Ire

Hoid the Former Drifter

Question

6 answers to this question

57 minutes ago, Hoid the Drifter said:

Who are the Ire, what is their goal, and what are they doing on Scadrial? Don't they belong on Sel?

they're a very cosmere aware group of Elantrians. they have people on Scadrial(everyone is SH), Threnody(mentioned in SH) and Roshar(the lighthouse keeper in Shadesmar in Oathbringer). we dont know any of their goals, other than the fact that they wanted one of their own to Ascend to Preservation during the Events of SH

They're mostly... where you've seen them, is on Scadrial so far

Questioner

Why did the Elantrians came to Roshar in the first place? Because the question came up after I reread Elantris, so...

Brandon Sanderson

Are you talking about... specifically... the old ones? Yeah, why were they on Roshar? So, those specific individuals - the Ire, as we call them - are a group of Elantrians that are not representing all Elantrians. They were there. The one you've met is there for a specific reason. The Ire are involved there. They're mostly... where you've seen them, is on Scadrial so far, but they're interested in Roshar. You are talking about the lighthouse keeper, I assume? So, the lighthouse keeper, wouldn't... would be counted, I guess, as one of the Ire and is there for a specific purpose, but it is not related to their general purpose, that they're trying to achieve.

How's that for being vague? I'm sorry.

ICon 2019 (Oct. 15, 2019)

They're mostly... where you've seen them, is on Scadrial so far

Edited by Eternal Khol

3 minutes ago, Eternal Khol said:

Questioner

Why did the Elantrians came to Roshar in the first place? Because the question came up after I reread Elantris, so...

Brandon Sanderson

Are you talking about... specifically... the old ones? Yeah, why were they on Roshar? So, those specific individuals - the Ire, as we call them - are a group of Elantrians that are not representing all Elantrians. They were there. The one you've met is there for a specific reason. The Ire are involved there. They're mostly... where you've seen them, is on Scadrial so far, but they're interested in Roshar. You are talking about the lighthouse keeper, I assume? So, the lighthouse keeper, wouldn't... would be counted, I guess, as one of the Ire and is there for a specific purpose, but it is not related to their general purpose, that they're trying to achieve.

How's that for being vague? I'm sorry.

Ummmmmm... what?

24 minutes ago, Eternal Khol said:

relevant WoB on them

thats about as detailed as Brandon has been on the Subject

Also, that WoB is about Roshar, rather than Scadrial.

43 minutes ago, Hoid the Drifter said:

Who are the Ire, what is their goal, and what are they doing on Scadrial? Don't they belong on Sel?

Have you finished Secret History? Their goal is pretty apparent there.

22 minutes ago, Hoid the Drifter said:

What is WoB? I'm new.

Word of Brandon. Things Brandon has said during signings, interviews, and the like.

13 minutes ago, RShara said:

Also, that WoB is about Roshar, rather than Scadrial.

im aware:rolleyes:

i used that WoB because it was the most detailed, while still mentioning Scadrial, and didnt have a big pile of RAFO like all the others

"They're mostly... where you've seen them, is on Scadrial so far"

Edited by Eternal Khol