Alley Detective Agency

DramaQueen

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2020 at 8:54 PM, Elend Venture said:

"Good afternoon, my friends. How did that go?" Asked Nuemark, looking up from the pistol he had been cleaning.

@DramaQueen @AmazingGoob

@DramaQueen
"Ah, so you're the other employee? To answer your question, it went fine- we picked up a case and started on some leads. What my question is where you've been, my friend."

I'm getting really busy (school, work, etc.) so I might not have enough time to be on this RP much, but I'll try.

"Yes." Magnolia chimed in. "I would appreciate it if you would let me know when you have to leave. For example, I have other business to attend to currently, so I must go for a while. I'm not sure how long, but I am sure that you two will be able to handle this case for the time being." She then walked briskly out the door, throwing a hasty wave over her shoulder.

On 9/25/2020 at 3:00 PM, AmazingGoob said:

@DramaQueen
"Ah, so you're the other employee? To answer your question, it went fine- we picked up a case and started on some leads. What my question is where you've been, my friend."

"To answer your first question, I am indeed the other employee." Drawled Nuemark, loading seven rounds into his pistol's magazine as he spoke. "To answer you second, I was fetching this here lovely desk from my flat." He tapped the mostly full magazine on the simple but clean desk he had been sitting at.           

"Thought it would come on handy of either of us two ever have to do extra paperwork or that sort of thing. It also ain't so bad for cleaning guns." On that note the look on Nuemark's face darkened, as he was thinking about a specific event that had taken place earlier, directly after he had reached his flat. One who had once been a friend had been there. His gun hadn't needed cleaning before he'd gone back. The platform was very accurate, he mused, but it was unfoutunate how rapidly it fouled compared to what was on the market these days. Gas delayed blowbacks tended to show those characteristics in general though. For his purposes, the system was worth the excess burnt powder in the action for its accuracy.

Aligning the pistol's slide with its rails, Nuemark slid it back on, slamming in the magazine and racking it. He clicked the safety on, off, on, off, on, off, on. Seven times. It was a good number, one that made him feel secure. He knew that that tick of his was stupid as he slid the handgun into its holster, but had felt obligated to do it anyways. He both hated and loved that number, that pistol, this life. And for better or for worse, all three seemed to be permanently connected for Nuemark.

@AmazingGoob

Edited by Elend Venture

On 9/25/2020 at 3:10 PM, DramaQueen said:

"Yes." Magnolia chimed in. "I would appreciate it if you would let me know when you have to leave. For example, I have other business to attend to currently, so I must go for a while. I'm not sure how long, but I am sure that you two will be able to handle this case for the time being." She then walked briskly out the door, throwing a hasty wave over her shoulder.

19 hours ago, Elend Venture said:

"To answer your first question, I am indeed the other employee." Drawled Nuemark, loading seven rounds into his pistol's magazine as he spoke. "To answer you second, I was fetching this here lovely desk from my flat." He tapped the mostly full magazine on the simple but clean desk he had been sitting at.           

"Thought it would come on handy of either of us two ever have to do extra paperwork or that sort of thing. It also ain't so bad for cleaning guns." On that note the look on Nuemark's face darkened, as he was thinking about a specific event that had taken place earlier, directly after he had reached his flat. One who had once been a friend had been there. His gun hadn't needed cleaning before he'd gone back. The platform was very accurate, he mused, but it was unfoutunate how rapidly it fouled compared to what was on the market these days. Gas delayed blowbacks tended to show those characteristics in general though. For his purposes, the system was worth the excess burnt powder in the action for its accuracy.

Aligning the pistol's slide with its rails, Nuemark slid it back on, slamming in the magazine and racking it. He clicked the safety on, off, on, off, on, off, on. Seven times. It was a good number, one that made him feel secure. He knew that that tick of his was stupid as he slid the handgun into its holster, but had felt obligated to do it anyways. He both hated and loved that number, that pistol, this life. And for better or for worse, all three seemed to be permanently connected for Nuemark.

@AmazingGoob

"That's the second time Magnolia has done that today- simply walking out for 'other business'. Do you know where she goes?"
As he waits for a response watches you clean your gun with interest.

On 9/27/2020 at 8:16 PM, AmazingGoob said:

"That's the second time Magnolia has done that today- simply walking out for 'other business'. Do you know where she goes?"
As he waits for a response watches you clean your gun with interest.

"Well to be honest, I have no idea." Said Nuemark, standing up and pulling on his overcoat. "Maybe she is visiting a bank for financing or such, though it is curious. I trust her to not be keeping secrets from her colleagues, but maybe. . .I don't know, I've just been set up by criminals too many times to ignore even a little strange behavior from good, innocent people. My first instinct is that she may be being extorted by someone in the city, maybe close by enough to get there in under an hour of walking; this is a quiet alley, and I haven't heard any cars go by since the morning rush hour. What do you think?"

@AmazingGoob

Edited by Elend Venture

19 hours ago, Elend Venture said:

"Well to be honest, I have no idea." Said Nuemark, standing up and pulling on his overcoat. "Maybe she is visiting a bank for financing or such, though it is curious. I trust her to not be keeping secrets from her colleagues, but maybe. . .I don't know, I've just been set up by criminals too many times to ignore even a little strange behavior from good, innocent people. My first instinct is that she may be being extorted by someone in the city, maybe close by enough to get there in under an hour of walking; this is a quiet alley, and I haven't heard any cars go by since the morning rush hour. What do you think?"

@AmazingGoob

"These are all quite possible. She certainly seems the type to allow herself to be extorted, though if I were the extorter I would choose someone with a bit more money than her. We'll have to see if she continues to leave."
"Anyway, would you wish to go get a drink down at a bar?"

Let's go give @A Windrunner something to do over at the bleeding spike tavern