3 minutes ago, revelryintheart said:

Yes. We females are elusive creatures, so strange and alien that we are classified as another species. You will never understand us, no matter how valiant and noble your efforts are.

Just out of curiosity, do the female species understand their male counterparts?

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Just out of curiosity, do the female species understand their male counterparts?

I'd like to imagine that I understand guys better than most girls, being that I have only brothers and lots of guyfriends. But when it comes to understanding guys romantically (since that's the subject we've been talking about) I have no clue, but I don't care at all haha.

Advice from a severely unqualified somewhat-aromantic: Take your crush by the hand, stare into their eyes, and say, "[name], I find myself overcome with a deep and passionate romantic love for you. Will you do me the honour of being your romantic partner for as long as our paths intertwine?" 

4 minutes ago, Gears said:

Advice from a severely unqualified somewhat-aromantic: Take your crush by the hand, stare into their eyes, and say, "[name], I find myself overcome with a deep and passionate romantic love for you. Will you do me the honour of being your romantic partner for as long as our paths intertwine?" 

someone please try this and report back to us.

On 7/31/2020 at 9:47 AM, Channelknight Fadran said:

That is correct.

Reveal hidden contents

Some girls are absolute idiots too. Haven't met any before, but they exist.

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

I think.

They only occured as politicians.

On 7/31/2020 at 11:22 AM, Honorless said:

Happy boy noises

Everyboy liked that.

20 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

*grunts, fulfilling stereotype*

*Communicates with Truthless using grunts to fullfil said stereotype*

20 hours ago, Nameless said:

*Eats a metric ton of food, fulfilling other stereotype*

*Asks about Nameless's food while mouth is full of other food*

3 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

*Eats red meat*

*Doesn't understand girls*

*Laughs at the arcane art of "makeup"*

*Does dumb things*

Yeah.

On 8/1/2020 at 0:20 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

Oh don't worry, that was a long time ago. I've grown and learned.

But advice would be appreciated, yes.

Hear ye, hear ye, the advice of a straight female on the approaching of one of her kind romantically.

First and foremost, thou must become her friend. If you refrain from getting to know her well, it is highly likely that she shall never know you well enough to like you. Once this step is accomplished, thou must make sure you still like her. Perhaps, once thou hast gotten to know her better, thine feelings have changed. If thou still art experiencing the fluttery feelings associated with a crush, then do things that show this. Thou needest not to proclaim your love to the rooftops, but thou wouldst do well to complement her. Comment on her hair, her laugh, her smile, her talents, but don't mention clothing or makeup, unless that is where her skill and interest lies or her clothing mentions a shared interest of thine, for example, if thou both like Marvel and she is wearing a Marvel shirt, thou canst comment upon that to start a conversation among that topic. (Ok, this old speech is getting to me, imma stop.) If she's good at art and draws something really cool, tell her that you think it's cool. Make her feel appreciated. But don't you dare lie. If she thinks something looks awesome, but you disagree, you don't have to say, "yeah, it's great!" No one wants a relationship with someone who never expresses their true opinion. You might be scared that she'll hate you if you disagree, but it will make it worse if you keep lying. You want her to like the real you, not a facade. Don't become the guy you think she thinks she wants, be you! Then, help her realize if you're the guy she wants. If she never does anything to make you think she likes you, if none of your guy friends think she likes you, if she seems to withdraw any time you drop a hint, you accept that and move on. It'll be hard, but deal with it. She doesn't want you trailing after her like a lovesick puppy, that's not going to do anything. Move on, and even if you can't, try to appear as though you've moved on. On the other hand, if she starts dropping hints, if your guy friends tell you she likes you, if her friends tell you she likes you, make a move! Ask her out, but don't come on too strong, just in case everyone misread her. If she makes the first move, just roll with it. Good luck, men!

Also, I would appreciate advice on how to deal with guys in return. That is my requested payment.

Edited by DramaQueen

Well, thanks for that, Queen. That all feels obvious but it took a long time for me to figure it out, and I still couldn't articulate it like that

*Tries to find link to Studio C sketch. You know the one I mean*
Should I post it in the girl chat or are you just going to report back?

5 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Well, thanks for that, Queen. That all feels obvious but it took a long time for me to figure it out, and I still couldn't articulate it like that

*Tries to find link to Studio C sketch. You know the one I mean*
Should I post it in the girl chat or are you just going to report back?

I'm always here. The girl chat really is girls only, sorry.

What she said.

However, I would add this: Friends are often willing to drop hints for you, both yours and hers.

This is how you know if she likes you. She giggles at every joke you make, even if it's not funny. She gives you gifts or recommends books/movies to watch. She has lengthy conversations about what you like and hints about things she likes. She seeks your approval, and you often find her looking at you or staring off into space thinking about you(if she is staring into space, do not take the second part for granted). She tries to make you jealous, talking about or to other boys when you're around.

These are all for girls of my personality, they may not apply to others.

