4 minutes ago, Gears said:

Special mention for Ashbringer, who got many "Noted, but reserving judgement". 

5 minutes ago, Gears said:

Out of everyone with a vote on them, I would be willing to lynch Ashbringer or Frozen Mint.

I'm kind of confused as to why you chose to vote for Ashbringer after having them as NAI? Why not vote for one of your actual Jeskeri reads? This feels bandwagony to me!!!

9 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

I thought I had clarified that that is not what I meant in my reply to Mint? In this post:

So I thought the remainder of your points here below are why you suspected me:

[MY READ ON TJ]

My issue with it was primarily that it's an odd thing to start with! You saying that it doesn't mean you want to vote Cultists doesn't particularly matter for that, since my main point is your initial focus on Cultists at all!!

12 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

And yeah, I got the feeling that Ashbringer is trying to throw shade on me as well, buffing up suspicion with "Too many convenient things he has forgotten".

If you really are Korathi, why does that make you want to vote for them? That sounds like much more of a Cultist thing for Ash to do rather than a Practitioner thing!!! Unless you're admitting to being Jeskeri? :P

Just now, Straw said:

I'm kind of confused as to why you chose to vote for Ashbringer after having them as NAI? Why not vote for one of your actual Jeskeri reads? This feels bandwagony to me!!!

I did not feel confident in the possibility of a Frozen Mint lynch and I would prefer to ensure the lynch of someone I found notable [even if I didn't have significant leanings] than cause a tie. If someone is willing to vote Frozen Mint, I will switch my vote.

2 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

And as TJ's mentioned, if we lynch a Cultist it's not a bad thing. They are trying to kill us after all :P- though we'd rather hit a JP over a Cultist, hitting a Cultist is much preferred over Korathi.

There's no way to stop the Cultists from killing us, so killing them does us no good in this regard. Fewer Cultists probably means they'll be more helpful in catching Practitioners, but it also brings us closer to losing.

2 hours ago, Haelbarde said:

If it gets to the point that practioners buss the Korathi Cultist, it will because we're all dead and the only non-Jeskeri left must be the Korathi Cultist. At which point it's a little too late for us.

The Practitioners could probably kill the Korathi Cultist before gaining majority by having one of them claim KC, since we'd have to resolve a dual claim eventually and could get it wrong.

21 minutes ago, Frozen Mint said:

I'm wondering if it's in our interest for all the Cultists in the Jeskeri doc to die. That would lead to two possible scenarios: (1) The JP's aren't sure how many Cultists there are, so they might believe that there are more remaining in their doc. So they kill a couple of extra JP's on accident. Good for us. (2) The JP's, at some point, reasonably deduce that they have killed all the Cultists in their doc, forcing their attention onto the main lynch. At that point, this basically becomes much more similar to a standard game. The Practioners' goal will be much more focused, so their analyses and voting trends will provide more direct hints.

It's definitely not in our interest for all the Cultists in the Jeskeri doc to die, but it will happen eventually unless we do a good job hitting Practitioners with the main vote.

I’m not so sure if I’m interested in lynching ash. I’m going to have to go back and read their posts, but nothings jumped out at me much as being suspect. Then again, it is the first round.

After rereading my own reads list, I have decided against lynching Ashbringer in favor of Frozen Mint. I think I somehow accidentally voted the wrong person and decided to justify it to myself so the cognitive dissonance would fade.

Edited by Gears

1 minute ago, Straw said:

If you really are Korathi, why does that make you want to vote for them? That sounds like much more of a Cultist thing for Ash to do rather than a Practitioner thing!!! Unless you're admitting to being Jeskeri? :P

Jeskeri are also using the lynch to find out Korathi Cultist? Only Cultists are trying to mislynch us? No, even the Practitioners would want to mislynch us hoping they'd hit the KC. I've said it time and again, the JP cannot afford to waste a public lynch on themselves as they cannot win without killing the KC. Since the public lynch is the only way they can kill KC, they will use it at every opportunity to hit the KC. 

So, I would just like to say that I am very thoroughly confused by this game right now. :P 

I think my best bet to get someone that I believe could be a JP (or maybe a cultist) is Pyro. His claiming and stuff just doesn't make any sense to me as a plan for a Korathi. Other than that, I don't really have many reads on anyone. The stuff with Sart felt weird, but I have no idea what to make of it. 

