Next Chaper Predictions.

Karger

4 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

A confrontation between Shallan and Mraize?

I don't think we'll see that quite yet. We just had a tense scene, so we will probably either get a relativley quiet scene next that's unrelated to the happenstance (a Venli scene here could maybe work), or that we will get a scene with the Fourth Bridge taking off and then the chapter after that will be Venli.

Agreed, my bet is a "heading back to Urithiru" for both teams chapter. Then a Venli chapter after.

And then just to have fun predicting: 

Kaladin and Laral will see / talk to each other when he tells the news of Roshone

Some Kaladin guilt when faced with Navani and how he didn't kill or apprehend Moash

Kaladin turns his brain off by going to help the villagers get settled.

Shallan is super hard to predict, lots of mysteries on her end. But I'll guess mostly Shallan fronting, and maybe a thought about talking to Szeth who is currently in jail when they get back to Urithiru.

7 minutes ago, Kuram said:

It seems a bit early to go back to urithiru, we're less than halfway through part 1.  The general wanted Dalinar to go pick up people in Herdaz, I think they might be headed that direction iirc.

But will that be shown? Fourth Bridge acting as a taxi is not all that interesting, frankly. They may be trying to hunt down Moash now.

But frankly, this felt like the end of something with a clean break coming up, Jasnah or Venli maybe.

If to assume that Syl Interlude will happen after Part 1, there will be something that will damage Kaladin heavily. And i doubt Moash words would be the single reason for Kaladin to be in a condition for Dalinar to move him to surgeon work.

I actually think something will happen with B4 at Herdaz. Then fade to black and skip to Urithiru.

7 hours ago, Kuram said:

It seems a bit early to go back to urithiru, we're less than halfway through part 1.  The general wanted Dalinar to go pick up people in Herdaz, I think they might be headed that direction iirc.

Oh man I totally forgot about that. So much happening week to week! I guess I'll revise and guess a "both move to the next place" chapter. 

27 minutes ago, Master Silver said:

Not a prediction but it would be super funny... Kaladin makes it out of the burning cellar, and THE Lopin, say hey Gancho catch, and throws him an honor blade. Kaladin sputters, and says whaaaa, Lopin...wait... what... Lopin says, yeah Moash dropped it after I stabbed in the face half a dozen times....

It depends on whether Roshone has a back door. Following any user of Gravitation under these circumstances is a bad idea.

• The weather is questionable
  • He may lead them into an ambush
  • He could have another of those cancellation fabrials and they have no idea what it would do to a Honorblade
  • Fourth Bridge must be protected

It looks to me like Renarin will recover Kaladin as his first priority. I can't help myself, the action looks finished. Everybody has a good reason to retreat. Maybe we are seeing a flashback to Shallan when something unexpected happens. But to me look it looks like time for something new.

4 minutes ago, Karger said:

True I suppose.  Any guesses for next week?

I hate to say this, because it sounds so conventional. Yet Navani is not to type to keep such a thing secret. And Shallan and Adolin need their posteriors chewed and need to report the possibilities of a traitor. Hence, a status meeting. Well, they'll call it a council of war.

I am hoping for a Jasnah POV.

2 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

I hate to say this, because it sounds so conventional. Yet Navani is not to type to keep such a thing secret. And Shallan and Adolin need their posteriors chewed and need to report the possibilities of a traitor. Hence, a status meeting. Well, they'll call it a council of war.

I am hoping for a Jasnah POV.

Hm.  That does track.  All of our main PoVs are back at base by my tally.  Navani and Dalinar of course along with Shallan and Adolin.  Kaladin is in with the rest of his bridge and a bunch of new information has come to light.  I think we might switch over to Venli first so that our characters can "get settled" but other then that it makes sense.

14 minutes ago, Karger said:

Hm.  That does track.  All of our main PoVs are back at base by my tally.  Navani and Dalinar of course along with Shallan and Adolin.  Kaladin is in with the rest of his bridge and a bunch of new information has come to light.  I think we might switch over to Venli first so that our characters can "get settled" but other then that it makes sense.

I don't think Venli will be in part 1 at all. IIRC, Brandon said part one is the "end" of what happened in the in-between time. I bet the first chapter of Part 2 is Venli. It doesn't really make sense to bring her in now with the arc that is happening. 

Who hard shard worlds on the board *Gets up to check theory board.*  Seriously, it might be nice to get either Venli or Jasnah in to break things up. Even Mraize is welcome. Maybe Ash is Shallan's new bestie and she confides in her.

Edited by Nathrangking

6 minutes ago, paperstones said:

I don't think Venli will be in part 1 at all. IIRC, Brandon said part one is the "end" of what happened in the in-between time. I bet the first chapter of Part 2 is Venli. It doesn't really make sense to bring her in now with the arc that is happening. 

Hm.  Perhaps.  I do think we will need another character in between though.

8 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I'm only half joking about this. Maybe Ash is Shallan's new bestie and she confides in her. Show her the notebook Shallan watch her reaction as she has to try to explain the names.

This makes me wonder how Cosmere aware the Ashynites were and not just the Heralds. They had to have some knowledge if they were able to move planets. If that is the case, how much of the Cosmere has subtly influenced the cultures here that we haven't put our finger on yet? The original inhabitants had to know. 

11 minutes ago, paperstones said:

This makes me wonder how Cosmere aware the Ashynites were and not just the Heralds. They had to have some knowledge if they were able to move planets. If that is the case, how much of the Cosmere has subtly influenced the cultures here that we haven't put our finger on yet? The original inhabitants had to know. 

You raise a question. Did Scadrial exist when they fled Ashyn?

Just now, Oltux72 said:

You raise a question. Did Scadrial exist when they fled Ashyn?

I would assume so. I can only imagine that when all the bearers of the Shards took off after the Shattering they probably went to their worlds. I know they have moved around but I don't think, and I could be wrong, Leras and Ati moved around before creating Scadrial. There intents would've taken over too much by then and they may not have been able to work together.