Next Chaper Predictions.

Karger

We were pretty close! I thought we'd see at least one from Bridge 4, and it was much better to get a glimpse of nearly all the named ones. The Kalalyn closure was great too.

16 hours ago, Karger said:

So in the next two chapters the consensus reads as far as I can tell that Shallan will wake up and either get made or be assigned some minor role in the SoH network.  Also back at Harthstone some fighting will happen but stuff won't start to get really bad until latter.  Anyone with a different OP feel free to comment.

I had thought Shallan would wake up in a dark room. Having them be in the chasms was much more interesting, that's a smart author for you! 

I'm seriously starting to wonder what Renarin is up to.

Now for Chapter 6 predictions...

S/V/R:

We'll see Adolin on screen. Shallan will get a message to him subtly and run off with at least one of the SoH. I so badly want her to end the SoH, that'll be a great emotional payoff for me.

Kaladin:

Likely leaves Leshwi to chase the new Fused. 

Kaladin keeps dropping so many other wild bits of information, I can't imagine what else he'll tell us. I'd like to know Kaladin's musings on why no one else has sworn the fourth ideal.

1 minute ago, Requiem17 said:

We'll see Adolin on screen. Shallan will get a message to him subtly and run off with at least one of the SoH. I so badly want her to end the SoH, that'll be a great emotional payoff for me.

Agreed.

1 minute ago, Requiem17 said:

Kaladin keeps dropping so many other wild bits of information, I can't imagine what else he'll tell us. I'd like to know Kaladin's musings on why no one else has sworn the fourth ideal.

Knowing Kaladin he will be wondering why he has failed to swear oath four.

I think Kaladin already know deep down in his mind what bothers him and what are the words. Brandon implied it here and there, but decided not to go deep into Kaladin's thoughts keeping revelation for more appropriate moment when Kaladin himself will decided to accept these issues he had.

A part of him wondered if this was why he was so tired lately. Even little skirmishes were a slog, never giving him a break.

A deeper part of him knew that wasn’t the reason at all.

Their relationship hadn’t been right. He knew that as well as she did, and the pain he felt wasn’t for the end of that. Not specifically.

Edited by Harbour

So upcoming.  I see Shallan trying to maintain her cover.  I am hopping we get a lensmen situation where she has to work her way up the structure without arousing suspicion so she can ID the boss.  Kaladin is going to continue to fight.  Lirin is going to continue to be disproving.  Dalinar is going to command and hopefully we will get to see Navani's fabrails.

Edited by Karger

8 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

I want to know what in chapter 7 Brandon skipped to tease us.

I think the very nature of Shallan's plot line is enough for Brandon to skip it.

Like, for the people who didnt read Prologue/1 chapter it would be feel liek a giant "????" mark if Brandon jumped from Kaladin packed sequence into Shallan in Sadeas warcamp(!) with Ialai(!) and Adolin(!) as a spy(!) talking about a spy in Dalinar's close ring(!).

This would have interrupt the flow of action packed Kaladin sequence.

Edited by Harbour

On 8/5/2020 at 2:39 AM, Harbour said:

I think the very nature of Shallan's plot line is enough for Brandon to skip it.

Like, for the people who didnt read Prologue/1 chapter it would be feel liek a giant "????" mark if Brandon jumped from Kaladin packed sequence into Shallan in Sadeas warcamp(!) with Ialai(!) and Adolin(!) as a spy(!) talking about a spy in Dalinar's close ring(!).

This would have interrupt the flow of action packed Kaladin sequence.

I'll concede that point. However, I still want to know what it is and the anticipation is killing me. Also he could have spoken generically and said that Shallan was on an undercover and that would have been enough to satisfy at time. Yet he chose anyway to mention Shallan doing stuff and gave us the background of the Kaladin scene it's a bit frustrating.

The time is nearly upon us!!!

