Aons used in weapons

what are your thoughts for an Elantrian using aondor to enhance or create weapons/ armor?

the main ones I've come up with are using aons create a weapon similar to a gun, my idea for this is to have an aon create a burst of compressed air to launch the bullet, which would have aons inscribed on it activated upon contact with a surface. these would cause effects such as expanding or catching fire. other Aons could be inscribed onto the barrel of the gun for stabilization against recoil, or used kinda like a silencer.

I have always wondered about on/off Aons such as an Aon Edo, imagine an Aon Edo engraved on a plate then part of the plate is cut away and can be placed back in, to complete the Aon and activate a shield. The same concept could be applied to other Aons such as Daa to create a rudimentary energy weapon or even with Ehe to create a flamethrower. My only questions are whether intent would be a roadblock, and wether a non-Elantrian could activate it if an Elantrian was to inscribe it first.