4 minutes ago, Lotus said:

@Straw This personality ends every sentence with exclamation or question mark.

Correct!!!

2 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

So, I would just like to say that I am very thoroughly confused by this game right now. :P 

I think my best bet to get someone that I believe could be a JP (or maybe a cultist) is Pyro. His claiming and stuff just doesn't make any sense to me as a plan for a Korathi. Other than that, I don't really have many reads on anyone. The stuff with Sart felt weird, but I have no idea what to make of it. 

TBH, I think Pyro's thing is entirely null for now!! I could totally see him doing it just for fun!!!

22 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

Jeskeri are also using the lynch to find out Korathi Cultist? Only Cultists are trying to mislynch us? No, even the Practitioners would want to mislynch us hoping they'd hit the KC. I've said it time and again, the JP cannot afford to waste a public lynch on themselves as they cannot win without killing the KC. Since the public lynch is the only way they can kill KC, they will use it at every opportunity to hit the KC. 

I very much disagree!!! Their chances of hitting a Cultist are much higher if they direct the lynch within themselves!!! They'd want to wait longer to figure out who the KC is!!!

2 minutes ago, Straw said:

I very much disagree!!! Their chances of hitting a Cultist are much higher if they direct the lynch within themselves!!! They'd want to wait longer to figure out who the KC is!!!

If they mis-hit one of them here, and they mis-hit one of them via their Jeskeri Inquisition, that's 2 of them down in the first cycle. I doubt they would want to take the risk. I have no clue how the team is distributed, but if they follow this approach, there's a good chance that they lose the majority in the doc soon and let the Cultists lead the votes.

37 minutes ago, Gears said:

Kasimir: 

• 9: Votes Sart for the plan. [Sidenote, I like this game analysis in RP thing you're doing] NAI
  • 16: Sart is not new. NAI.
  • 27: Acknowledges Drake's vote. NAI
  • 54: Doesn't really suspect Sart. Votes self. Noted but reserving judgement.
  • 72: Busy right now. NAI
  • 75: Elkanah+Drake? TJ too? Only Hael's word for Pyro claim. Lotus hopped on really fast. Pyro is being really sus. Straw, Matrim, look at connections. Good point about Lotus, but I can verify Hael's statement. Pyro claimed standard Korathi to me, so I asked Pyro if they claimed to anyone else, and they said they claimed Cultist to Hael. I PMed Hael to confirm.
  • 77: Playstyle chat. NAI

[OOC: Thanks! Alas, I have to drop it for the moment. I have a killer migraine thanks to yesterday's stunt, so I'm going to drop the RP style for the moment, do this, and crash. I'd like to engage more with game stuff but that's not really gonna happen right now.

54: I don't especially suspect Sart :P i.e. I'm not convinced of his relative Korathi-ness, but I don't have strong beliefs on what he might be. As far as I'm concerned, my default stance to any player in a game is that of suspicion. My view is just that as a player who has a history of doing kayana things in-game, I cannot consistently do kayana things to stir discussion and also hold it against Sart for doing it. (Which is what Sart claims is the reason why he did it anyway.) Whether Sart is truthful or not is another issue altogether. I do think this raises several questions: two of which specifically I am curious about, what sorts of discursive gains does @Sart expect from this move, and also, why then bluff about voting for the first person to start a lynch going?

75: With the caveat it's all D1-type analysis and largely gut-driven because I do not have the time to go in-depth - I'm especially interested in connections and omissions between players. @Elkanah is right to point out that Sart could be an easy lynch (*I actually don't think it's that straightforward, but not important. Someone had to call Sart's bluff, and in my eyes, it's interesting (though admittedly I am immediately not sure what to make of it) that Sart pulled back from going into a tie situation, especially since he is being voted for. I also think the logical thing to do is to vote for Sart when calling his bluff, since that put him on top of the lynch and gave him an incentive to do something :P ) So, I mentioned being interested in connections and omissions and shopped around for quick votes that were just as easily retracted. Hello, @DrakeMarshall :) Whom Elk puts into NAI. That's something I want to keep an eye on: is there a motivation for this? Perhaps some connection there

The TJ issue with Drake strikes me as another claim that's... okay, yeah, it's D1, but I honestly think it's a bit of a D1 sophistry slapfight, which makes me wonder if @TJ Shade is trying too hard. Sure, the Korathi wincon is rooting out the practitioners. But I would argue that if we lose majority to them, it makes it significantly easier for practitioners to control the second lynch. It's a necessary condition but not a sufficient condition for losing the game as Korathi, so I'd say that I'm not particularly interested in losing that canary in the coal mine. With TJ comes Straw and Ashbringer because they're locking horns. I'm still trying to work out the cluster here and what bothers me about it. 

