Does anyone know when the US cover will be released for RoW?

I don't want to criticise Michael Whelan or anything, but he seems to be much later with this cover? I remember OB's cover was released like 8 months before the book, and we've barely got 4 to go for RoW. Is he just crazy busy these days or something?

On 7/22/2020 at 2:55 AM, RShara said:

In the recent Stormlight Update, Brandon said that they'd just barely started receiving the sketches from Michael Whelan. So it's going to be a while until it's ready.

As a big nerd who watches Brandon Sanderson's signing videos, I know that the cover isnt done just yet but the artist is making great progress. No idea how long those big epic paintings take.

On 23/07/2020 at 5:53 AM, Goatbringer said:

I don't want to criticise Michael Whelan or anything, but he seems to be much later with this cover? I remember OB's cover was released like 8 months before the book, and we've barely got 4 to go for RoW. Is he just crazy busy these days or something?

Yeah it's much later than previous years - maybe Michael Whelan had a busy year OR Covid stopped him going to his studio or something. That said we should definately see it some time next month I think or there won't be time to get it printed before release.