RoW Memes

eveorjoy

2 minutes ago, Personification said:

Can someone please do the astronaut "always has been" thing with (Mistborn)

Reveal hidden contents

Kel being evil.

If you would turn your attention to SH

Spoiler

Where he stabs Elend to emotionaly manipulate his adopted daughter.

5 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

Yes, Vyre did nothing unreasonable. (honestly, the thing I'm most mad about was him cutting Lift's legs. That's it)

Huh, in your mind killing his former friend and his spren was less of a problem than cutting the leg of the girl who'll regrow them with her next meal?

1 minute ago, Frustration said:

If you would turn your attention to SH

Hide contents

Where he stabs Elend to emotionaly manipulate his adopted daughter.

That was more 'sad good' than evil

10 minutes ago, mathiau said:

That was more 'sad good' than evil

Exhibit 2

SH

Spoiler

When Kel comments on sparing a pregment noble he thinks it with the air of someone giving a child extra leniency on their birthday.

He really couldn't care

13 minutes ago, mathiau said:

Huh, in your mind killing his former friend and his spren was less of a problem than cutting the leg of the girl who'll regrow them with her next meal?

Lift isn't much of a fighter, Teft could defend himself, and I'm not going to get mad at Vyre for fighting Teft when Teft would try and kill him in a heartbeat. It's like how killing battlefield medics are seen as horrendous. Plus she's a child.

1 hour ago, Frustration said:

But...

He was always like that.

Vyre did nothing wrong.

I agree that he was always like that, but most people seem to have missed it.

26 minutes ago, Personification said:

Can someone please do the astronaut "always has been" thing with (Mistborn)

Hide contents

Kel being evil.

But I disagree that he’s evil. He’s as chaotic neutral as he’s ever been - we’re just on the wrong side of his plans.

Well, you are. I’m a Ghostblood.

Just now, Frustration said:

Exhibit 2

SH

Hide contents

When Kel comments on sparing a pregment noble he thinks it with the air of someone giving a child extra leniency on their birthday.

He really couldn't care

True

4 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

Lift isn't much of a fighter, Teft could defend himself, and I'm not going to get mad at Vyre for fighting Teft when Teft would try and kill him in a heartbeat. It's like how killing battlefield medics are seen as horrendous. Plus she's a child.

Yeah, you're actually right

Just now, Kingsdaughter613 said:

I agree that he was always like that, but most people seem to have missed it.

But I disagree that he’s evil. He’s as chaotic neutral as he’s ever been - we’re just on the wrong side of his plans.

Well, you are. I’m a Ghostblood.

Pretty sure "do everything for himself" is the DnD definition of evil, he's probably neutral by RoW though, possibly true/lawful neutral too since he founded the gostbloods

4 minutes ago, mathiau said:

True

Pretty sure "do everything for himself" is the DnD definition of evil, he's probably neutral by RoW though, possibly true/lawful neutral too since he founded the gostbloods

Kell doesn’t do everything for himself though. He is inherently selfish, but he likes to focus himself on good causes that better others. And himself, too, of course.

He WANTS to be good, knows he isn’t, and tries to point himself at good ends to countermand that. It’s an inherent paradox in his character, and it’s why I find him so fascinating. 

Also, Brandon has said he’s chaotic neutral. But that’s a side point. Kell is a trickster/rogue. It’s what makes him so much fun!

And Kell is not lawful anything. The man is chaos incarnate.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

4 minutes ago, mathiau said:

True

The Ghostbloods 100% strike me as an evil organization. Not in a mustache-twirling way, but in a "trading a teenage girl to a mad scientist who will almost definitely kill her for diplomatic immunity is something that this organization is fine with" kind of way. Founding the Ghostbloods (and technically, we don't know that he did that yet, he may have joined and "taken over within a year" as Brandon said he could) is, if anything, more evidence for him being Evil.

Also, to those who say he wasn't evil in Era 1, Brandon has pretty explicitly said that in any environment outside of the Final Empire as a skaa, Kel would have been a villain, and then he showed us what that might look like with Miles.

3 minutes ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:

Seriously look at his character arc

[Mistborn All]

Reveal hidden contents
  • Starts thieving crew
  • Breaks into Kredik Shaw 
  • Goes to Hathsin
  • Teams up with Gemmel
  • Trains for a while
  • ~bunch o' stuff happens for three years~
  • Kidnaps Vin
  • Plots his own death
  • makes an army
  • "Dies"
  • Bonds to Fuzz's perpendicularly
  • Becomes Cognitive Shadow
  • Decks Fuzz
  • Get's in fist fight with Hoid
  • Gets trapped at the Well
  • Stabs Elend
  • Get's freed from the Well
  • Meets some Elantrians and steals there orb
  • Fuzz dies and Kelsier ascends
  • Tries to kill Ati
  • Fails at that
  • Gives up power to Sazed.
  • ~bunch of theoretical stuff happens~
  • Gets a body at some point
  • Rules Scadrial south??? @Kingsdaughter613 came up with that one.
  • Manages to Worldhop (Hoid met him on "other planets")
  • Joins Ghostbloods at some point
  • Becomes there leader
  • ~More theoretical stuff happens~
  • Shows up in BoM

And he is a servant of Ruin the whole time

Pretty sure he founded them not joined them, no proof I remember of though (and I know I'm not the best person to say that but we're getting of topic here).

