How many new Radiants?

Karger

I am glad we are getting a few more Radiants?  10 people fighting against everyone on the continent seemed a bit extreme.  So far we know about an unnamed Dustbringer, a Lightweaver and a new Edgedancer named Godeki(I don't know the spelling).  How many more of these do you think we will be getting, from what orders, and at what ideals?

Edited by Karger

I'm assuming we'll see some Bridge 4 Windrunners at the second Ideal, and some of Shallan's squires.

I'm hoping for a Stoneward. Maybe at the third Ideal?

I'd love to see Radiants in small pockets, training by region or order.

I think we'll see squires swear the second Ideal. I think we'll see at least one second Ideal Stoneward and Willshaper.

9 hours ago, Mist said:

I'm assuming we'll see some Bridge 4 Windrunners at the second Ideal

Makes sense.

1 hour ago, IcaroRibeiro said:

I don't believe we are seeing another Elsecaller or anytime soon 

I'm rooting for a Stoneward

What are these orders?

8 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

I think we are getting a second Bondsmith. It might be Navani.

Cool! or maybe you :)

9 hours ago, Mist said:

Willshaper

What is this?

Maybe more Skybreakers take side of Master Szeth (when he become one).

I think Shalans brothers become Radiants, as well as Shalans servants, like Gaz.

Other Bridgemen become Windrunners of course.

Adolin will become Edgedancer.

I hope for Stonewards. Probably weve met Stoneward Spren (in Shadesmar, in Celebrant, those with grey rock-like skin).

Second Bondsmith too, but I hope it will be Taravangian.

7 minutes ago, Hoid the Drifter said:

What are these orders?

Ellsecallers are Jasnah Order. Stonewards we didnt see yet, but Taln was their Patron Herald.

8 minutes ago, Hoid the Drifter said:

(Willshaper) What is this?

Venlis Order. I hope we are going to see Human Willshaper. Sebarial maybe.

15 minutes ago, Hoid the Drifter said:

Makes sense.

What are these orders?

Cool! or maybe you :)

What is this?

Elsecallers is Janah's order. They bind Inkspren and can use the surges of transportation and transformation 

We don't have any stonewards in the history, but they are Talenel's order and can use cohesion and Tension. We suspect/theorize their spren are the Peakspren mentioned by Syl in her interlude 

At this point, I will assume almost all of Bridge 4 (including the new girl, can't remember her name) are at the 2nd Oath. Probably several more as well. Squires could be more than 100 at this point. I think exponential growth is a thing for Windrunners.

It wouldn't shock me if Gaz and Vathah have attracted cryptics. We also know about the new Lightweaver, Stargyle.

We know that there is a new Edgedancer Godeki, but I would expect to have several more. It doesn't make sense to have two Edgedancers on one mission unless you already have enough to risk some redundance.

I fully expect that Navani will be our standard-issue Willshaper, to contrast with Venli's POV.

I do not expect to get any Elsecallers, just because of Jasnah's comment (in OB?) that Ivory is the only one of his kind that trusts humans.

We know that the Herdazian general is a Dustbringer, right? Maybe he has some squires? Maybe a few more of those?

There's the Stump who may have a bigger role. I expect a few more Truthwatchers to pop up among the scholars/radiants/stormwardens.

Edited by Q10fanatic
Got my radiant orders confused.

2 hours ago, Q10fanatic said:

It wouldn't shock me if Gaz and Vathah have attracted cryptics. We also know about the new Lightweaver, Stargyle.

Oh forgot about her.  I hope she is some kind of writer.

I know a popular theory is that most of Bridge 4 will turn into Windrunners, but I have a (slightly) crazy theory that Skar and/or Drehy may actually become Stonewards.

We know from the Order descriptions on Brandon’s website That the Stonewards motto is “I will be there when I’m needed”, and they both consistently had a knack for showing up just at the right time to save Adolin, Kaladin, Gavinor, etc. They are both very dependable. They are each athletic and good fighters. Skar was very much about team dynamics and felt a sense of satisfaction helping Lyn learn how to inhale Stormlight. The major counter to either of them not being selected by a Stoneward spren  (peakspren?) is that they’re currently Windrunner squires (and that we don’t yet know if Stoneward spren want to bond with humans again). 

Anyway, just a slightly crazy theory...

Edited by KiManiak

9 hours ago, KiManiak said:

I know a popular theory is that most of Bridge 4 will turn into Windrunners, but I have a (slightly) crazy theory that Skar and/or Drehy may actually become Stonewards.

We know from the Order descriptions on Brandon’s website That the Stonewards motto is “I will be there when I’m needed”, and they both consistently had a knack for showing up just at the right time to save Adolin, Kaladin, Gavinor, etc. They are both very dependable. They are each athletic and good fighters. Skar was very much about team dynamics and felt a sense of satisfaction helping Lyn learn how to inhale Stormlight. The major counter to either of them not being selected by a Stoneward spren  (peakspren?) is that they’re currently Windrunner squires (and that we don’t yet know if Stoneward spren want to bond with humans again). 

Anyway, just a slightly crazy theory...

Skar and Drehy have already attracted honorspren. Unless I miss read this WOB

Snote

Would you be willing to confirm if Skar is a proto-Radiant (on the same level as The Lopen?)

It is implied by his statement of "We protect those who cannot protect themselves", which is obviously an affirmation of the oath, if not an outright swearing of it. I could see it being either/or. He's a good man that did what he thought the order, and he himself, wanted or he just became a Radiant on the same level as Kaladin during the Battle of the Tower.

Thanks for your time. I understand if you can't/won't answer that at this time. It's simply a curiosity, so I get it if you're a bit too busy to answer. :P

Brandon Sanderson

By the end of Book Three, I'd put Skar very close to (though not quite at the level of) Lopen along the way toward full Radiant-hood.

General Reddit 2018 (July 16, 2018)

Edited by USS bridge four

I agree, Dustbringer seems the most likely. However, he could be a Stoneward, loosening the manacles slightly with Cohesion. Both are likely, considering that he fought a hopeless battle and lost many men. Is he a brave Stoneward or a destructive Dustbringer?

3 hours ago, USS bridge four said:

Skar and Drehy have already attracted honorspren. Unless I miss read this WOB

Brandon Sanderson

By the end of Book Three, I'd put Skar very close to (though not quite at the level of) Lopen along the way toward full Radiant-hood.

General Reddit 2018 (July 16, 2018)

Thanks for the quote; I either didn’t remember/know that WOB. I guess it’s all in how you read it. To me, it just states Skar’s on his way to Radianthood, but it doesn’t confirm his Radiant order. Nothing to stop him from attracting a Stonewardspren during their exodus from Kholinar to where Kaladin found them. Skar had ample opportunity to continue demonstrating his dependability and placing the needs of others before his own. Also, Drehy spoke the Windrunners second oath, not Skar. 

Again, I admit this is all speculation, but Skar does fit Brandon’s description of Stonewards rather well. 

As for the Mink, he could also be an interesting candidate for Stoneward, but I see Dustbringer or even Edgedancer as possibilities as well. 

So many new Radiant possibilities!

Edited by KiManiak

2 hours ago, Innovation said:

Edgedancer could be a possibility for the Mink. I agree, Skar is a good candidate for a Stoneward. Perhaps he will become a Stoneward and Windrunners squire. That would be an interesting combination.

Mink isn't much of an Edgedancer.  He keeps throwing people's lives away to resist the Singers.  I just don't see an Edgedancer doing that.