Next Chaper Predictions.

Karger

1 hour ago, Ailvara said:

Two last times when I tried to predict whose chapter we're going to get, we had Venli where I expected Shallan and Kaladin where I expected Venli. Now I think we'll get either Venli or Shallan, so it'll probably be Kaladin.

This seems to be unproductive. How about we guess the next three chapter in terms of content, independent of the order of that content and check back on the hit rate?

5 POVs: Kal, Shal, Nav, Ven, Lir.

Well, what we had before.

Kaladin chapter. Then Venli chapter with unofficial new book start and cliffhanger. Then Kaladin (with Shallan non-PoV).

Next chapter must be Venli or Lirin or Navani or Shallan.

Venli? Probably too early since it seems that Brandon want to savor on this sweet cliffhanger.

Shallan? It seems like she may have not that much to do untill Shadesmar trip and Ghostblood deal. 

Lirin? He may provide some insight on what will Kaladin do.

Navani? I doubt she may get the whole chapter devoted to her deal with fabrials and pen pal.

Conclusion: next chapter will have Shallan PoV or Lirin/Navani PoVs combination.

Hm, next three chapters?

One Venli, to reveal the cliffhanger with Leshwi and further introduce her storyline. One Navani, either to deal with the fabrials, and/or to show us Dalinar and his thoughts and decisions regarding the war. The third one I'm less sure about, but I'll guess Shallan, to have some sort of contact with the Ghostbloods.

At least one must be Veli to check back in on Leshwi's mysterious things have changed announcement. I want another Lirin chapter perhaps finding out that Kal has been pulled from the front lines. How might he comfort his son who is clearly in pain. Shallan or Veil confronting the Ghostbloods about Ialai's death could be interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2020 at 10:55 PM, Black_Shoshan said:

Hm, next three chapters?

One Venli, to reveal the cliffhanger with Leshwi and further introduce her storyline. One Navani, either to deal with the fabrials, and/or to show us Dalinar and his thoughts and decisions regarding the war. The third one I'm less sure about, but I'll guess Shallan, to have some sort of contact with the Ghostbloods.

So I got two out of three here.

We have 4 chapters left for part 1. We still need to see the decision to send people to Lasting Integrity, so I expect a strategizing meeting of Dalinar and the Radiants. That can be from either Navani, Kaladin or Shallan point of views, but I think either Navani or Shallan makes sense, since we've gotten Kaladin recently. I think we also need another Venli chapter to set up the infiltration plan. 

My predictions for the next four chapters: a Navani chapter, a Venli chapter, a Shallan chapter, and I'm hoping we get a chapter from Lirin's pov, to show the journey on the Fourth Bridge and give more info on the Mink.

4 hours ago, Black_Shoshan said:

So I got two out of three here.

We have 4 chapters left for part 1. We still need to see the decision to send people to Lasting Integrity, so I expect a strategizing meeting of Dalinar and the Radiants. That can be from either Navani, Kaladin or Shallan point of views, but I think either Navani or Shallan makes sense, since we've gotten Kaladin recently. I think we also need another Venli chapter to set up the infiltration plan. 

My predictions for the next four chapters: a Navani chapter, a Venli chapter, a Shallan chapter, and I'm hoping we get a chapter from Lirin's pov, to show the journey on the Fourth Bridge and give more info on the Mink.

There has to be another Kal chapter for sure, he didnt make his decision in chapter16 and we know he is going to be a surgeon for a while(Syl's interlude)

We are running out of chapters sharders before the book is here. For tomorrow I think that we may as was noted above see the Lasting Integrity trip proposed and discussed. Perhaps Shallan will let slip to Adolin that there is more to it than the diplomatic aspect. That may cause him to suggest that he be allowed to go with her.

On 20/10/2020 at 5:10 PM, SanderFan69 said:

I might be wrong, but I dont think flashback chapters are supposed to start until part 3 of RoW.

Ok, I didn't know that. With that in mind we will probably have a Shallan chapter now to solve the scene and after that either a Kaladin or a Venli chapter and then the one we didn't have. I would normally say that we'll have the Venli chapter first, but I have the feeling that is going to end in a cliffhanger and that would fit better as the last chapter of part one. 

In a side note I'm rereading WoK and I have noticed that chapters were way longer there than what we have now. 

• 2 weeks later...