Halo I am a teenaged girl

Tell me why are teenaged boys so mean? why do they keep being mean to you and annoy you till you yourself block them on Whatsapp?

Edited by Elf

I mean, it's been quite a while since I was a teenager (I'm 25) but from what I can *hazily* remember from a decade ago, I definitely felt an entitlement to other people's time. Both girls and boys, men and women, didn't matter, if I wanted to talk to someone I felt on some *internal* level that it's not fair for them to ignore me. Which made me highly annoying. I don't think I was ever mean about it, but annoyance can seem malevolent from the outside, I guess.

In fact, I would even go as far as to say that I was able to teach myself how to control myself *way* before the internal entitlement went away. There was a period of my life, roughly from when I was 17 to when I was 20, when I had enough self-control to never be called needy, but on an emotional level I still felt entitled to other people's time. That was highly frustrating :))

But the thing is, he almost never talked to me. And the few times I tried to talk to him, he'd be like- oh you don't know anything, why are you butting in in things you have no knowledge about. 

And then one time he was so rude to me and calling me such things that I just blocked him. And I swear I only tried to talk to him a few times, I never persistently annoyed him.

Oh, we're taking one particular boy, not teenage boys in general :).

Well, can't help you there much. There are pretty accurate statements that can be made about the characteristics of groups, but individuals are... well, individual. In any case, you shouldn't expose yourself to toxicity that doesn't benefit you, so the blocking sounds like a pretty good call there.

So, I'm gonna say something that is gonna sound a bit selfish, but is nevertheless good life advice.

Yes, it IS possible that someone can be mean to you without being a bad person. It is possible that they could be having an unusually bad day, it is possible that they're generally nice but dislike you because of some unlucky coincidences, it is possible that their behavior makes sense in context for a variety of reasons. BUT, the fact of the matter is that there are BILLIONS of people on the planet. You can afford to be selective about who you interact with (or, alternatively, liberal about who you cut away from your life) and still have plenty of friends.