Girls only! (And a sleepover/tea time RP kind of thing?)

Hmm Vapor I'm not sure you would like it, but Condensation might. It's a fantasy series and the plot and magic system is interesting, but it has FAR too much romance. Also I didn't really like any of the main characters, mostly because they were being stupid romantic teenagers. One character's arc is that she doesn't want to get married because she wants to kiss a lot of different boys, and she can't do that if she's married. I only read like 1.9 of the books.

*appears* Twilight, The Host, The Chemist, all by Stephanie Meyer. They’re pretty good romance, not perfect books and I’m happy to defend (most of) them to the death. 

Sleepover: “h e l p  my crush is a human being, what else do I say” 

4 minutes ago, AonEne said:

*appears* Twilight, The Host, The Chemist, all by Stephanie Meyer. They’re pretty good romance, not perfect books and I’m happy to defend (most of) them to the death. 

Thank you! 

Edit: my library currently only has the chemist, so I guess that's the one I'm getting!

Edited by DramaQueen

16 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Well, if your crush is a human being, then the best thing to do is treat them like a human being.

21 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

Thank you! 

Edit: my library currently only has the chemist, so I guess that's the one I'm getting!

It’s one of the better ones, I hope you enjoy it! 

7 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Well, if your crush is a human being, then the best thing to do is treat them like a human being.

Solid advice! 

5 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"Makeover time!" Connie shouts and pulls out her makeup bag.

KotLC, Cinder, Alex Rider, Schooled, Tale of Two Castles, Hypnotists, ENDER'S GAME, the Emperor's Edge.

It makes me really happy that you're using my nickname for you! :P

I've read Cinder, Schooled sounds familiar, what does KotLC stand for? I've read Ender's Game, and Tale of Two Castles also sounds familiar.

The books I ended up checking out from the library were: The Girl With a Clock for a Heart by Peter Swanson, The Architect's Apprentice by Elif Shafak, The Killing Moon and The Shadowed Sun by N.K. Jemisin, The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer, and Something Deadly This Way Comes by Kim Harrison.

"Keeper of the Lost Cities!!! *insert fangirl shriek here that hurts all of your ears* OH MY GOSH I LOVE IT I own all 8 books so far, they are around as big as Brandon's Stormlight Archive, and they are really good in my opinion!!! No kissing yet."

yes I am using your nickname, next role play I join she will be a Thaylen worldhopper :)

12 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"Keeper of the Lost Cities!!! *insert fangirl shriek here that hurts all of your ears* OH MY GOSH I LOVE IT I own all 8 books so far, they are around as big as Brandon's Stormlight Archive, and they are really good in my opinion!!! No kissing yet."

yes I am using your nickname, next role play I join she will be a Thaylen worldhopper :)

Thank Harmony there's no kissing.  It's a good series though.  I think they're longer that Stormlight at this point.

UNpopular opinion on KOTLC

Spoiler

Sophie needs to stop worrying about Fitz and Keefe and get her act together.  Maybe this is just my opinion.

5 hours ago, AonEne said:

The host is literally amazing it’s my comfort book and I read it when I’m sad so I’ve read it like 20 times and I literally haven’t read it without crying at least once and I didn’t think anyone else actually liked it cause I’ve never heard anyone talk about it other then my cousin and I could go on about it for hours and I- *deep breath* I think I got my point across. 

Edited by Hentient
Ian is my favorite but also Jamie and who could forget Wanda and Jeb and Eustace and now I’m just rambling in the edit box because most people ignore these.

13 hours ago, revelryintheart said:

revelryintheart shudders, hiding behind DramaQueen, screaming "You can't take me!"

DramaQueen pushes revelryintheart out in front of her. "You can start! Even if we have to tie you down, you will end up wearing makeup and a flowy dress with pockets!!"

Just now, DramaQueen said:

They exist! I have quite a few of them! (These are not mine, but still examples of dresses with pockets.)

Screenshot 2020-08-04 at 2.55.53 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-08-04 at 2.57.05 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-08-04 at 2.56.48 PM.png

Whoa. I wasn't aware that they existed.

My sister always complains to me how she doesn't have pockets. I agree that it's pretty sexist, but what am I supposed to do about it? My dream profession is a fantasy author, not a professional tailor!

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Whoa. I wasn't aware that they existed.

My sister always complains to me how she doesn't have pockets. I agree that it's pretty sexist, but what am I supposed to do about it? My dream profession is a fantasy author, not a professional tailor!

Our dresses are starting to have pockets, but our pants still very rarely have front pockets. The ones that do, the pockets are either only an inch or two deep or are missing back pockets. It's a big, fat mess.