. And you can always give corrections to those who misinterpret. 

Boys pretty much boil down to general ignorance at the end of the day. Don't worry, they're just as nervous as you are and prone to overthinking things as well. Usually they're clueless and miss obvious signs but they're trying their hardest. Just try to find the good ones out there (you might have to try for a while :P) and you'll be fine.

1 hour ago, Shining Silhouette said:

I got you.

Don't worry about being seen as flirtatious- lots of people joke around and if that's who you are definitely don't shut that down. And you can always give corrections to those who misinterpret. 

Boys pretty much boil down to general ignorance at the end of the day. Don't worry, they're just as nervous as you are and prone to overthinking things as well. Usually they're clueless and miss obvious signs but they're trying their hardest. Just try to find the good ones out there (you might have to try for a while :P) and you'll be fine.

You know, it does hurt a little bit to be referred to as clueless and ignorant.

My social skills are quite lacking in every aspect, so I can't say much besides that.

Edited by That1Cellist

Just now, That1Cellist said:

You know, it does hurt a little bit to be referred to as clueless and ignorant.

My social skills are quite lacking in every aspect, so I can't say much besides that.

Hey, I'm a guy too. 

And you know I'm not referring to you, just the vast majority of us out there.

I think the guys on this site are not the vast majority, fwiw- we're pretty special. I figure we don't seem to follow the general trends :P

Just now, Shining Silhouette said:

Hey, I'm a guy too. 

And you know I'm not referring to you, just the vast majority of us out there.

I think the guys on this site are not the vast majority, fwiw- we're pretty special. I figure we don't seem to follow the general trends :P

I mean, I would hope I don't fall under the usual categories. Besides my natural tendencies, I've done a lot to not be like most people.

Yeah though, plenty of us are not great people, but I think that just goes for humans in general.

11 hours ago, That1Cellist said:

Yeah though, plenty of us are not great people, but I think that just goes for humans in general.

It honestly sucks that others would use their agency to hurt others, but that is the world we live in. A world where people seem to care less and less. Which is why this is such an amazing site, as the people here care for each other.

3 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

It honestly sucks that others would use their agency to hurt others, but that is the world we live in. A world where people seem to care less and less. Which is why this is such an amazing site, as the people here care for each other.

I agree completely. This is a very good place.

I wish people would see that other people are people too, and would respect that, instead of wanting to cause pain or not caring at all about their fellow humans.

Edited by That1Cellist

9 hours ago, Nameless said:

Does the vast majority really exist? I’m sure that people who match stereotypes do exist, but it seems to me that they’re very much the extreme minority.

The vast majority=the actions of most to all boys, excluding whoever you’re talking to (if assuring them they’re not in it, not if you’re doing the opposite).

Believe me. I know all.

15 hours ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

The vast majority=the actions of most to all boys, excluding whoever you’re talking to (if assuring them they’re not in it, not if you’re doing the opposite).

Believe me. I know all.

I know the vast majority does exist, but I feel that us telling each other 'oh, you're better than all of them' is not exactly healthy. We may be better than stereotypes that exist, but are those stereotypes actually the vast majority?

4 minutes ago, Nameless said:

I know the vast majority does exist, but I feel that us telling each other 'oh, you're better than all of them' is not exactly healthy. We may be better than stereotypes that exist, but are those stereotypes actually the vast majority?

Hmm… maybe nobody is the vast majority, like somebody was saying

Its a phantom

And Nameless is very right 

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

I didn't think of it that way, thanks for the insight.

You're very right.

1 hour ago, That1Cellist said:

You are right.

I just have friends who make fun of teenage boys a lot.

I, in addition to my natural tendencies, have made a large effort to be abnormal.

When someone says I'm normal, it kind of hurts.

I can imagine feeling the same way myself… sometimes normal isn’t fun at all, especially when it’s a component of ‘vast majority’.

8 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

Yup, though I also want to be normal, in a way.

Just one of the contradictions that makes up my life.

change+constants=contradictions=life

But they’re both variables (change and constants) so you can never tell which is which except in certain scenarios)

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, That1Cellist said:

Help! The girls are making fun of us!

We have to defend ourselves and our mental stability.

I can't stand being made fun of.

I wouldn't say the girls are making fun of us. It is more that their commentary is breaking down our cognitive function and our collective grip on reality as they analyze the hopelessness and irony that is life. 

Also hello, I'm here.

Edited by Mr. Misting