Jasnah

Kaladin

Shallan

Szeth

Malata

Teft, Lopen, other Bridge 4 Squires

Renarin / Lift

The Stump

(I'm not counting Venli because she only swore the First Ideal at the end of OB)

Edited by Honorless

I will understand power as proficiency in surge-binding, not exactly who would "win" a direct battle 

As for Outhbringer, Shallan was the most powerful one. Girl drove off an Unmade, she's a wonderful surgebinder and the fact she bonded while a child only make it even greater. Her Lightweaving is crazy powerful, and the fact she lowkey already have her Plate (though seems that only Radiant has access to it)

Jasnah is a tough call. Her Soulcasting is just as mindblowing as Shallan Lightweaving, and unlike Shallan (who is mostly a unskillful soulcaster) Jasnah is already average elsecalling, she can transport herself into and out Shadesmar. I just don't give her the crown yet as I don't know what words she spoke exactly. Radiants progress is about personal growth, and we don't know how well is Jasnah doing this. From her unreleased chapter in Words of Radiance transporting herself into shadesmar looks like it was her first time, I don't know 

As for RoW, I believe Dalinar have mastered his Bondsmith powers, if it's really the case, then he's the most powerful one. He literally opened a perpendicularity, and:

Spoiler

can access/touch in spiritual realm to some degree

So, if I have to make a shot:

1) Dalinar

2) Shallan

3) Jasnah

Edited by IcaroRibeiro

It really depends on access to stormlight.  Kaladin can fly circles around infantry with a little bit, but Jasnah could just soulcast people at range if she had enough stormlight.  I'm thinking dustbringers are probably going to be the most powerful though, they are supposed to be the 'artillery' of the radiants.  I am really curious to see them and other orders explored more, we still don't have a clue what a bunch of surges do.

With Stormlight in combat:

1: Jasnah.  Our queen (I will never stop calling her that) is freakin' powerful, as seen at Thaylen City, not to mention, she's not afraid to use that power.

2: Kaladin, who could be above Jasnah because Lashings, but based on what we've seen, he's a solid number two in power for me.

3: Szeth without Nightblood as a Skybreaker.

4: Renarin, though I must say 'hit it till it dies because I probably will not' is not the most...healthy...approach.

5: Shallan, who has less battlefield experience, but is still pretty darn powerful.  She and Renarin are fairly interchangeable.

6: Dalinar, based off his experience pre-Radiance.  He knows what he's doing.  I'd put him higher, but he's not actually fighting as much.

7: Lift, solely because metabolizing Stormlight may not be as easy when you're in the middle of a fight.

They're all pretty interchangeable, and I shuffled things around quite a bit (and am still not completely happy with it), but here's my list.  Radiants are really powerful no matter the order, or level of experience.

Not to be that guy, but I want to make a case for Nale. No one else is at the fifth ideal. No one else has two Blades and Plate. No one else has thousands of years worth of experience, not only with their own Surges, but fighting against a ton of crazy stuff. Nale has to be number one, unless we count Szeth + Nightblood, or whatever happened to Dalinar at the end of OB.

7 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Not to be that guy, but I want to make a case for Nale. No one else is at the fifth ideal. No one else has two Blades and Plate. No one else has thousands of years worth of experience, not only with their own Surges, but fighting against a ton of crazy stuff. Nale has to be number one, unless we count Szeth + Nightblood, or whatever happened to Dalinar at the end of OB.

I totally forgot about Nale. Yeah, he's probably at the top in terms of combat strength, won't stop me from telling everyone that Kaladin could beat him though.

Honestly, the discussion has to begin and end with Dalinar.  He was able to bind Odium to an agreement, as well as unite three realms and form a Perpendicularity.  While Nale has sworn the Fifth Ideal, even the Stormfather remarks on Dalinar's power level.

In Terms of Utility during "normal warfare" IE directly on the battlefield.

