*Bridge Four salute*

lyn

Hello! Lyn here, longtime fan of Brandon's and co-founder of a wonderful 4-person writing group that was created in the comments section of one of Brandon's Facebook posts back in early February of this year.  Since then, one of us has written "The End," we have gained an amazing booktuber as our fourth member, and written around 300k words collectively and watched every single one of Brandon's Youtube uploads.  (If you don't know about his BYU class on writing, he's been uploading it for free every four years! Go watch the first one, you will be entertained <3 and you will learn SO MUCH.)

Joined because I heard Brandon mention it on one of his booksigning casts, but staying for the fanart <3 that Young Dalinar is my everything right now.

Thanks for having me!

*salute*

-Lyn, aka Heather

1 minute ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Welcome to the Shard!  What's you're favorite Cosmere book?

Hello!! I love your name and your tagline <3 My favorite Cosmere book is The Way of Kings! I really love Elantris for its raw beauty, too.

3 minutes ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

Welcome! Who is your favorite character?

Wow! Yall reply so fast and make a newbie feel so welcome :wub:

I absolutely adore Rock, but I'm sure we all love ...Lunamor.

There's a special place in my heart for Dalinar.  As an Army war veteran, I relate to his struggles and passions more than anyone.

What about you two? 

21 hours ago, Darkfinder said:

Hello and welcome to the shard

What is your favorite magic system

Hey Darkfinder :) If we're talking Brandon magic, then definitely Stormlight.  Favorite non-Brandon magic system is that of Will Wight's Cradle series!  It's a great, fast-paced, detailed fantasy with some cool sci-fi/space elements!

@Honorless, @Karger, @Adran and @Mist - thank you for the welcome! Glad to be here!  taps wrists back atcha~

On 7/28/2020 at 8:00 AM, Windshaper#51125 said:

Welcome, Friend! Any thoughts on coming in?

That I can't believe I didn't find this sooner! What a treasure! <3

On 7/28/2020 at 8:57 PM, Rosharan A.C. said:

Hi @lyn! I'm a little late to welcome party, but, well... Welcome to the Shard :P. Are you looking forward to Rhythm of War? 

I AM.  I'm not reading the preview chapters so I can save myself for November ^_^ and re-reading the whole series in preparation!  What about you??

16 hours ago, lyn said:

That I can't believe I didn't find this sooner! What a treasure! <3

I AM.  I'm not reading the preview chapters so I can save myself for November ^_^ and re-reading the whole series in preparation!  What about you??

I am SO excited. I've read a couple of the preview chapters, but I'm mostly in the same boat. I really want to reread everything too, but I don't know if I'll have enough time. 

16 hours ago, lyn said:

Forgot to mention I am very much a Willshaper, according to the quiz!  Can't wait to see more of them in the books! 

Cool! I'm an edgedancer B).

Also, just so that you know for future reference, the mods ask us not to double post, one after the other. It's not a big problem though.

Edited by Rosharan A.C.