Unity in different books

This may have been talked about previously but I haven't seen it before. There have been a few comments about the purpose of Unity in terms of what Dalinar is doing and it has been spoken that it will have an effect on the Cosmere as a whole. I was just listening to Elantris so pardon me for lack of page number, but when Dilaf was about to kill Sarene in front of her father, Hrathen was having a bit of a crisis of faith. In his thoughts, the last thing he thinks about before he attacks and stops Dilaf is "unity." This could be just a coincidence, but you have Honors remnant thinking about unity and you have the focus of all faiths on Sel focused on unity of one kind or another to have their individual gods return. Is this a latent manifestation in all shards? Does this appear in Mistborn/Warbreaker and I just missed it?

4 hours ago, Frustration said:

Something of note is that Honor, Devotion, and Dominion are all splintered. So Unity could be part of that 

Perhaps Splintering requires removing this "fundemental Unity" from a shard in order to make its power decohere with itself and split apart. So the pieces then naturally yearn to have their Unity back.

I was actually thinking of composing a theory on this myself, but I couldn't figure out where to go with it. It certainly jumped out to me that the core trait of the Elantrian religions is Unity. On the same lines as @Halyo_Alex, perhaps there's some force working to reunify Adonalsium. I'm not sure if "unity" is explicitly mentioned in Mistborn, but that is the only system where two shards have been unified, so there's that.  As for Warbreaker, I don't remember anything about unity, but that doesn't disprove the theory.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Yolenlightweaver said:

I just started listening to Mistborn era 1 again and I didn't realize one of the roles of the Hero of Ages.

"The Hero of Ages was not simply to be a warrior. He was a person who united others, who brought them together. A leader. "

So at least its in the first era of Mistborn as well!

Hero of Ages = Bondsmith :P