Next Chaper Predictions.

Karger

10 minutes ago, Requiem17 said:

1. I think we'll go back to Kaladin POV and the evacuation orders. We'll see Roshone being selfless and running for the captured townfolk :( Hopefully get some updates on whichever Windrunners / squires flew in. Hopefully an update on at least one Bridge Four person. The Mink will offer up some tactics and we'll get some good old fashioned fighting by Kaladin.

Nah, i'd said that roshone will have changed for the best (he won't be a good guy, but will try to be decent) : that way, when he eventually dies, it will have more impact (just like Elhokar, or almost every jerk with a sad death in stories).

7 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

In that case I think the airship will actually land in the village. There is no point in having a lashable target aloft if your mobility is compromised. And the Radiants are better in urban combat than the Fused. Their spren work to their advantage.

I don't think the airship is gone by chapter 7 nor do I think it can be hidden.  The airship is already landed and I don't think the fused can lash it easily they are not that strong.  Also urban combat is not good for the radiants as the fused don't care about civilian casualties.

1 hour ago, Q10fanatic said:

Shallan prediction: She wakes up in a SoH lair and we find out she is being taken to Restares for interrogation.

Hope so.  He is totally a middle aged ardent who wants the Vorin church back in power.

Another thing - it doesn't seem possible that they'd be able to escape at their slow speed, now that the Fused are aware of them, so I fully expect that they will have to disengage the lateral movement lattice and fly before the stormwall, with all the Windrunners continually lashing the ship while having their stormlight constantly removed replenished, while the Edgedancers reduce friction to make the task easier ditto. This will allow them to escape at the speed that the Fused can't match and to unexpectedly arrive in the capital of Jah Keved to use the Oathgate there before Taravangian can betray them. This would happen as the climax of part 1 or even mid-way through, IMHO.

Edited by Isilel

14 minutes ago, Isilel said:

Another thing - it doesn't seem possible that they'd be able to escape at their slow speed, now that the Fused are aware of them, so I fully expect that they will have to disengage the lateral movement lattice and fly before the stormwall, with all the Windrunners continually lashing the ship while having their stormlight constantly removed, while the Edgedancers reduce friction to make the task easier ditto. This will allow them to escape at the speed that the Fused can't match and to unexpectedly arrive in the capital of Jah Keved to use the Oathgate there before Taravangian can betray them. This would happen as the climax of part 1 or even mid-way through, IMHO.

Flying before a storm wall would be great if one is forthcoming. BUT when and how do they pick up the herdazians?

10 minutes ago, rjl said:

Flying before a storm wall would be great if one is forthcoming. BUT when and how do they pick up the herdazians?

They'll have to pick up the herdazians first, but there is no way that they'd be able to make it back to the Shattered Plains across the whole of conquered Alethkar, now that they have been made, IMHO. Nor will they be able to escape the Fused pursuit at the chull pace. And the image of them flying before the stormwall, with the Windrunners, Edgedancers and artifabrians all making it happens would be a true moment of awesome. Oh, and the Lightweaver(s), which I am sure they have on board too, calming and distracting the civilians in the holds with Illumination theatre performances similar to Shallan's back in OB.

Edited by Isilel

1 minute ago, Isilel said:

They'll have to pick up the herdazians first, but there is no way that they'd be able to make it back to the Shattered Plains across the whole of conquered Alethkar, now that they have been made, IMHO. Nor will they be able to escape the Fused pursuit at the chull pace. And the image of them flying before the stormwall, with the Windrunners, Edgedancers and artifabrians all making it happens would be a true moment of awesome.

My concern is that the trip to the Herdazians will be lengthy, maybe multiple days. So how are they going to do that whilst being pursued?

2 minutes ago, rjl said:

My concern is that the trip to the Herdazians will be lengthy, maybe multiple days. So how are they going to do that whilst being pursued?

I assume that they'll be able to defeat the Fused currently on their tail, but their slow speed and multiple stops to pick up people will allow the much more numerous enemy reinforcements to catch up, so that their only chance of escape will lie in the dramatic action that I outlined above.

Just now, Isilel said:

I assume that they'll be able to defeat the Fused currently on their tail, but their slow speed and multiple stops to pick up people will allow the much more numerous enemy reinforcements to catch up, so that their only chance of escape will lie in the dramatic action that I outlined above.

This sounds great and would be a nice way for it to go - I fear it could be too neat/too easy and Brandon rarely does neat/easy. ;)

3 minutes ago, rjl said:

This sounds great and would be a nice way for it to go - I fear it could be too neat/too easy and Brandon rarely does neat/easy. ;)

I don't know :unsure: The above mentioned reddit pointer suggests, that this whole setting is a mini-bravalanche from a never-to-appear book describing the year gone by.

