eveorjoy

RoW Memes

830 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Not exactly a meme, but...

Brandon: Marsh is of multiple minds on what's happening with Kelsier at this time.

Marsh: On the one hand, he’s causing trouble, running scams, and generally making a nuisance of himself.

Marsh: On the other hand, it’s someone else’s planet.

(I am 90% sure that’s what Brandon means by mixed minds. Marsh is so happy that Kelsier is too busy bothering other planets to wreck havoc on Scadrial.)

Is Marsh one of the worldhoppers on Roshar?

60427c375be15_Unoreversecard.png.44ceaa91a21d013f8439ba6bf9f8eb77.png

Edited by GoWibble

1 minute ago, CosmicSieve said:

Is Marsh one of the worldhoppers on Roshar?

Nope. But his brother is causing a lot of trouble there.

Not exactly a meme, but...

Brandon: Marsh is of multiple minds on what's happening with Kelsier at this time.

Marsh: On the one hand, he’s causing trouble, running scams, and generally making a nuisance of himself.

Marsh: On the other hand, it’s someone else’s planet.

(I am 90% sure that’s what Brandon means by mixed minds. Marsh is so happy that Kelsier is too busy bothering other planets to wreck havoc on Scadrial.)

I'd interpret it as Marsh being torn between loving his brother and being happy he is doing well and the fact that his brother is doing well in things that are antithetical to his philosophy.

2 minutes ago, Personification said:

I'd interpret it as Marsh being torn between loving his brother and being happy he is doing well and the fact that his brother is doing well in things that are antithetical to his philosophy.

As an older sibling... Yeah, no. He’s just glad his brother isn’t causing problems HE has to deal with.

Not that he doesn’t wish Kell the best on his endeavors and isn’t happy his brother is doing well, but that isn’t why he’s of mixed minds, lol! For once he’s just completely not responsible and the side effects of Kell’s shenanigans are not directly impacting him. He also doesn’t have to worry as much, because Kelsier is on Scadrial so he’s not as directly involved and less likely to end up dead (again).

2 hours ago, GoWibble said:

RoW:

Hide contents

60417599528be_Unoreversecard.png.394dde65be6f75bd4ff79dfa97bb2b85.png

Ah, didn't survive the transfer I see

Could put non SA stuff in spoiler tags. Unless reading Mistborn or whatever Marsh is from is now mandatory to come here. I might read it someday, though the more spoilers I get the less likely I will because it kills the enjoyment for me. I try to skim over posts when I see unfamiliar names but sometimes I trip up (Marsh as Moash). 

Just now, CosmicSieve said:

Could put non SA stuff in spoiler tags. Unless reading Mistborn or whatever Marsh is from is now mandatory to come here. I might read it someday, though the more spoilers I get the less likely I will because it kills the enjoyment for me. I try to skim over posts when I see unfamiliar names but sometimes I trip up (Marsh as Moash). 

It's RoW General we are indeed supposed to keep spoiler marked

im weak

On 7/27/2020 at 9:06 PM, Honorless said:

That's all the effort he deserves

On 27/07/2020 at 7:16 PM, Q10fanatic said:

I have a joke about the 4th ideal of the Windrunners but I'm not ready to say the words.

I don't know what it tells that the most upvoted comment in this thread is a one liner without picture but I don't think it's a bad thing

Spoiler

50iiuw.jpg

Edited by mathiau

16 hours ago, mathiau said:

Ah, didn't survive the transfer I see

I fixed it

On 2/7/2021 at 11:10 AM, mathiau said:

4x2asq.jpg

Wait where was that?

25 minutes ago, Lesser spren said:

Wait where was that?

Nobody specific, it's just that Brandon has said that the Pirate Code is a legitimate set of rules to swear yourself to as a Skybreaker for the Code Oath. He also said that the modern Skybreakers probably wouldn't allow it though, mostly due to Nale going crazy.

26 minutes ago, Lesser spren said:

Wait where was that?

Questioner

Can Skybreakers vow to follow a code of rules some might consider outlaw-ish, like the Pirate Code. Are they obliged to adhere to changes in the law after their vow?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes and yes.