Edited by Nathrangking

So now we know almost everything through chapter eight.  The question becomes what is Kaladin going to be doing?  Except Moash's surrender?  Murder him?  Is Moash for real?  Also we still are not sure what Shallan is going to do.  I hope she manifests plate and drags Ialai out of the tower kicking and screaming.

5 hours ago, Karger said:

Also we still are not sure what Shallan is going to do.  I hope she manifests plate and drags Ialai out of the tower kicking and screaming.

That would be priceless. Behold my truth I despise you!! Ok not earth shattering, but it should count for something.

2 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

That would be priceless. Behold my truth I despise you!! Ok not earth shattering, but it should count for something.

I was thinking more along the ideas of "I have a right to be safe!" but yeah it would be awesome.

I love the idea of manifesting plate right here! 

I'm torn between, how can Veil kill Ialai without finding out who the spy is first, and Ialai is too smart to let that skip, so 1. Ialai has to live and get captured.

Or 2. Veil totally does kill Ialai, the spy remains a mystery, and this all happens right before the Moash surrendering scene.

I can't decide whether Brandon would go with a parallel plotline there - both assassinations happen - or something opposite. 

On 11/08/2020 at 7:07 PM, Karger said:

So now we know almost everything through chapter eight.  The question becomes what is Kaladin going to be doing?  Except Moash's surrender?  Murder him?  Is Moash for real?

Based on him breathing in Stormlight and using Gravitation, the conclusion that he is real is extremely hard to avoid.

On 11/08/2020 at 7:07 PM, Karger said:

Also we still are not sure what Shallan is going to do.  I hope she manifests plate and drags Ialai out of the tower kicking and screaming.

Well, do Dalinar and by implication Radiant really want to make accepting that the Knights Radiant may arrest a High Prince(ss) a precondition for being a good member of the coalition? Uniting them would look different.

6 hours ago, Requiem17 said:

I'm torn between, how can Veil kill Ialai without finding out who the spy is first, and Ialai is too smart to let that skip, so 1. Ialai has to live and get captured.

Do they care? If the spy stops reporting, the hole is plugged.

I am hoping we get to see how far Adolin has progressed with his bond with Maya. If Shallon does something stupid, it may push him to say an oath that allows him to heal her. For instance, Radiant has the mindset of a warrior, but compared to Kaladin and Adolin how much fighting has Radiant actially done. I think Shallan has the most kills out of her three personalities and maybe the most combat or my life is in danger experience too. 

Does anyone know if the Moash surrender was the end of chapter 8? Is Seth in prison at this point? If not, how crazy would it be if. Moash surrenders, and Seth burns out his eyes (according to the will of Dalinar Kohlin) even though Jasnah might want him to stand trial (for some reason). What does this have to do with Kaladin? Kaladin does not protect Moash and swears the fourth ideal, while watching his former friend be put to the sword. September 1st will be a good day lol

3 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

Based on him breathing in Stormlight and using Gravitation, the conclusion that he is real is extremely hard to avoid.

I meant does he actually intend to suspender even temporarily or is he just messing with Kaladin.

Well, do Dalinar and by implication Radiant really want to make accepting that the Knights Radiant may arrest a High Prince(ss) a precondition for being a good member of the coalition? Uniting them would look different.

Shallan can act under Jasnah's authority.  Jasnah is a sovereign ruler.  How she chooses to police her own people is her own business.

Do they care? If the spy stops reporting, the hole is plugged.

No it does not.  Spies have a large number of motives but unless you ID them if you kill their employer they can easily be co-opted by someone else.  That would not plug the hole just redirect the information.

4 hours ago, Karger said:

I meant does he actually intend to suspender even temporarily or is he just messing with Kaladin.

That would be quite expensive an operation just to mess with Kaladin. And if he really wanted to do that, why take Roshone, not Laral?

Shallan can act under Jasnah's authority.  Jasnah is a sovereign ruler.  How she chooses to police her own people is her own business.