Anyway, thanks for the clarification on Hael's claim - I was definitely worried about it coming so late in the cycle, and with no independent agreement. I'm still a bit bothered by it too, but I'll take a look another time.

This was supposed to come a lot faster but there was a cockroach and I was summoned to be the instrument of protective fury so... Yeah. Sorry.]

Hello! I only just was able to get on after my camping trip, and so I am going to use the reasoning on just this page. Sorry, but I only had 5 minutes. Frozen Mint. That should be it for today as I have to get off again. 

I go to play on the Alleyverse for one hour, and come back to this. Well... :P

Here's what I got.

1 hour ago, TJ Shade said:

Bold mine. They cannot kill us at their will! They do not control the lynch. But the context in which it was spoken is - Straw argued that it's not unbelievable that a villager can forget (or not notice) their own loss condition, while simultaneously suspecting me as a JP because I noticed the losscon and told non-Korathi might not notice them hence spoke falsely (i.e. Drake). Is a village not noticing a higher possibility than non-villager assuming the losscon and speaking false? My argument was no. "Seems to be forgetting too many convenient things"? Plural? Please state more. 

So I definitely wasn't focusing on the bold. But even if the JP can't control the lynch, they can still greatly influence it if they aren't suspected as much. Especially when I had made that post, where there was a 6 way tie for the lynch. And especially because people seem to think that the JP will direct the lynch on other Jeskeri in order to try and hit a Cultist, which makes them look like Korathi even if they miss. But JP don't want to keep Korathi alive; they can just semi-safetly ignore us and let the Cultists take us out. If we lose control of the lynch, then the Jeskeri have a much higher chance of hitting Cultists, and can kill the suspected KC with relative ease. While we can still win, that is in no way ideal.

There's a few other things that I've noticed in you're posts that are odd. Your first post had an odd tone, as if you were focusing on the first lynch instead of the overall game. Odd when there's no votes. You seem to think that Sart wanted to be suspicious of people (like me) who opposed his idea, when he said he only wanted to promote discussion. And you seem to be highly downplaying how much impact losing control of the lynch has on the Korathi. You say that it should be "obvious" that Sart is an old player to Lotus, who is new and has played two games total - and even if Sart has a lot of posts, that doesn't equal a lot of time on SE (I know he has, but Lotus seemingly didn't). And you immediately accepted Lotus' defense as valid and then kept your vote (?).

1 hour ago, Frozen Mint said:

We've had votes on so many people, I'd be surprised if at least one of them wasn't on a Practitioner. Ties are decided randomly so it's in the Practioners' interest to break it. I'm looking at Lotus and Ashbringer for bringing the vote in closer. Ash has also given herself some flexibility by saying that she might change her vote later which can be convenient if you're watching the vote to make sure the tie stays away from specific players.

One, "Ash" is a he in this case. (I probably should have seen this coming with Shalash/Ash the Herald being so important in SA, but... oh well, I like my name. No harm done.)

Second, well, now my vote will need to change for self-preservation. And I haven't had much chance to make suspicions because my main target was Sart's "bluff".

1 hour ago, TJ Shade said:

And yeah, I got the feeling that Ashbringer is trying to throw shade on me as well, buffing up suspicion with "Too many convenient things he has forgotten".

Well, here's some "buffed-up suspicion". How do you plead?

