Dream talk

Hen

Sooooo anyone had any weird dreams recently? Or... ever? Nice dreams, scary dreams, day dreams, any dreams. 

I just had a dream that red, blue and yellow (the fake primary colors) had a boxing match with magenta, cyan and yellow (the real primary colors) in my backyard . Yellow was the announcer because he’s in both groups and so he didn’t care who won. (Also Yellow is a “he” apparently.)

Anyone else want to talk about their dreams? I’m not a professional psychoanalyst but... yeah never mind you probably shouldn’t take my advice. 

Edited by Hentient

Oh, nice! I already told about my weird dream in another thread, but here it is again! (more detail this time)

Not sure if I was Lily Evans or not, but I'm pretty sure that I was friends with Snape, though it looked nothing like him. There were sketches of us that I remember seeing then I took the one of him and left him the one of me at his house (that's where I was , but I didn't see him.) Then I left. I don't know how much later it was, but we talked later and I think we danced? I remember being close to his face, and this is where he definitely didn't look like Snape. He had black and white hair and eyeshadow, so that was weird. Then the next scene I remember, we're sitting by each other and he gives me a magic box. He looks different now, with long luscious black hair? But it's still Snape? Anyway, this box extends before it opens, and there are a bunch of boxes stacked inside each other (think matryoshka dolls) then there are Hershey's kisses and he says something like, "I thought I'd give you a real one, too" and he leans in and I reject him and say something like "Sorry, but maybe we should just be friends."

That's the last thing I remember, but I usually don't remember my dreams at all, so it was really weird that I remembered this one so well. It was really vivid, and I'm confused why I had a dream about Snape, because I don't even get why people defend him. (don't hate me please) He was still really rude to Harry, and he's an adult, so he shouldn't still hold grudges. Like, yeah, it's sweet that he has always loved Lily, but still... He had way too much of a temper and wasn't a good person in any way until the last book.

Oooh, cool! This thread already exists! I don't have to start one!

I have hundreds to share... I'm going to start with the one about the giant man-eating spider, though.

So there was this mansion place that I was chilling at with--get this--the Dursley's, that doubled as a restaurant that specialized is exotic foods. I don't remember what I ordered, but Dudley ordered the giant amazonian spider thing, because who doesn't want to eat deep-fried demon? In any case, this spider was sentient, and not particularly jazzed about being eaten, so it did the most rational thing my mind could concoct:

Eat Dudley Dursley back.

I honestly don't know how it accomplished such a feat, but I was out of there and booking it as fast as my own two legs could carry me. The spider wasn't exactly done, yet, and being a spider, it wanted to eat everybody (don't ask me how it would manage to fit Vernon, Petunia, the servants, the waiter guy, and me after swallowing an obese british kid who was literally "wider than he was tall," but I guess it wanted to try). In any case, I was having none of that, so I booked it to the backyard, where a bunch of people were setting up a scaffholding for... something. I hid out here for awhile before I decided to go back inside and find the spider, because... logic, right?

In any case, I started sneaking around the mansion, looking for the giant man-eating spider. I decided to check a door to the basement, and lo and behold, I found it. I found the demon spider, letting his last meal sit by... watching Netflix on an iPad.

It was the single most hilarious thing I've ever seen. It was even wearing headphones! Headphones, on a spider!

However, it spotted me, and soon I was running away from it again. I shut the basement door on it, and that seemed to trap it well enough. I woke up sometime around then, but that's not the end of the story, because the dream repeated itself the following night.

It began the same way (Dudley orders spider, spider unofficially orders Dudley and eats the child), but this time I knew exactly how everything was going to unfold, so I got out of there as fast as I could, and now I knew where the spider would be once it was done eating the waiter; in the basement, watching Netflix on the iPad. All I needed to do was avoid it, right?

Right?

WRONG!!!

For some strange reason, my dream chose to derail sometime around now. When I was waiting outside, I encountered this group of people on horses (I'm pretty sure they were knights), one of whom was holding a large spider skeleton. In retrosepect, I have no idea what was going on there, but basically all that meant was that these knight people had taken care of the spider for me. How kind of them!

However, these people were also looking for this five-year-old girl, and apparently I knew this individual. Therefore, I took this five-year-old girl and began to run away, because obviously these knights were looking to kill her or something, rather than... you know, take her back to her parents? My dream ended with Hagrid and I (dunno where the half-giant came into this; he just did) about to embark on a quest to save this girl, and then I woke up and immediately thought something among the lines of "that was weird."

In my dreams I end up levitating a lot.  This particular dream is from a while ago, but i remember it vividly.  I jumped out of a second story window in my house (we have a second story, but this particular window doesn't exist), and swam-flew down the street.  Then somehow that opening scene from the Prince Caspian movie, where Caspian's being chased across Narnia joined the weirdness.  And I also was chased.

I'm pretty sure last night I dreamed about Avatar: The Last Airbender.  Specifically a bending battle (which I love) between Katara, Zuko, and Toph.  Not a canon battle, just something my weird brain came up with.

The room is dark. The only illumination comes from the flickering flames that cling to your hands. There are other people standing there, watching. Just watching.

The city is simultaneously vibrantly peppy and depressingly gloomy. Everyone's expressions are blank. The office is bleak and cold. The shadows move like dancers, like snakes, like daggers. Go to sleep, they whisper, but you are already asleep.

You jump off the edge to see if you fly. You can't tell if you're flying or falling because there is no air to rush past you, no ground to approach you, no voice with which to scream.

The person without a rememberable appearance speaks with you. The words are so very important, but silverfish chew at your library of memories, and you cannot remember anything they've said. 

You are alone in an empty field. An ineffective scarecrow watches you as the crows peck out its eyes. 

Home is a fragment of the universe that you can control. 

You don't know why you are laughing, but you are, and the world laughs with/at you. You can't decipher which one it is, and you don't care enough to try.

2 hours ago, BreezeCauthon said:

I have weird dreams. Recently I had one where George W. Bush was launching a third-party bid for the presidency. And another one where Mitt Romney was president (in that dream my crush liked me, so that was a pretty cool world).

That first one scares me. That second one... not so bad (that was a good election, 2012. Nothing like the modern ones).