And that opens the other can of worms. Remember when Sigzil asked about the status of Bridge Four? "Can Dalinar call us up against one of his vassals?" This has the same issue. Can you deny the other monarchs the use of their Radiants as auxillary police forces, once you grant that right to Jasnah? If not, how do you propose the keep the Knights Radiant united? General Khal said it: You would face regional headquarters of the Knights Radiant being set up everywhere.
At the risk of repeating myself, the only politically acceptable way out of this is a slaughter. Some question must not be answered and hence not asked.

And doing this based on Shallan being Jasnah's ward is also not an option. It would set the precedent of the ranking Lightweaver being subordinate to the Elsecallers. Jasnah really did not trust Shallan when using the notes to reinforce her dominance.

No it does not.  Spies have a large number of motives but unless you ID them if you kill their employer they can easily be co-opted by someone else.  That would not plug the hole just redirect the information.

That other party would have to identify the spy though.

26 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

That would be quite expensive an operation just to mess with Kaladin. And if he really wanted to do that, why take Roshone, not Laral?

We don't know if he is just going to drop the act and just slash at him.

26 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

And that opens the other can of worms. Remember when Sigzil asked about the status of Bridge Four? "Can Dalinar call us up against one of his vassals?" This has the same issue. Can you deny the other monarchs the use of their Radiants as auxillary police forces, once you grant that right to Jasnah?

Shallan thankfully is married to Adolin which makes her a citizen of Alethkar and a member of the Alethi court.  Jasnah is her monarch.  The only other agents present are her man at arms, her husband, and soldiers loyal to the crown.

29 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

That other party would have to identify the spy though.

The spy would probably sell out(through spanreed if necessary).  They tend to do that.  If their motivation is political they will probably contact the successor or at least some other group that works in opposition.

It struck me that these beginning chapters of RoW are very similar to those at the beginning of OB.  

Kaladin has traveled to Hearthstone and is dealing with people and problems there.....

Shallan/Veil are investigating Urithiru murders/plots that tie with the Ghostblood demands... 

A member of Sadeas is killed/found dead....

Not really sure how'd it take the story forward next if it was a trend....Kaladin could get captured by the Fused and become more understanding with them as they traveled?  Shallan confronts another Unmade?  Someone presumed dead reappears suddenly (no ideas on this on).  Dalinar/Navani/Jasnah explore his visions more..

Any thoughts on if we are going to get more Kaladin (in chapter 8) then what Brandon read? I really, really hope so. I'd hate to have to wait an additional week to watch him and Moash interact. I know we had mentioned perhaps the Heavenly Ones maybe defecting at some point, not from fighting for the Singers, but fighting for Odium. To my mind Moash could very easily fit in that camp. I know everyone hates him (to include me). But from his perspective, he could be acting with Honor. Surely Roshon deserved death. Elohkar was on the battle field and was a high value target. Jezrian has probably killed tens of thousands of Singers, and certainly no one that wants to live would wait till Jezrian can fight back. These last two deaths (assumign Moash killed them) would be the first non-warriors that he has killed, and they were prisoners of war/ hostages so that makes it worse. But if Moash were a Skybreaker, everyone would say, well of course he killed Elohkar and Roshon

On 8/21/2020 at 11:36 AM, Nathrangking said:

The exotic vintage must be revealed!!

It was.  It was made from theses weird berries called grapes?

Next chapter predictions(9).

We finally get to see Navani's weapons in action.

We might get our first Venli PoV(I think some kind of establishing shot).

1 hour ago, Karger said:

It was.  It was made from theses weird berries called grapes?

Next chapter predictions(9).

We finally get to see Navani's weapons in action.

We might get our first Venli PoV(I think some kind of establishing shot).

What are these grapes of which you speak? I demand Horneater white!!

Hopefully some Venli next week. 

Some more insight into what the Heralds told them perhaps.

A dressing down of Kal for letting Moash escape.

The contents of the secret notebook revealed.

A confrontation between Shallan and Mraize?

Edited by Nathrangking