1 hour ago, Gears said:

Ash: 

• 11: Strongly disagrees with Sart because the JP must kill the KC through the lynch. Ash, your paragraph discussing Jeskeri strategies appears to be cut off. I agree that the two strategies you have laid out seem sub-optimal. NAI
  • 26: Doesn't understand what Devotary is saying. NAI
  • 32: Still doesn't understand what Devotary is saying. Doesn't understand why the cultists would claim. NAI
  • 34: Notes that Cultists must make sure that more Korathi die whilst ensuring that the lynch remains out of JP control. Mentions how KC can be bussed [meant hammer]. NAI
  • 37: Clarifies point, meant hammer. NAI
  • 39: Doesn't buy the bluff, but thinks Sart is more Korathi, though might be KC, which I disagree with. Noted, but reserving judgement.
  • 69: Doesn't think plan will work. Asks Elkanah about spreadsheet. NAI
  • 78: TJ forgot about JP using lynch to kill Cultists. Votes TJ for convenient amnesia, which I haven't seen, Noted, but reserving judgement.

Reads: 

• TJ: Mild Korathi for saying that lynching a cultist is not intrinsically bad.
  • Matrim: Mild not-JP for ignoring a potential cultist
  • Sart: Not-Korathi for proposal and subsequent retraction.
  • Frozen Mint: Mild Jeskeri for talking about things irrelevant to Korathi
  • Illwei: Mild Jeskeri for speculating on Jeskeri strategy.
  • Elkanah: Mild Korathi for the spreadsheet.
  • Special mention for Ashbringer, who got many "Noted, but reserving judgement". 

Out of everyone with a vote on them, I would be willing to lynch Ashbringer or Frozen Mint.

Gears, like Straw said this feels like a Bandwagon, as you're voting on someone for being Noteworthy rather than suspicious.

41 minutes ago, Gears said:

After rereading my own reads list, I have decided against lynching Ashbringer in favor of Frozen Mint. I think I somehow accidentally voted the wrong person and decided to justify it to myself so the cognitive dissonance would fade.

... okay... sure. Bandwagon avoided. Still Sus.

For self-preservation, Frozen Mint, as you're "analysis" is very convenient to start a bandwagon.

Well. If I die, take a good look at TJ.

Edit: Okay, Ninja'd by Vapor. Fantastic. You'll note that I've been typing this for a while.

Edited by Ashbringer

2 minutes ago, Gears said:

Indeed. But suspicious in a JP way or a cultist way? 

I don't know. Depends how Mint and TJ flip. But I'll go with Cultist. For now.

Edit: No, I think TJ's more a JP. So I think you're Jeskeri. Cultist or not I can't tell.

Edited by Ashbringer

40 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

Much as the Practitioners would like to hit the KC, the odds of them actually accomplishing this are low. This cycle, sure, get the vote close and go for a random swing, but they also want to clear out the Jeskeri doc as quickly as possible. If they actually had a good suspicion it would be reasonable to go for it. At the very least, having more JP alive when they clear the doc makes it easier to false claim KC by bussing a teammate.

Pyro (3) - Haelbarde, Lotus, Striker
Ashbringer (3
) - Elkanah, Mint, TJ
Frozen Mint (4) - Matrim, Gears, Vapor, Ashbringer, Devotary
TJ (1) - Ashbringer
Kasimir (1) - Kasimir (????)
Elkanah (1) - Drake
Straw (1) - Sart
Lotus (1) - TJ
Matrim (1) - Straw

I don't really see JP!Pyro asking people if they're cultists because it's highly unlikely a Korathi would lie and any actual cultist would know not to say yes.

I was going to vote for Mint, but I don't really like the last minute votes. I can't really blame Vapor though since she did the same thing I was going to do, so I'll stick with Frozen Mint.

o_0

That's a lot of words. I'll read them all during rollover. Not sure how I feel about the lynch I suggested being the one happening and the possible shade it would throw on me in the case I'm wrong.

QF46 (Cycle 2): The Unfaithful Shall Die

It was only a short trek to the door inside the temple from the outside. They'd cleared out all the traps, so they could come back out whenever they liked, though a number of the group stayed near the door examining it. Some were trying to study it, some wanted to know if it could be broken, and some just didn't want to miss if it opened.

So there was some traffic between the door and the outside. But not a lot - not enough. So it was at least an hour after he'd died that they found Shao, a curved knife sticking out of his chest, lying at the entrance to the temple with his arms laid on his stomach. His face looked almost peaceful, but not quite - as if someone had tried to move his shape into that expression after he died and hadn't quite gotten it right.

That was the first death.

Straw was Cultist-killed! He was Korathi.
Mint died to the Korathi & co Inquisition! She was Korathi.
Lotus died to the Jeskeri Inquisition! They were a Jeskeri Practitioner.

