12 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

Cool, cool.

What about you, Fadran? What's your girl story? Don't feel pressured to tell us anything you don't want to, though.

My girl story?

Long. But entertaining!

I'm going to pull us all the way back to 2019 (yeah, such a long time, I know), sometime near the beginning of the school year. Introducing crush, whom I will refer to as RP (that's their initials). Around now, we're acquaintances, and I don't like like her (yet). In retrospect, it's possible that she had a crush on me for a lot longer than I've had a crush on her, though I can't be sure. While she did tend to bother me a lot, she tends to do that to a lot of people. Fast-forward to an EFY express (for the non-MotCoJCoLDS EFY is a week where a bunch of LDS teens get together from across the world to take lessons and do activities and stuff. To most LDS kids, it's the best week of their life). She and I hung out with each other during this (as well as some other friends), and at some point during it I realized, "hey, I like this person."

Fast-forward a little while longer. By now I've gotten a hunch that she likes me, but either way we've become close-ish friends. Then, suddenly, out of the blue, Coronavirus decides to exist, and I'm doing school... on Zoom! She and I share a class on Zoom, and our teacher assigns us some reading over the weekend. The reading is an article about how people have started confessing their crushes during quarantine because they're afraid of what could happen if their crush caught the virus and possibly died. I texted this to her, and asked "should I tell my crush?"

She responded positively, and asked if she should do the same. The conversation then moved to me asking her who she had a crush on, and she told me I could play for it. Any 20 Questions (a game we should have on the forums here, but whatever). She went first, and guessed my crush (her) in five questions. I took twelve, but I was toying with her half the time (or maybe that's just an excuse), with a few all-time favorite questions like "is he better-looking than I am" or "is his name *my IRL name*?". In the end, she didn't actually name her crush, but I was 99.9999% sure that it was me anyways.

Both her and I are MotCoJCoLDS (I think you guys have figured that one out by now), but she wasn't 16 then. She's 16 now, but because of quarantine, I haven't been able to ask her out.

Storms, how to I conclude this?

Don't die? Always a good catch-me-all.

Don't die!

~ Fadran.

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

My girl story?

Long. But entertaining!

I'm going to pull us all the way back to 2019 (yeah, such a long time, I know), sometime near the beginning of the school year. Introducing crush, whom I will refer to as RP (that's their initials). Around now, we're acquaintances, and I don't like like her (yet). In retrospect, it's possible that she had a crush on me for a lot longer than I've had a crush on her, though I can't be sure. While she did tend to bother me a lot, she tends to do that to a lot of people. Fast-forward to an EFY express (for the non-MotCoJCoLDS EFY is a week where a bunch of LDS teens get together from across the world to take lessons and do activities and stuff. To most LDS kids, it's the best week of their life). She and I hung out with each other during this (as well as some other friends), and at some point during it I realized, "hey, I like this person."

Fast-forward a little while longer. By now I've gotten a hunch that she likes me, but either way we've become close-ish friends. Then, suddenly, out of the blue, Coronavirus decides to exist, and I'm doing school... on Zoom! She and I share a class on Zoom, and our teacher assigns us some reading over the weekend. The reading is an article about how people have started confessing their crushes during quarantine because they're afraid of what could happen if their crush caught the virus and possibly died. I texted this to her, and asked "should I tell my crush?"

She responded positively, and asked if she should do the same. The conversation then moved to me asking her who she had a crush on, and she told me I could play for it. Any 20 Questions (a game we should have on the forums here, but whatever). She went first, and guessed my crush (her) in five questions. I took twelve, but I was toying with her half the time (or maybe that's just an excuse), with a few all-time favorite questions like "is he better-looking than I am" or "is his name *my IRL name*?". In the end, she didn't actually name her crush, but I was 99.9999% sure that it was me anyways.

Both her and I are MotCoJCoLDS (I think you guys have figured that one out by now), but she wasn't 16 then. She's 16 now, but because of quarantine, I haven't been able to ask her out.

Don't die!

~ Fadran.

Sigh... I was supposed to go to the FSY program;- basically the same thing as EFY, but new, you probably know- but COVID said no. It's supposed to happen next year, but I dunno. I also am literally the only member in my grade, which sort of sucks and really limits things.

35 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

My girl story?

Long. But entertaining!

Don't die!

~ Fadran.

That's an adorable and awesome story! I hope things work out with her, keep us updated!!

33 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Sigh... I was supposed to go to the FSY program;- basically the same thing as EFY, but new, you probably know- but COVID said no. It's supposed to happen next year, but I dunno. I also am literally the only member in my grade, which sort of sucks and really limits things.

I was also going to go to FSY. My EFY company from last year was literally the best, and nothing can top them, but I was still really excited.

14 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

My girl story?

Long. But entertaining!

Don't die!

~ Fadran.

Wow, congrats, that’s pretty gutsy!

Edit: What’s all y’all’s advice on texting girls and getting them to text back? I’m surprisingly bad at texting (anyone, not just my crushes) considering how much time I spend here on the shard, literally typing out conversations.