What you should do: find out what she likes and talk to her about it, recommend things she will like. Give her gifts, like origami flowers, or send anonymous notes to her. Volunteer to be her partner in class and do your share of the work, but not all of it. If she consistently stares at another boy or doesn't pay attention to you in a frequent pattern, she's probably not interested.

Some more hints: be yourself. It might behoove you to try something she likes, but make sure you do stuff you like too. Oh, and make sure to determine her faith, members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints generally don't date until 16, and I would say no if someone asked me before I was 16. If you end up at a party or dance and she's there, feel free to hang out, that's not a date, but don't go or leave together(unless you're carpooling :) )

5 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

Hear ye, hear ye, the advice of a straight female on the approaching of one of her kind romantically.

First and foremost, thou must become her friend. If you refrain from getting to know her well, it is highly likely that she shall never know you well enough to like you. Once this step is accomplished, thou must make sure you still like her. Perhaps, once thou hast gotten to know her better, thine feelings have changed. If thou still art experiencing the fluttery feelings associated with a crush, then do things that show this. Thou needest not to proclaim your love to the rooftops, but thou wouldst do well to complement her. Comment on her hair, her laugh, her smile, her talents, but don't mention clothing or makeup, unless that is where her skill and interest lies or her clothing mentions a shared interest of thine, for example, if thou both like Marvel and she is wearing a Marvel shirt, thou canst comment upon that to start a conversation among that topic. (Ok, this old speech is getting to me, imma stop.) If she's good at art and draws something really cool, tell her that you think it's cool. Make her feel appreciated. But don't you dare lie. If she thinks something looks awesome, but you disagree, you don't have to say, "yeah, it's great!" No one wants a relationship with someone who never expresses their true opinion. You might be scared that she'll hate you if you disagree, but it will make it worse if you keep lying. You want her to like the real you, not a facade. Don't become the guy you think she thinks she wants, be you! Then, help her realize if you're the guy she wants. If she never does anything to make you think she likes you, if none of your gut friends think she likes you, if seems to withdraw any time you drop a hint, you accept that and move on. It'll be hard, but deal with it. She doesn't want you trailing after her like a lovesick puppy, that's not going to do anything. Move on, and even if you can't, try to appear as though you've moved on. On the other hand, if she starts dropping hints, if your guy friends tell you she likes you, if her friends tell you she likes you, make a move! Ask her out, but don't come on too strong, just in case everyone misread her. If she makes the first move, just roll with it. Good luck, men!

Also, I would appreciate advice on how to deal with guys in return. That is my requested payment.

Huh.

I had figured only about half of that out. Nice, thanks!

How do guys work? Uhh...

Guys rarely go by halves. There isn't an option, as far as I know, that is "I kinda like this person but not too much." Guys either like you or don't like you. Whether or not they know this, however, is individual to each person. When it comes to liking someone, guys have a variety of methods of showing that. I'll list them below:

1. "Maxiumum Aloofness." This beautiful advice given by Sokka to Aang in the fourteenth episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender is a perfect representation of a good portion of guys. These guys will outwardly appear as if they don't care about the person they have a crush on. I was like this for about three years or so, and I can't actually find a good reason why I did it. Guys will trick themselves into thinking that if they completely ignore the person they like, then that person will eventually notice them. This does not mean that every guy who ignores you has a crush on you; just some of them do. A good way to pick these people out of a crowd is to try to talk to them: chances are they'll freeze up and stutter, or act as though they've been your friend for years and chat smoother than you might anticipate.
  2. "OverFlirtation." If a guy is flirting with you, then he might have a crush on you! That's how it works! However, you have to know the person who's flirting; if they flirt with everybody, then you're just another girl (that was painful to write. GUYS!!! THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS JUST ANOTHER GIRL!!! EVERYONE IS UNIQUE!!! Ok, that's out of my system now. Moving on). If they only flirt with you and a couple other people, then they probably like you and those other people. They might lean towards Aloofness as they do this, flirting with people they don't like in order to cover up the fact that they're flirting with you because they like you. To make sure you're not an "extra" (and I sure hope to goodness that none of you are. I would find and kill anybody who considers anybody an extra), try flirting back. If they seem excited, congrats! You got them! If they seem uncomfortable... then they're a sexist son of a chull and you're just a coverup. Ask your brawny friend (or me, but I'm not brawny) to beat them up for you.
  3. "The Experienced." Those past two methods are generally starter phases for most guys. I certainly went through both (I didn't flirt with anybody to coverup, though. Even I'm not that much of a jerk). After awhile, though, a guy will finally learn that in order to get a girl to like them, they have to become friends first. They may have absolutely no idea how to go through with this, so sometimes you might want to take initiative and start befriending them first (I'll put good methods to do this in a subsection. Am I seriously categorizing crush identification? This is weird). If, in the case that the guy does know what he's doing, he'll play it smooth, but not too smooth. He'll start conversations on his own, he'll respond to you without freezing up too much (he'll still freeze, though. He'll always freeze), and he might even go so far as to swallow his pride and buy you a gift on Valentine's day or ask you out. Be careful, though. If you're aware that the guy you like is in a relationship with someone, then you need to stay cautious. Waiting for him to break up is certainly an option, but not a good one. If he turns to you after breaking up with somebody else, then it might just be to prove a point, which is even worse than "extras" or "coverups," in my opinion.

