RoW Memes

eveorjoy

22 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Frog legs are specifically known to taste like chicken though, even more so than other kinds of white meat. Which is the joke, of course.

I’ve never had frogs, but man alligator tastes like chicken. I’m not sure if it’s white meat though, I’ve only had it once.

31 minutes ago, Personification said:

I imagine they were pre-ascension, but frogs are super-fragile, amphibious, and sometimes breathe through their skin. There is almost no way they survived the existence of the ashmounts.

Era 2

Spoiler

And Sazed recreated the animals after his Ascension...

@Ghanderflaffle I would not know; I can’t eat them. I can’t eat Parmesan meatballs either, although Kelsier seems to think they’re good.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

3 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Era 2

Hide contents

And Sazed recreated the animals after his Ascension...

@Ghanderflaffle I would not know; I can’t eat them. I can’t eat Parmesan meatballs either, although Kelsier seems to think they’re good.

I was about to make a joke about the improbability of a significant religious story containing frogs for him to have stored in order to make that work when I realized that I, and I believe you, tell one annually. 

Kosher high five.

7 minutes ago, Personification said:

I was about to make a joke about the improbability of a significant religious story containing frogs for him to have stored in order to make that work when I realized that I, and I believe you, tell one annually. 

Kosher high five.

Scadrial is Cosmere France. How can there NOT be frogs?

My grandfather had actually eaten frog legs as a child. It’s the rabbit stew he - and his brother - remember though. Apparently the woman who saved them made a really good rabbit stew, because they both brought it up when I interviewed them.

6 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Scadrial is Cosmere France. How can there NOT be frogs?

My grandfather had actually eaten frog legs as a child. It’s the rabbit stew he - and his brother - remember though. Apparently the woman who saved them made a really good rabbit stew, because they both brought it up when I interviewed them.

Interesting. What was the interview for, if you don't mind me asking?

25 minutes ago, Personification said:

Interesting. What was the interview for, if you don't mind me asking?

I wanted to know their stories and felt it was important that they shouldn’t be forgotten. I also interviewed both my grandmothers and my great-uncle. I was going to go to England to interview my great-aunt, but she died before I could. When Covid lets up enough for me to travel I’ll be going to interview her children and grandchildren. 

There aren’t so many Survivors left that we can afford to lose the stories of those that remain.

11 hours ago, Personification said:

Wait, are there frogs in the Cosmere?

I feel like there might not be on any of the main shardworlds we know of, except possibly Nalthis.

There's a frog mentioned in the 10th anniversary epilogue of Elantris, so there's frogs on Sel.

Edit: Sorry, no memes today. Sometime within the next days though :)

Edited by Elegy

4 minutes ago, Willshaper-Kalak said:

Nothing is normal with The Lopen on board.

Have you watched the Magic School Bus? After Arnold says, “Please let this be a normal field trip,” Wanda says, “with the Frizz?” and then all the other kids say, “No way!” So I was basically continuing the intro.

Continuing: Surging down Hearthstone, you’re relaxed and feeling good, next thing that you know you’re seeing - a Fused in the neighborhood?!

Just now, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Have you watched the Magic School Bus? After Arnold says, “Please let this be a normal field trip,” Wanda says, “with the Frizz?” and then all the other kids say, “No way!” So I was basically continuing the intro.

Continuing: Surging down Hearthstone, you’re relaxed and feeling good, next thing that you know you’re seeing - a Fused in the neighborhood?!

I have seen magic school bus, but not in 10 yrs so I have no idea what you're talking about. :D

14 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

I wanted to know their stories and felt it was important that they shouldn’t be forgotten. I also interviewed both my grandmothers and my great-uncle. I was going to go to England to interview my great-aunt, but she died before I could. When Covid lets up enough for me to travel I’ll be going to interview her children and grandchildren. 

There aren’t so many Survivors left that we can afford to lose the stories of those that remain.

I'm sorry to hear about your great-aunt. What you're doing is really great.

To tie the subject back to the Cosmere a bit, one of my favorite moments in Mistborn: TFE is when Vin takes the extra baywrap to keep the bread for later, because whenever I heard stories from survivors they said that when they were rescued and given their first opportunity to have food without worrying about scarcity, they did what Vin did in that scene, just in case they wouldn't have another opportunity to get the food. It made the scene feel very real, and it hammered home for me how difficult Vin's life would have been. (Yes, I know, "big surprise, Brandon is a great author," but still.)

And now for something completely different:

4 hours ago, Willshaper-Kalak said:

Ok. You probably gave 50% of the forums a jolt of nostalgia!

I am too young for it to give me nostalgia and it gave me nostalgia.

Also, now I'm just imagining hundreds of overlapping spanreed messages from across the world all saying "Is this the Floating Platform?"

Edited by Personification

3 minutes ago, Personification said:

Also, now I'm just imagining hundreds of overlapping spanreed messages from across the world all saying "Is this the Floating Platform?"

Is this the Radiant bridge crew?

Edited by Frustration

On 5/3/2021 at 9:12 PM, Dreamwa1ker said:

585dhb.jpg.362d39d62057818c42fad2606cecdf78.jpg

I'm thinking Truthwatcher

Willshaper. She’s one of the most flamboyant and individualistic characters you’ll ever come across. And she consistently encourages her class to think for themselves and explore and experiment with everything. She also loves to travel.