Singer Teleport Mechanics

DarthHoid

I'm personally stumped by this new form of transportation and many of you all sound like storming Cosmere PHDs.

I do have some questions.

From what I'm gathering, the Singer reduces himself to pure Investiture in the form of a red-violet light?

Could this in anyway be related to how Human souls are represented back in Shadesmar, as little lights?

How are the Singers or Fused represented there?

How can they recreate the body without taking a piece with them to start from?

3 minutes ago, DarthHoid said:

From what I'm gathering, the Singer reduces himself to pure Investiture in the form of a red-violet light?

So most of us think this is a form of the transportation surge. 

You can find more about it here where we argued extensively.

Could this in anyway be related to how Human souls are represented back in Shadesmar, as little lights?

Maybe?

How are the Singers or Fused represented there?

I think the same.  They have minds but good question.  The fused might look like fabrials.

How can they recreate the body without taking a piece with them to start from?

I think it is that their soul is moving and then basically healing so that the physical lines up with the spiritual but that is just me.  The soul can move because when in the spiritual realm all places are one and the same.

I definitely agree that it looks very much like Transportation, and it seems to me that the difference between the KR and Fused version of the Surge is that between general relativity (miniature perpendicularity, essentially a wormhole) and quantum mechanics (quantum teleportation, transmitting the exact state of teleported object instead of actual matter)

18 hours ago, KandraAllomancer said:

I definitely agree that it looks very much like Transportation, and it seems to me that the difference between the KR and Fused version of the Surge is that between general relativity (miniature perpendicularity, essentially a wormhole) and quantum mechanics (quantum teleportation, transmitting the exact state of teleported object instead of actual matter)

I'm assuming that this is the difference between Elsecaller and Willshaper transportation. This fused would be paired with Willshapers.

2 minutes ago, Elsecaller_17.5 said:

I'm assuming that this is the difference between Elsecaller and Willshaper transportation. This fused would be paired with Willshapers.

Its unclear whether or not there is a difference between what two distinct orders can do with the same surge. And if there is is a difference to what extent is the difference.

Every unique surgebinding technique in the radiant orders seems to be a combination of their two surges or specifically related to Bondsmiths are Special. For all we know Windrunners can also use spiritual adhesion.

3 hours ago, LordTheodore said:

Its unclear whether or not there is a difference between what two distinct orders can do with the same surge. And if there is is a difference to what extent is the difference.

It is very clear. 

Questioner

We know, especially in Oathbringer, that Surges can work differently for different Orders, but we've also seen the Skybreakers and [Windrunners] with flight, and the Truthwatchers and [Edgedancers], they both can do Regrowth, so is there some way that those actually work differently?

Brandon Sanderson

Each of them works a little differently for each Order. There are slight variations, but they are each drawing upon the same source concept.

Oathbringer Houston signing (Nov. 18, 2017)

I say Willshaper because we've seen Elsecaller transportation and it clearly isn't that.

54 minutes ago, Elsecaller_17.5 said:

It is very clear. 

I say Willshaper because we've seen Elsecaller transportation and it clearly isn't that.

We have seen one form of Elsecaller transportation that doesn't mean it is the only form of Elsecaller transformation. In addition Voidbinding is definitively different to Surgebinding. We know specifically that the Surge of Gravitation works significantly different for both.

6 hours ago, LordTheodore said:

We have seen one form of Elsecaller transportation that doesn't mean it is the only form of Elsecaller transformation. In addition Voidbinding is definitively different to Surgebinding. We know specifically that the Surge of Gravitation works significantly different for both.

I don't have any way to prove that it's a Willshaper equivalent, but I've laid out a decent argument. If your not convinced lets just agree to disagree. 

On 7/30/2020 at 8:09 PM, branonm said:

I think the fact that the Fused looks RED-violet is significant. Violet is voidlight. The red might be mixed or 'corrupted' investiture. 

I assumed that was to help us make the connection between this Fused and Willshapers.  Willshapers have amethyst gems and also can use the transportation surge.