2,172 posts in this topic

Moe. I like him in Wall-e

Where is the best place to start playing D&D?

In your imagination, at least to bein.

Why is blue so pleasing to the eye?

Because you like it.

Why is teal a good color?

Because it is not. 

Why are tea and coffee so equally awesome? 

They are not. I am allergic to Coffee, and will not drink tea unless it is perscribed medicinally.

Why do people eat poison?

Do they, now?

What is the problem with this question, along with the three above it?

Lol it's that there are only two questions above it

Have you finished stranger things 4, and, if so, do you wanna nerd out about it :3

I have not watched Stranger things, due to nightmares.

Why will no one join my roleplay?

I dunno. Probably because God made it that way.

Why is color pretty?

b/c you can see it.

Why are some colorblind?

Because eyes are a thing.

Is that a monster?

What, that thing behind me? No, it's just the sofa. Why are you asking?

6 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

Lol it's that there are only two questions above it

Well, I had a completely different point, but I guess no one will ever guess it. Oh well.

If pain comes from care, why shouldn't one just... Stop caring?

Sorry for the deep question, I'm in the mood for it, I guess.

because joy also comes from care, and joy far outweighs any pain that might come in the long run.

Where did the lego movie go?

To the movies.

Is getting close to people worth getting hurt by them? Because eventually anyone you're close to will hurt you in some way. (Sorry, we were going deep, so I figured "what the heck?")

Well, to be quite honest... I don't see how getting close to people any different from caring about them. Did you not accept the answer given to me? Or do you think it works better with caring from afar? In both those cases, I don't have much more of an answer than, yes, people you're close too will hurt you. They'll make you happy, too, though.

Might it actually be better to care from afar and just be happy for other people?

Well, maybe some might feel satisfied with being the "sidekick" in their own story and watching others have adventures and drama, but my personal opinion is that the more you try to care for and about people that you'll experience more joy that you ever would otherwise. And besides, being the main character is all the more exciting ;)

Here's one for the crowd: does one have the right to be happy, or do they earn it?  

39 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

Well, I had a completely different point, but I guess no one will ever guess it. Oh well.

:ph34r::ph34r:

tell me

44 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

:ph34r::ph34r: I'm with @Szeth's Facepalm

16 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Here's one for the crowd: does one have the right to be happy, or do they earn it?  

Happiness (in my opinion) is a god-given right. We are born with the entitlement to happiness. But that comes with a caveat. In a way, we do have to work for, or earn our happiness, because in any given scenario, we have to choose to be happy. Our trials are nothing more then choices, allowing us to decide how we are going to act. So I believe that in a way, happiness is both a right, and something we have to work for. Does that answer your question, or is it too ambiguous?

My question is: What makes someone worth caring about? 

To me, life. Everyone has worth from the moment they are born until the moment they die. They might try really hard to lose it, hurting others, isolating themselves, stealing, killing. But in my opinion no matter how far down you go, you'll always be worth caring for in some measure. And it's when you find the person that does care that you'll get your chance to get back up. After that, like all the actions that brought you down in the first place, it's a choice whether you take it or not. 

What happened to this thread? 

It became a cross between a psychiatrist's lounge and a philosophy classroom. (I think that's a really good answer by the way. @Eluvianii)

What's a funny not-deep question I could ask to repair this thread? 

Posted (edited)

What is the first radiant oath according to the Lopen?

(All right, I admit it, not that funny. Add an "is there a sort of pancakes that should go before the journey" and you'll get something slightly better. Never trust my sense of humor.)

6 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

:ph34r::ph34r:

tell me

6 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

:ph34r::ph34r: I'm with @Szeth's Facepalm

Well, homework for you then! Examine closely my question and the three ones before it. What do they all have in common? (I assume they have something in common, of course. And that's a hint.)

What makes someone be worthy of you caring about them? (I get that everyone is worthy of having someone care about them, but when comes the time that this so done is you?)

Also, Mwahahahaha! I never intended to take this thread out of its philosophical phase! That's not really why my answer was that bad. Well, not intentionally.

Edited by Trutharchivist

them being a child of God. 

Where did my quantumnet computer go?