Vote Count
Mint (5): Ash, Devotary, Gears, Matrim, Vapor
Ash (3): Elk, Mint, TJ
Pyro (3): Hael, Lotus, Striker
Elk (1): Drake
Matrim (1): Straw
Straw (1): Sart
Kas (1): Kas

Cycle 2 has begun. It will end in 23 hours at 12pm Pacific Time. Please remember 1) bold your votes, and 2) that the inactivity filter is only satisfied by posting in the thread; activity in docs or PMs does not count.

Player List
1. @Ashbringer - AraRaashe

2. @Haelbarde 
3. @Kasimir - Kiean
4. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Serenken
5. @TJ Shade - Aanalan
6. @Lord_Silberfarben - Ashen Silberfarben
7. @Young Bard - Reolene
8. @Gears - Kiati
9. Straw - Korathi
10. @Matrim's Dice - Dasehe
11. @xinoehp512
12. @Mist - Tamai
13. @StrikerEZ
14. @The Young Pyromancer - Mancia Young
15. Lotus - Jeskeri Practitioner
16. @DrakeMarshall - Merryn
17. @Vapor - Grace
18. Mint - Korathi
19. @Sart - Sevat
20. @Illwei - Avanae
21. @Elkanah - Kaleno

So, why Straw? If the cultists were trying to kill Korathi, was he discussed in the Practitioner doc and no one showed any real objection to his kill, so people thought he would be a good target? If so, they underestimated straw. He could have easily turned the kill away from himself without openly defending his kill.

Maybe the Cultists haven't played with Straw much.

Merciful Domi! Dasehe thought as she stared at the three bodies lining the floor that had just been discovered. Three dead, so soon... she shivered. She couldn't think about it, not now. Not during this specific expedition- though she had to. For poor, poor, Hinari was dead to her fellow Korathi, fueled by their desire to find the Jeskeri hidden among them.

Fueled by a voiced comment that Dasehe had made the day before.

She shivered.

But the mob was right- there were Jeskeri among the party. The two other deaths proved that, but the interesting thing was, that a search of the fellow called Sun proved that he was not one of those crazy cultists. Meaning the Jeskeri had their own disagreement. 

Thank goodness.

All they could to was press on. The secrets of the temple were there, in front of her, and Domi help her as long as she was alive, Dasehe would discover them.

Well that's mildly unfortunate. At least the Jeskeri Inquisition killed off a Practitioner.

I feel like the Mint lynch was pretty bandwagony at the end of the cycle. I'd be shocked if all the votes on her were Korathi, and I think an analysis on those votes is worth looking at, probably from someone who didn't vote Mint.

2 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

So, why Straw? If the cultists were trying to kill Korathi, was he discussed in the Practitioner doc and no one showed any real objection to his kill, so people thought he would be a good target? If so, they underestimated straw. He could have easily turned the kill away from himself without openly defending his kill.

Maybe the Cultists haven't played with Straw much.

Not sure what you mean. I just assumed he was killed because the Cultists would know the Jeskeri lynch would get a JP, so they went with a Korathi that was well trusted and would be an unlikely mislynch.

And yeah, sad we only got to see one personality :( 

I was looking forward to seeing Straw's personalities. Oh well. Straw, could you keep up the personalities in the dead doc? 

The following is an analysis of the votes last cycle. Notable votes [such as those on Frozen Mint] are marked with an asterisk*

Kasimir votes Sart for their no-lynch proposal.

Drake votes Kasimir because of mislynch potential

Straw votes TJ based on gut.

Drake retracts Kasimir and votes Elkanah as a poke.

Sart votes Straw because they think Straw is wrong, but Sart neglects to explain why they think Straw is wrong. 

Elkanah votes Ashbringer because of their focus on the JP

Kasimir votes for themself.

*Matrim votes for Frozen Mint based on gut and PMs. [This is particularly notable because Matrim provides reasoning, but said reasoning is unverifiable.]

*Straw votes Matrim for voting on Mint for being elimy. 

Hael votes Pyro for claiming in PMs. [If I didn't know that this was true, I would find this suspicious, but Pyro themself verified this.]