18 hours ago, Michael Portz said:

Thanks for the reddit-pointer; his intention matches exactly the feeling I got, even though I did not know this of Brandons commentaries.

Again I am awestruck, what a great story builder he is.

I am so excited about what to expect from Navani's defenses.

I just can't imagine, that the home-coming of the 4th Bridge will take up many chapters. *think*

11 minutes ago, Michael Portz said:

I don't know :unsure: The above mentioned reddit pointer suggests, that this whole setting is a mini-bravalanche from a never-to-appear book describing the year gone by.

I just can't imagine, that the home-coming of the 4th Bridge will take up many chapters. *think*

This is true - at it's longest I think we can assume that it's going to be done in part 1 AND part 1 will contain other stuff too (Venli and Shallan PoVs).

HOWEVER I don't think it will be easy - the question is how will it be hard? Riding the storm seems heavily telegraphed (parallel to Kaladin's escape in Oathbringer part 1), and it may still be the route it just won't be an immediate/simple step to do it.

11 hours ago, Isilel said:

They'll have to pick up the herdazians first, but there is no way that they'd be able to make it back to the Shattered Plains across the whole of conquered Alethkar, now that they have been made, IMHO. Nor will they be able to escape the Fused pursuit at the chull pace. And the image of them flying before the stormwall, with the Windrunners, Edgedancers and artifabrians all making it happens would be a true moment of awesome. Oh, and the Lightweaver(s), which I am sure they have on board too, calming and distracting the civilians in the holds with Illumination theatre performances similar to Shallan's back in OB.

They would still have to hold out for multiple days.  It might make sense instead to go across the steamwater.

12 hours ago, Kuram said:

We already know it's somehow over with by the interlude, as Kaladin and Dalinar are back at the tower.

But do we know for sure if that is an end of part 1 interlude or end of part 2 etc?

So in the next two chapters the consensus reads as far as I can tell that Shallan will wake up and either get made or be assigned some minor role in the SoH network.  Also back at Harthstone some fighting will happen but stuff won't start to get really bad until latter.  Anyone with a different OP feel free to comment.

On 29/07/2020 at 5:36 AM, rjl said:

The airship landed in chapter 3 for people to get on - I doubt it will take off again until they're done unless they need to run. Also in ch7 Kal told Lift to take the fabrial to Navani implying that she's on the ground at the moment i.e. the air ship is still there.

As an extra point to consider Brandon said the below on reddit which IMO implies that we should expect these early events to happen rapidly and conclude BUT to involve more of other characters - minimally expecting some more Shallan action to be interspersed:

Personally, I liked it a lot. Remember me Mistborn 3

On 30/07/2020 at 0:03 PM, Isilel said:

They'll have to pick up the herdazians first, but there is no way that they'd be able to make it back to the Shattered Plains across the whole of conquered Alethkar, now that they have been made, IMHO.

Why not go to Urithiru with a northern detour? You can take Fourth Bridge out to sea and follow the coast west, forcing the Fused  to venture out beyond the sight of land.

Keeping in mind this is supposed to be like the end of a book, does anyone think it's possible for Moash to show up? Could make for an interesting slew of interactions. Not to Kalaral ship(not a big fan of that one), but if Kal ends up defending Rashone, after he already defended Elhokar... What are the chances Moash would try to incriminate Kaladin infant of Tanavast, Dalinar, his father, someone's pet dog, and everybody? Doubt it would happen straight away, but maybe towards the middle-end of Part 1?

1 hour ago, BasementDwellingRadiant said:

Keeping in mind this is supposed to be like the end of a book, does anyone think it's possible for Moash to show up? Could make for an interesting slew of interactions. Not to Kalaral ship(not a big fan of that one), but if Kal ends up defending Rashone, after he already defended Elhokar... What are the chances Moash would try to incriminate Kaladin infant of Tanavast, Dalinar, his father, someone's pet dog, and everybody? Doubt it would happen straight away, but maybe towards the middle-end of Part 1?

You should watch this. 

https://youtu.be/4lRDdxUy5iE 

1 hour ago, BasementDwellingRadiant said:

What are the chances Moash would try to incriminate Kaladin infant of Tanavast, Dalinar, his father, someone's pet dog, and everybody?

I think Moash would do some serious crem during Part 1 that will lead to epic failure for good guy, probably Lirin's death and Kaladin moving to surgeon job.

I actually wouldnt be surprise if Kaladin would have to brutally murder Moash and this will shock him significantly.