• Kaladin
  • Teft
  • Dalinar
  • Shallan
  • Jasnah
  • Szeth
  • Malata
  • Renarin
  • Lift

Kaladin and Teft both bring numbers in the form of their squires.  Dalinar brings his tactical skill.  Shallan's illusions and soulcasting both have a great deal of utility in the field.  Jasnah's mobility is somewhat limited(unless transportation works way differently then expected).  She can do a lot of damage but if she makes a mistake she is in huge trouble.  Szeth of course has a vast array of striking power.  Malata is OK for demolition work.  Renarin and Lift are really operating on their healing at this point.

In one on one match ups given enough stormlight.  Szeth wins if he can use Nightblood.  Doing so is worth it in such a close encounter.  If he can't it is a toss up between Kaladin and Jasnah depending on the limits of her elsecalling ability.  Followed by...

• Szeth "experience"
  • Teft "martial training"
  • Dalinar "bloody mindedness"
  • Lift "unkillability"
  • Malata "range of destruction"
  • Shallan "hiding"
  • Renarin "lack of experience"

What is the most dangerous order of radiants in one on one combat?  To answer this I assigned a numerical value to each surge, totaled them, then adjusted for resonances. As we don't know much about the various orders and powers that you get once you swear the fourth ideal, I'm pretending everyone is at the third ideal.  

Surges: 

Gravitation 10 (This is my baseline since its the skill we're most familiar with) - Highly useful for speed, ranged attacks and defense.  

Adhesion 4 - Far less useful than Gravitation, limited defensive applications, potentially useful for immobilizing opponents or their weapons.

Division 10 - Not entirely clear since we've only seen a few applications of it, but likely quite combat oriented.  There have been hints that this surge can attack a wide area.

Illumination 8 - "all war is based on deception..." Sun Tzu

Progression 7 - All radiants see to have something like this, but Renarin seems capable of ignoring being squashed like a bug.  Could he take a shard blade through the face stab you in the stomach and just walk off?

Transformation 5 - Highly versatile but unless your an elsecaller you have to touch the object you want to transform.  

Transportation 2? - Can this only be used to travel (with difficulty) back and forth from shadesmar?  If so it's not very useful, but maybe it has other uses we haven't seen.

Cohesion 5 - So I'm getting that this is the surge which lets you reshape stone.  This has good defensive and offensive uses, but if your enemy can get in close or float above...

Tension 2? - We don't know much about this but the Stormfather seems to think that this surge is not well suited for combat.  If this surge is about changing how flexible things are I agree.  Maybe you could use it to turn long grasses into knives, make an enemies weapon flop, or make yourself an impromptu trampolin. 

Abrasion 4 - Actually wearing skates is less useful in a fight than one might imagine.  Power comes from the ability to plant and twist.  Footwork is about quick little steps.  

Orders

Skybreakers (21 = 20 + 1) - Given an extra point for their martial orientation and focus.

Windrunners (14 =14 + *) - *+5 if we're letting the extra squires fight

Edgedancers (11)

Truthwatchers (11 = 15 - 4) - Lose 4 points because I'm not sure they can use illumination in the same way Lightweavers can.

Lightweavers (13)

Dustbringers (14) 

Elsecallers (10 = 7 + 3) - Given an extra three points because their resonance lets them use ranged soulcasting.

Stonewardens (9 = 7 + 2) - Given an extra two points for a resolute will

Willshapers (7)

Bondsmith (14 =  6 + 8*) - I'm treating the resonance (+8) as the ability to summon infinite stormlight. I'm not evaluating Dalinars personal skill in combat or the bondsmith's other abilities.    

So I think the most powerful radiants are Skybreakers, followed by Windrunners, Dustbringers, Bondsmiths and Lightweavers.  

3 minutes ago, ConfusedCow said:

Adhesion 4 - Far less useful than Gravitation, limited defensive applications, potentially useful for immobilizing opponents or their weapons.

