Girls only! (And a sleepover/tea time RP kind of thing?)

I found a sad lack of threads for girls. If you identify as a girl at all, you can join us! I don't really care what we talk about here, just keep it within the Shard guidelines.

Edit: Ok, boys and everyone else who doesn't identify as female. You can comment, but be warned: we will keep it extremely girly. You can ask us about girl stuff, though. And participate in anything we may do, but I'm not sure why you'd want to.

@Honorless

@Gears

@Matrim's Dice

@Channelknight Fadran

Edited by DramaQueen

Hey, same! I'm now following this thread, so we can chat here! No Boys Allowed! I vote we talk about . . . um . . . can't think of anything. Girl stuff! 

Oh, here's an idea! What if we talk about silly girl stuff that boys won't want to look at and then in between we talk about all the annoying boys in our lives!

Woo hoo i love makeup! I've only worn a little bit of it, but yes is so beautiful and I especially like this brand and this one really sucks, and this one doesn't have my skin tone, blah blah blah, and I love this shade of lipstick, but this one doesn't match my skin tone.

3 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Hey, same! I'm now following this thread, so we can chat here! No Boys Allowed! I vote we talk about . . . um . . . can't think of anything. Girl stuff! 

Oh, here's an idea! What if we talk about silly girl stuff that boys won't want to look at and then in between we talk about all the annoying boys in our lives!

Woo hoo i love makeup! I've only worn a little bit of it, but yes is so beautiful and I especially like this brand and this one really sucks, and this one doesn't have my skin tone, blah blah blah, and I love this shade of lipstick, but this one doesn't match my skin tone.

I'm glad someone does, I can't understand, stand or figure out how to use the stuff.  It makes me break out.  But skincare wise, witch hazel is sooooo good for your skin, really clearing up my blackheads.

Edited by Spren of Kindness

Ooh, yeah I love witch hazel. I use makeup, but not super often. Since I do theatre, I kind of have to know how to use it, but I can't use liquid eyeliner. It defies me every time. Now I gotta go until probably the day after tomorrow, but I'll talk to you all then!

Ok, so last summer I went to the lake with a two friends (codenames Elsa and Portia), and one of their friends who's a guy (codename Jake), but he's not the focus here.  I had also not met him before this trip.  So we're at the lake, having a generally good time, I'm jumping into the water, mostly being a bit of a nerd, and Elsa says she wants to get a picture of the three of us together.  So we do that.  Then a few days later, Jake is talking to one of his friends and his friend sees the lake picture, and thinks that I look cute in it.

Yeah.  You read that right.  A guy thought I was cute from a storming picture.  I lived the trope from all those old novels where the guy falls in love with a painting.  Significantly toned down, but still.

It gets better.  A few weeks later, I walk down to the library (this is before corona, so no masks, which is why the next part happened), and Jake's friend is apparently going the other direction, sees me, and texts Jake that he 'saw the cute girl from the lake picture'.  We then never crossed paths again, and he's completely forgotten about it.

So anyway, I didn't hear about all of this until this summer, when I got my mind blown at a slumber party when Portia told me about it.

There's my weird story.

Ummmm I don’t wear it personally. I’ve got nothing against it, I just don’t want to bother with it. Along with some other reasons but that’s pretty much it. 

My moms always trying to get me to wear it though (Seriously. What’s she trying to tell me??). Anyway she always buys me mascara and palets and stuff and I usually end up using them for tracing shapes or crafts or something.