Hoid the Drifter

Kelsier's thought about Harmony

8 posts in this topic

He holds the powers of creation in twain, a god among gods. Is this a quote?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

yes, from Secret History.

 the full quote is

"Huh, Kelsier thought. He hold the powers of creation in twain, a god among gods, And he's still a terrible liar"

Edited by Eternal Khol
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2020 at 4:19 PM, Eternal Khol said:

yes, from Secret History.

 the full quote is

"Huh, Kelsier thought. He hold the powers of creation in twain, a god among gods, And he's still a terrible liar"

I meant, is Kelsier quoting something?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Hoid the Drifter said:

I meant, is Kelsier quoting something?

No, he just noted Sazed's hesitation and realized that he was lying to him, that there was a way to regain his body.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Honorless said:

No, he just noted Sazed's hesitation and realized that he was lying to him, that there was a way to regain his body.

but it seems like something that Kelsier wouldn't come up with by himself, as he isn't a poet, and the line seems pretty poetic. Maybe it's from Alendi'

s diary? (I'm speculating, I haven't read Mistborn in a while.)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hoid the Drifter said:

but it seems like something that Kelsier wouldn't come up with by himself, as he isn't a poet, and the line seems pretty poetic. Maybe it's from Alendi's diary? (I'm speculating, I haven't read Mistborn in a while.)

Kelsier did receive an education and he does wisecrack. He's perfectly capable and willing to come up with a line like that. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Honorless said:

Kelsier did receive an education and he does wisecrack. He's perfectly capable and willing to come up with a line like that. 

I know but it just doesn't seem like him. He's more into getting things done than writing poetry.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hoid the Drifter said:

I know but it just doesn't seem like him. He's more into getting things done than writing poetry.

You can think of it as "translation license" from in-world Scadial to our-world text. Kelsier is thinking in semi-archaic and formal/poetic phrasing that would echo religious texts, as we might echo the King James Bible, to recognize that Sazed is now divine, and doubly so... To contrast it with the fact that even so, he has the same "tell" that he did as a man.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.