What you're running into with what's happening right now, the Skybreakers are under the thumb of someone who has a much more rigid interpretation of what they should do than is necessary for the Order. And so you could totally be a Skybreaker who is not of this group, and this group would not look kindly on something like the Pirate Code necessarily. (Though the Pirate Code kind of works for them, because it's in international waters, so even with the current crop of Skybreakers you could probably argue the Pirate Code, and they'd probably be okay with it.)

But you could have even less, codes that's like, "I'm going to follow the code of the criminal underground. I'm going to follow the Mafia code." Current crop of Skybreakers, that would not fly with them. But in the Order in general, and the way that highspren work, and things like that, you would totally be okay.

Which is kind of dangerous, yes. But you would have to follow the code as the code changes. So that could get you into trouble, also. Skybreakers, they've got an interesting way of going about all this. Hopefully, all the Orders do; that's one of my goals with them.

YouTube Livestream 9 (May 28, 2020)

10 minutes ago, mathiau said:

Which means you could have a Ghostblood Skybreaker...

7 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Which means you could have a Ghostblood Skybreaker...

Probably, but I don't know if the Ghostbloods actually work well for this. They don't seem to be a very rules-based organization, so they don't have a code to follow. The examples given were criminal organizations that have strict internal codes which, while not the same as the laws of the region they operate in, have the same weight and importance and are enforced by the social structure. The Ghostbloods MO seems to be "get the job done, we don't care how," and the only real rule seems to be don't kill other Ghostbloods, so they don't have anything to swear to, and they likely would expect their members to do things that might break most potential Skybreaker codes, even many of the criminal ones.

This is a horrible place to discuss this but...

The GB are actually a very precise organization 

They tried to Assassinate Jasnah without any other casualties only after that failed did they hire a 3rd party to kill her

The scene with the carriage driver was operatives on their own free time not under GB order

Also ‘Thaidaker’ runs a tighter ship in his inner circle

Sk Iyatil would probaly follow a very strict set of guidelines  

Their code seems to be try to do it without casualties but if it is so important they can sacrifice a few to further their plans 

which I can see a skybreaker swearing to

4 minutes ago, Personification said:

Probably, but I don't know if the Ghostbloods actually work well for this. They don't seem to be a very rules-based organization, so they don't have a code to follow. The examples given were criminal organizations that have strict internal codes which, while not the same as the laws of the region they operate in, have the same weight and importance and are enforced by the social structure. The Ghostbloods MO seems to be "get the job done, we don't care how," and the only real rule seems to be don't kill other Ghostbloods, so they don't have anything to swear to, and they likely would expect their members to do things that might break most potential Skybreaker codes, even many of the criminal ones.

The Mafia didn’t have a strict code either. If you can swear to Omertà, you can swear to the Ghostbloods’ very similar code. Prior to this I was unaware you could swear to Omertà, which implies a lot of leeway on what the Skybreakers consider a code.

Ghostbloods don’t harm Ghostbloods.

Ghostbloods do not betray Ghostbloods.

The second piece is basically Omertà, confirming my belief that the Ghostbloods are the Cosmere Mafia. Omertà, as you can see, does not have a lot of rules beyond “don’t talk to law enforcement ever.”

Omertà (/ˈmɛərtə/Italian pronunciation: [omerˈta])[a] is a Southern Italian code of silence and code of honor that places importance on silence in the face of questioning by authorities or outsiders; non-cooperation with authorities, the government, or outsiders, especially during criminal investigations; and willfully ignoring and generally avoiding interference with the illegal activities of others (i.e., not contacting law enforcement or the authorities when one is aware of, witness to, or even the victim of certain crimes).

Prior to this I was unaware you could swear to Omertà, which implies a lot of leeway on what the Skybreakers consider a code.

Hell, Szeth could swear to a person. "Code" feels like perhaps too restrictive a word for what the Ideal requires :lol:

37 minutes ago, LewsTherinTelescope said:

Hell, Szeth could swear to a person. "Code" feels like perhaps too restrictive a word for what the Ideal requires :lol:

blogger-image-1782337503.jpg