Hello there

Hello!

I'm a long time Branderson fan who has dipped in and out of the online community as a lurker. Decided to finally sign up as a full-on Sharder.

In my dreams, I'm a cunning Zinc Compounder Twinborn. In reality, I'm a socially awkward, fantasy-loving book nerd with a particular fondness for overly complex worldbuilding

You can probably guess what first drew me to the Sanderson Sagas when I was younger 

8 minutes ago, Zinc-Tongued Raven said:

In reality, I'm a socially awkward, fantasy-loving book nerd with a particular fondness for overly complex worldbuilding

This describes like 90% of us!

Welcome to the shard! What is your favourite book?

Edited by The_Truthwatcher

25 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Welcome to the Shard, I love your name! Who's your favorite character? 

Oh that's always a tough one! Despite my name and my fondness for Scadrial, I have to say my favourite character is probably Shai. I hope we eventually get to see more of her in future books, even as a background cosmere character

23 minutes ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

Welcome to the shard! What is your favourite book?

Similar to above, though I love Scadrial, The Emperor's Soul really gripped me. The novella is well structured and flows very smoothly, especially in comparison to many other cosmere works. There is nothing unnecessary in the plot, and complex cosmere ideas are explained and demonstrated with suprising clarity. It really impressed me, and was definitely one of the books where I noticed BS's marked improvement in pacing

5 hours ago, Mist said:

Welcome! What's your favorite magic system? 

I have to go with the Metallic Arts on this one. All those power combinations are just too fun to imagine, and there seems to be a lot about Hemalurgy that hasn't been explored yet. That being said, the Radiants and their spren bonding is definitely a close second