Nightblood... possibility of a sequel...

Dean

Warbreaker deserves a sequel...

Would like to know the possibilty of us getting one...

How likely is it... that we may get Nightblood, even before SA first arc is done? Or maybe during the later arc?

On 7/21/2020 at 4:24 PM, Dean said:

Warbreaker deserves a sequel...

Would like to know the possibilty of us getting one...

How likely is it... that we may get Nightblood, even before SA first arc is done? Or maybe during the later arc?

we probably wont get it until Stormlight 5 and The Lost Metal are released.i think brandon said he plans on a early 2022 release for The Lost Metal. It takes Brandon 3 years, minimum, to write a SA novel so, optimistically, it'll probably 2026-2027 at the earliest, that he starts writing it(assuming he doesnt do Elantris sequel or anything else first)

Brandon Sanderson

Updates on Secondary Projects

Elantris, Warbreaker, Rithmatist

No updates from last year, I'm afraid. There was no intention to make progress on these this year. Once Alcatraz is wrapped up, I'll turn my attention back to The Rithmatist as the last looming series that needs a wrap-up that hasn't gotten one. Elantris and Warbreaker sequels aren't to be expected until Stormlight Five and Wax and Wayne Four are done.

State of the Sanderson 2018 (Dec. 19, 2018)

Edited by Eternal Khol
Typos

59 minutes ago, Hoid the Drifter said:

When is that?

Well, itll be about a 1-1.5 years before The Lost Metal is released. Plus 3-3.5 years to write and publish SA 5

so 2025 at the earliest will be when he can write it, but he also has the Elantris sequels and Mistborn era 3 planned to be written around the same time, so it might be 2026 or so depending on what he decides to write first.

there also a chance it might not be written until after SA 6 which would make it at least 10 more years

Edited by Eternal Khol

SA5 writing will start on January 2022, according to himself: 

Unless he delays the start of his writing It will be released in late 2023, I'm sure of this. He has the story completely outlined already, he spent a good time of ROW specifically creating a plot to only develop in the SA5. If anything I won't be surprised if this will be the book the writes the fastest 

These are the books he's planning to release in the break from the SA arcs:

- Elantris trilogy
- Mistborn third trilogy
- Nightblood

I'm actually thinking Elantris trilogy is the hardest here. Elantris is his first cosmere work and is almost 20 years old. Sel is a main system with the least information and worldbulding, but still a focus point of cosmere, he needs to spend some time here. I won't be surprised if he releases 3 and not 2 Elantris sequels

Mistborn third trilogy is already a working in progress. Second quadrilogy was make to help him with worldbuilding and to "test" the ideas of the third trilogy. I'm sure in a matter of 4 ou 5 years he will finish the trilogy for good.

So with that in mind, there is not way for Nightblood come out before 2030. It can take as long as 2035, because I have a slightly filling he will release something either a standalone novel or whatever, about other shardworlds during the break of SA arcs 1 and 2. In reality Nightblood look very attached with SA arc 2, so I won't be surprised if it ends being the book released immediately before SA arc 2

Edited by IcaroRibeiro