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar
Im sorry I’ve been editing ridiculous amounts of posts lately

1 hour ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Edit: What’s all y’all’s advice on texting girls and getting them to text back? I’m surprisingly bad at texting (anyone, not just my crushes) considering how much time I spend here on the shard, literally typing out conversations.

Find a reason to text them. Don't just say, "hey, I was bored and decided to text you" say something like, "I saw this really cool piece of art, and remembered that you mentioned how much you like this artist." Then send a picture of the artwork in question. This helps her realize that you listen when she tells you things and that you want to share things you know she'd enjoy with her. It makes her feel important. Just, at least at first, make sure there's a reason for texting her, otherwise it can be a little weird. Did that help at all? If not, ask more specific questions for me to address. 

To quote Fadran, don't die!

Edited by DramaQueen

1 hour ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Okay, well I do have one piece of advice for this:

Avoid conversation killers!! Do not. And I repeat. DO NOT use one word answers. Unless you expand on what your saying in a second or third text, saying things like “haha” or “k” will make it awkward to keep texting. This applies to any conversation, not just one with a girl. There are some exceptions, but really, it’s best to avoid them. 

So, I don't know exactly how to put this but some of the girls where asking about dating guys so I guess I'll put it here.

Disclaimer

Spoiler

What I put below may be already know to you. I also might phrase it badly in which case feel free to point it out so I can word it better.

Additionally I am what is considered 'weird' so take everything I say with a grain of salt.

So the one thing I will say is to not only except but expect curtacy, your looking for a husband expect the best from him.

If a guy offers to open doors, or pull out a chair for you let him, for two reasons.

1. It makes them feel appreciated

2. It gets them in the habit of doing it. 

To guys do all of these while on dates, and some of them whenever you can.

Open doors, the lady should always be the first one in the building.

Pull out their chairs when they need to sit.

If it's cold give them your coat.

Of there isn't enough chairs for both of you, you are the one that needs to stand.

Pay the bill.

I know that this isn't a complete list but it'll do for the time being.

Anyway that's my two cents.

19 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

Find a reason to text them. Don't just say, "hey, I was bored and decided to text you"

This is literally what I did :ph34r: but nothing went wrong. Still, probably should avoid that in the future.

Well, that’s what I said when she asked later. It isn’t how I started the conversation.

2 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

This is literally what I did :ph34r: but nothing went wrong. Still, probably should avoid that in the future.

Well, that’s what I said when she asked later. It isn’t how I started the conversation.

Well, if nothing bad happened, then you're probably fine doing that with that girl, just don't do it every time you text her, it'll get annoying.

51 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

Well, if nothing bad happened, then you're probably fine doing that with that girl, just don't do it every time you text her, it'll get annoying.

yeah, haven't done it since :P just as an excuse for the first time

9 hours ago, DramaQueen said:

Find a reason to text them. Don't just say, "hey, I was bored and decided to text you" say something like, "I saw this really cool piece of art, and remembered that you mentioned how much you like this artist." Then send a picture of the artwork in question. This helps her realize that you listen when she tells you things and that you want to share things you know she'd enjoy with her. It makes her feel important. Just, at least at first, make sure there's a reason for texting her, otherwise it can be a little weird. Did that help at all? If not, ask more specific questions for me to address. 

To quote Fadran, don't die!

What if you DON'T have a reason to text them? 

Edited by The_Truthwatcher

16 minutes ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

Make up some random thing, but make sure it isn't awkward, like asking for help with school or with something you know they are good at (I'm not a girl so my advice may not be that great).

20 minutes ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

See, this is funny timing because earlier today I was going through my contacts and accidently fat-fingered the face time button on the girl who I decided I didn't have a crush on but might have (?) for a while.

My heart rate instantly skyrocketed into the 'completely terrified' zone... but I clicked end before they answered. Moments later the following conversation occurred (paraphrased)

Her: ?

Me: Sorry, that was an accident

Her: I mean, we can face time if you want but I didn't think that was something we did *insert laughy cry face*

Me (hesitant): Nah

No reply

So now I am very confused. And keep in mind this is after not really speaking to each other for a few weeks, which just makes me wonder more. Help? :P 

2 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

See, this is funny timing because earlier today I was going through my contacts and accidently fat-fingered the face time button on the girl who I decided I didn't have a crush on but might have (?) for a while.

My heart rate instantly skyrocketed into the 'completely terrified' zone... but I clicked end before they answered. Moments later the following conversation occurred (paraphrased)

Her: I mean, we can face time if you want but I didn't think that was something we did *insert laughy cry face*

No reply

So now I am very confused. And keep in mind this is after not really speaking to each other for a few weeks, which just makes me wonder more. Help? :P 

I'm as confused as you are. Sorry.

Edited by Mist

3 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

No reply

Just go back to the normal amount of texting you usually do, talking about it will make it weird and maybe make them think you like them.