A few more things to note: About 90% of the male population is freaking terrified of females. If you start a conversation with a guy and he instantly freezes, then that does not mean he has a crush on you. If you want to get close to someone who is inexperienced in relationships, then try to use a conduit. Become friends with friends of that person, then join the group and befriend that person. From there... well, from there, it's a bit of a waiting game, because most guys don't know how to pick up flirting signals. Get close to them, help them feel comfortable around you. Eventually, they'll figure out what's going on, and then all you have to do is subtly suggest a date, or mention Valentine's day (guys are also terrified of Valentine's day). Try laughing at things they say: We feel great when we make you laugh (though with @Condensation telling me that girls laugh at everything when they like you... hmm). Guys are also terrified of admitting they like unless they're 100% sure that you like them; if you do something nice for them, though, they're more likely to approach you.

TL;DR... it seems as though the "fearless male warrior" is a huge misconception, because half the verbs in that entire post were the word "terrified."

Other guys! Did I miss anything? What a beautiful way to end a post

~ Fadran

I would agree with most of what Condensation said, but maybe not the anonymous notes? She might get so caught up in the mystery of her secret admirer that she doesn't pay attention to the physical real not secret you.

Also, Fadran, us girls are terrified too.

I got somewhat ninja'd, but I still want to say this bit. Fadran got most of my points so here's an add on.

Guys, for the most part, are pretty dumb, but we aren't stupid. A lot of dudes are going to miss most of your subtler cues as to your interest (or lack thereof), especially younger and less experienced guys in high school or college. Usually we'll catch on before you have to tell us straight out, but you never know. 

Even after a dude knows you like him (or at least don't find him utterly detestable), it takes a lot of courage to make a move. I'm generally a friendly guy, but I still have a trouble asking girls on dates. It's a combination of a lot of things, I feel like. There's a fear of rejection, first off. A lot of male culture these days subscribes personal worth to your romantic prowess. No one wants to be Ron in Goblet of Fire, even though it's not ever really that bad.

Second off, and pay attention to this, girls, it's you. Like Fadran says, boys don't do things by halves, so if a boy likes you, he has quite a vision built up in his head. I'm totally guilty of this. Even girls I do know well as friends, as soon as romance gets involved, there's a tendency to treat you more like a goddess than a person, which is a good thing, but only to an extent. We don't want to mess up and let you down, even if it's just by being us. That's where the "Sokka" approach comes from, I feel like. 

I get over those (this is for the boys here) by following DramaQueen's advice. Be friends first. It won't solve these problems, but it will make it easier for you. And in general, a bad date won't mess up a friendship, so you have nothing to lose.

To the girls. I'm not saying you have to make the first move, but remember how much guys are going to follow your lead. I heard a line like "Be careful when you compliment a boy. If you tell him his shirt looks good he'll wear it for the next month". It's pretty accurate. Let them work up their courage, but don't be afraid to speed it along by being a bit more obvious. ;) 

I was thinking about trying to do advice, but then I thought:

1. I'm only 13 I know nothing

2. I am different from most girls I know nothing

3. I don't understand even my emotions I know nothing

4. I know nothing

So if you want to ask me, DON'T. I have no idea. I'm not even sure that I know who I like.

We also definitely build up high expectations for our crushes. For example, when I liked this one guy, even his flaws seemed flawless. Then, I realized he was an idiot and his flaws were very flawed. It took a while for me to get to that point, though.

Edited by DramaQueen

Well, I'm always here, Vapor, as inexperienced or experienced as I may be, to offer my help. That goes for the rest of you, too.

One more note: Maximum Aloofness is BAD. When I like a guy, or I think he likes me, and want to confront him, that aloofness is scary! Be kind and understanding, not aloof! I want to spend time with you, and Maximum Aloofness didn't work for Aang, either.

19 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

We also definitely build up high expectations for our crushes. For example, when I liked this one guy, even his flaws seemed flawless. Then, I realized he was an idiot and his flaws were very flawed. It took a while for me to get to that point, though.

Oh yeah, DEFINITELY. Expectations at the bottom. Bar on the floor. The people we like are perfect and there's nothing you can do to convince us otherwise.

Just now, Condensation said:

One more note: Maximum Aloofness is BAD. When I like a guy, or I think he likes me, and want to confront him, that aloofness is scary! Be kind and understanding, not aloof! I want to spend time with you, and Maximum Aloofness didn't work for Aang, either.

Yes. Maximum aloofness is bad, but also a fact of life... a very sad, disappointing fact of life.