Edited by mathiau

2 minutes ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:

[Mistborn All]

Reveal hidden contents
  • Starts thieving crew
  • Goes to Hathsin
  • Teams up with Gemmel
  • Trains for a while
  • Kidnaps Vin
  • Plots his own death
  • makes an army
  • "Dies"
  • Decks Fuzz
  • Stabs Elend
  • Tries to kill Ati
  • Fails at that
  • Becomes there leader
  • Shows up in BoM

What on earth are you talking about

1. Thaidakar founded the ghostbloods
  2. he still can't leave his homeworld as of RoW

Just now, Frustration said:

Do we have proof of that? We're assuming cause he have problem with moving investiture and speak with an avatar but do we have proofs?

6 minutes ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:

[Mistborn All]

Hide contents
  • Starts thieving crew
  • Goes to Hathsin
  • Teams up with Gemmel
  • Trains for a while
  • Kidnaps Vin
  • Plots his own death
  • makes an army
  • "Dies"
  • Decks Fuzz
  • Stabs Elend
  • Tries to kill Ati
  • Fails at that
  • Becomes there leader
  • Shows up in BoM

I didn’t come up with that. He’s literally called the Sovereign!

Also, he can’t worldhop. WoB on that one, and it’s implied that that’s the problem he shares with the heralds.

3 minutes ago, Frustration said:

I agree with you, but we don’t actually know he founded them.

Though I’m pretty sure the original Ghostbloods were: Kelsier, Spook, Breeze, Ham, Beldre and Alriane. Their first job: Get Kelsier a body. And the name was Spook’s idea. He thought it was funny. No one else did, but it stuck anyway.

1 minute ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

I didn’t come up with that. He’s literally called the Sovereign!

Also, he can’t worldhop. WoB on that one, and it’s implied that that’s the problem he shares with the heralds.

I agree with you, but we don’t actually know he founded them.

Though I’m pretty sure the original Ghostbloods were: Kelsier, Spook, Breeze, Ham, Beldre and Alriane. Their first job: Get Kelsier a body. And the name was Spook’s idea. He thought it was funny. No one else did, but it stuck anyway.

SH:

Spoiler

I'm going to say that Breeze, Ham, and Alriane weren't in on it, because Breeze and Ham both knew enough about Kel and the metallic arts to know that wherever this plan would be going it wouldn't end well, and Alriane was close enough to Breeze and politically savvy enough to be in a similar position. Of the original crew, only Spook really worshipped Kel enough to think tinkering with hemalurgy to give him a knew body wouldn't be a net negative for humanity. Even Vin and Sazed tried their best to get him to go to the Beyond, with the latter actually lying about the possibility of getting a new body to discourage him.

12 minutes ago, Personification said:

SH:

Hide contents

I'm going to say that Breeze, Ham, and Alriane weren't in on it, because Breeze and Ham both knew enough about Kel and the metallic arts to know that wherever this plan would be going it wouldn't end well, and Alriane was close enough to Breeze and politically savvy enough to be in a similar position. Of the original crew, only Spook really worshipped Kel enough to think tinkering with hemalurgy to give him a knew body wouldn't be a net negative for humanity. Even Vin and Sazed tried their best to get him to go to the Beyond, with the latter actually lying about the possibility of getting a new body to discourage him.

We don’t actually know why Saze lied. He knew Kell well enough to know that wouldn’t discourage him. Brandon’s response when asked about this was to say - carefully - that Saze has a better opinion of Kelsier than Kelsier. Which implies to me that there was something more to this. Sazed knew something. There’s always another secret...

As for Ham and Breeze... Ham actually says that he’s always up for joining one of Kell’s crews, and Breeze implies the same. They’re his friends and they know him. But they’re still going to help him, if only because he’s Kelsier and they aren’t about to leave him in the Cognitive Realm. They never worshipped him, but they still followed him. They’re loyal to him in a very different way than Spook, but they are loyal. Beldre and Alriane get involved on their own insistence.

But this is way too serious for the meme board really. I wrote that as a joke, because that’s what this board is for.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

Just now, mathiau said:

Get over it kid.

I did. Then Frustration said nothing was wrong, that paired with me on my 3rd reread (I just got to the part where Teft dies). I am no longer over it. Also, kid? How old do you think I am? Anyway, back to posting memes in the RoW memes thread.

Just now, Chinkoln said:

I did. Then Frustration said nothing was wrong, that paired with me on my 3rd reread (I just got to the part where Teft dies). I am no longer over it. Also, kid? How old do you think I am? Anyway, back to posting memes in the RoW memes thread.

The 'kid' just seemed to go well with the rest of the sentence, I know you're 150