We think it can do more.  We have just not seen it do its vacuum and pressure control.

4 minutes ago, ConfusedCow said:

Transportation 2? - Can this only be used to travel (with difficulty) back and forth from shadesmar?  If so it's not very useful, but maybe it has other uses we haven't seen.

We think it can do Oathgate like travel but we don't know.

Your method of just adding ignores the synergy or its lack between the different surges.

10 minutes ago, ConfusedCow said:

What is the most dangerous order of radiants in one on one combat?  To answer this I assigned a numerical value to each surge, totaled them, then adjusted for resonances. As we don't know much about the various orders and powers that you get once you swear the fourth ideal, I'm pretending everyone is at the third ideal.  

Surges: 

Gravitation 10 (This is my baseline since its the skill we're most familiar with) - Highly useful for speed, ranged attacks and defense.  

Division 10 - Not entirely clear since we've only seen a few applications of it, but likely quite combat oriented.  There have been hints that this surge can attack a wide area.

Illumination 8 - "all war is based on deception..." Sun Tzu

Progression 7 - All radiants see to have something like this, but Renarin seems capable of ignoring being squashed like a bug.  Could he take a shard blade through the face stab you in the stomach and just walk off?

Transformation 5 - Highly versatile but unless your an elsecaller you have to touch the object you want to transform.  

Cohesion 5 - So I'm getting that this is the surge which lets you reshape stone.  This has good defensive and offensive uses, but if your enemy can get in close or float above...

Tension 2? - We don't know much about this but the Stormfather seems to think that this surge is not well suited for combat.  If this surge is about changing how flexible things are I agree.  Maybe you could use it to turn long grasses into knives, make an enemies weapon flop, or make yourself an impromptu trampolin. 

Abrasion 4 - Actually wearing skates is less useful in a fight than one might imagine.  Power comes from the ability to plant and twist.  Footwork is about quick little steps.  

Orders

Skybreakers (21 = 20 + 1) - Given an extra point for their martial orientation and focus.

Windrunners (14 =14 + *) - *+5 if we're letting the extra squires fight

Edgedancers (11)

Truthwatchers (11 = 15 - 4) - Lose 4 points because I'm not sure they can use illumination in the same way Lightweavers can.

Lightweavers (13)

Dustbringers (14) 

Elsecallers (10 = 7 + 3) - Given an extra three points because their resonance lets them use ranged soulcasting.

Stonewardens (9 = 7 + 2) - Given an extra two points for a resolute will

Willshapers (7)

Bondsmith (14 =  6 + 8*) - I'm treating the resonance (+8) as the ability to summon infinite stormlight. I'm not evaluating Dalinars personal skill in combat or the bondsmith's other abilities.    

So I think the most powerful radiants are Skybreakers, followed by Windrunners, Dustbringers, Bondsmiths and Lightweavers.  

Bro,  Radiants can use Transformation at a distance.  Only soulcasters require touch. 

10 minutes ago, ConfusedCow said:

What is the point in summoning stormlight to use a surge that is not even suited for battle? Bondsmiths are arguably the weakest order in combat. They don't even wear a blade, their powers are from a different nature compared to warlike orders 

I stand corrected.

Questioner

Is Jasnah being able to Soulcast at a distance the resonance of her two Surges or is that just a Radiant thing that's not with the fabrials.

Brandon Sanderson

Jasnah's Order is better at that than others. It is not impossible that you could imagine a Lightweaver being able to do it.

7 hours ago, ConfusedCow said:

@IcaroRibeiroI think being able to summon stormlight would be very useful in one on one combat.  Your opponent would tire out but you wouldn't.  

@Watchcry I'm discussing the soulcasting at a distance on Discord.  I may have been mistaken in thinking that was a resonance.  Also I have angered the wobbot.  

It don't answer my question. Summon stormlight for what purpose? Storlight is a incredible fuel, Bondsmiths powers aren't for combat