Thoughts on the next bondsmith

This is my first post, so please go easy on me as this is a bit of a disjointed theory. 

Speaking with a friend while reading through Oathbringer, we were talking about what might be the other 2 Bondsmith Spren. I think everyone assumes the Nighwatcher is the 2nd. The "one that slumbers", I don't think is a crazy stretch to assume is possibly a spren somewhat entangled with Uruthiru. 

If honor and cultivation are responsible for half of the surges on the Surgebinding chart, how is the 3rd Bondsmith spren connected to the magic system? My thought is that the 3rd spren, Uruthiru's spren, is connected to the ancient fabrials. In a similar way that Shardblades and Shardplate are bastardizations of what was originally wielded by Surgebinders, I believe modern fabrials apply a misunderstanding of the original fabrials. 

Where Shardblades are dead spren, the fabrials trap or enslave spren to perform a function. 

Bringing this all together, I believe Navani starts to make some discoveries when it comes to fabrials, and eventually bonds with the spren of Uruthiru. She will come to be horrified about how modern fabrials have enslaved spren. 

I'm not a big fan of the possibility of all the Kholins becoming surgebinders, but this just seems to straight forward. 

Ooh, starting with a question. Nice!

I actually really like this theory; it makes a lot of sense, because Urithiru is kind of a union between all the kingdoms, and the fabrial idea also has credit. Navani being a second bondsmith makes sense (bonds, marriage... THEMAGE), but it's unclear who the third bondsmith would've been. Elhokar, perhaps, before he decided to get Moash'd?

24 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Navani being a second bondsmith makes sense

I agree. But, if other radiants got married to other NON-radiants, would that make the non-radiant become a radiant of the same order as their spouse? Example: Adolin becomes a Lightweaver after marrying Shallan

4 minutes ago, Kalb said:

I agree. But, if other radiants got married to other NON-radiants, would that make the non-radiant become a radiant of the same order as their spouse? Example: Adolin becomes a Lightweaver after marrying Shallan

I dont think Navani will become a Bondsmith because of her marriage to Dalinar. I think she will become the Fabrial Bondsmith due to her fascination with them. My comment about all Kholin's becoming radiant is more of a comment on that if everyone around Dalinar becomes radiant, it will only make the world in book feel smaller instead of pulling in more Radiants from other nations. 

4 minutes ago, Kalb said:

I doubt it. Navani might be a Bondsmith, but not only because she married Dalinar. It would still depend on your personality.

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

I doubt it. Navani might be a Bondsmith, but not only because she married Dalinar. It would still depend on your personality.

But, I know some people who have rubbed off their personality on other people. Could this affect the order that one has been chosen for? Like, say Adolin was going to be a, um, Willshaper. But then he married Shallan, who rubbed off the personality and then Adolin became a lightweaver or something else that has similar surges and similar personality traits to that of Lightweavers

Just now, Windshaper#51125 said:

But, I know some people who have rubbed off their personality on other people. Could this affect the order that one has been chosen for? Like, say Adolin was going to be a, um, Willshaper. But then he married Shallan, who rubbed off the personality and then Adolin became a lightweaver or something else that has similar surges and similar personality traits to that of Lightweavers

It could happen, but, to take Adolin's case as an example, Adolin has very few Lightweaver traits, and though being married to Shallan might make him more sympathetic to them, it woulsn't completely change his personality.

10 minutes ago, OneArmedCanadian said:

I dont think Navani will become a Bondsmith because of her marriage to Dalinar. I think she will become the Fabrial Bondsmith due to her fascination with them. My comment about all Kholin's becoming radiant is more of a comment on that if everyone around Dalinar becomes radiant, it will only make the world in book feel smaller instead of pulling in more Radiants from other nations. 

I only think it's a possibility because of the order itself: Bondsmith. Marriage is a formation of bonds.

So, the Stormfather is Honor’s Bondsmith Spren, I think is is certain that the 2nd Bondsmith Spren is the Nightwatcher.

If we assume that, then the Sibling has to be Odiums Spren. This suggests to me that someone connected to Odium will be the one to wake the Sibling and become the 3rd Bondsmith.

Navani doesn’t really make much sense as the Nightwatchers Bondsmith if that is the case. Rock seems much more likely to me.

4 minutes ago, IllNsickly said:

So, the Stormfather is Honor’s Bondsmith Spren, I think is is certain that the 2nd Bondsmith Spren is the Nightwatcher.

If we assume that, then the Sibling has to be Odiums Spren. This suggests to me that someone connected to Odium will be the one to wake the Sibling and become the 3rd Bondsmith.

Navani doesn’t really make much sense as the Nightwatchers Bondsmith if that is the case. Rock seems much more likely to me.

I wouldn't say it HAS to be Odium's spren. It's just as likely that it's a spren equally of both Shards.