Lotus votes Pyro. [Given that Lotus was a JP, it is possible that Pyro is Jeskeri and Lotus suspected them of being a cultist]

*Ashbringer votes TJ Shade because they have been "forgetting too many convenient things" [Notable because I agree with many of TJ's points, so this strikes me as strange. It may not be notable.]

TJ votes Ashbringer because they think they have not been "forgetting too many convenient things"

Gears votes Ashbringer. [I don't know why I did this. I was going to vote Mint. Even worse, I defended it.] 

*Gears retracts Ashbringer and votes Frozen Mint. [I finally realised my mistake!]

Striker votes Pyro because they don't think Pyro is Korathi.

*Vapor votes Frozen Mint with no reasoning [I know you were on a time crunch, but still.]

*Ashbringer votes Frozen Mint in self-preservation

*Devotary votes on Frozen Mint, stating that they were going to vote on Mint the whole time. [Did I miss your reasoning? You stated that you were planning on voting on Mint, but I find no evidence of this] @Devotary of Spontaneity, I want your reasoning for voting Mint. 

Conclusion: @Sart, I find myself suspicious of you. You proposed an odd proposal and retracted and voted Straw with a shoddy explanation. @Illwei, @Lord_Silberfarben, @Young Bard, talk more please. @Ashbringer, I disagree with you concerning TJ.

6 minutes ago, Gears said:

Conclusion: @Sart, I find myself suspicious of you. You proposed an odd proposal and retracted and voted Straw with a shoddy explanation. @Illwei, @Lord_Silberfarben, @Young Bard, talk more please. @Ashbringer, I disagree with you concerning TJ.

I'm not sure on TJ. I went head-to-head with Sart immediately, but I don't know what to make of a bluff, and that discussion is mostly over. I would like @TJ Shade to make some response to what I asked last cycle (admittedly late, as I took a while to re-check the thread and type it all up):

TJ Shade said:

Bold mine. They cannot kill us at their will! They do not control the lynch. But the context in which it was spoken is - Straw argued that it's not unbelievable that a villager can forget (or not notice) their own loss condition, while simultaneously suspecting me as a JP because I noticed the losscon and told non-Korathi might not notice them hence spoke falsely (i.e. Drake). Is a village not noticing a higher possibility than non-villager assuming the losscon and speaking false? My argument was no. "Seems to be forgetting too many convenient things"? Plural? Please state more. 

(Sorry, making quotes from a locked thread is hard.)

So I definitely wasn't focusing on the bold. But even if the JP can't control the lynch, they can still greatly influence it if they aren't suspected as much. Especially when I had made that post, where there was a 6 way tie for the lynch. And especially because people seem to think that the JP will direct the lynch on other Jeskeri in order to try and hit a Cultist, which makes them look like Korathi even if they miss. But JP don't want to keep Korathi alive; they can just semi-safetly ignore us and let the Cultists take us out. If we lose control of the lynch, then the Jeskeri have a much higher chance of hitting Cultists, and can kill the suspected KC with relative ease. While we can still win, that is in no way ideal.

There's a few other things that I've noticed in you're posts that are odd. Your first post had an odd tone, as if you were focusing on the first lynch instead of the overall game. Odd when there's no votes. You seem to think that Sart wanted to be suspicious of people (like me) who opposed his idea, when he said he only wanted to promote discussion. And you seem to be highly downplaying how much impact losing control of the lynch has on the Korathi. You say that it should be "obvious" that Sart is an old player to Lotus, who is new and has played two games total - and even if Sart has a lot of posts, that doesn't equal a lot of time on SE (I know he has, but Lotus seemingly didn't). And you immediately accepted Lotus' defense as valid and then kept your vote (?).

I will say: Sart voted on Straw. And now Straw is dead to the Cultists. Make of that what you will.

And I still don't like that Mint, TJ, and Gears voted on me in direct sequence, even if Mint was a Korathi. I'm going to be taking a good look at the other when one of them flips.

Edited by Ashbringer

3 minutes ago, Gears said:

I want your reasoning for voting Mint.

It was between Pyro, Mint, and Ashbringer for plausible targets. I said why I didn't want to vote for Pyro. Ashbringer was maybe a bit antagonistic towards the Cultists, but I didn't get a strong sense he actually wanted them dead as opposed to suggesting what the Practitioners would probably do. I voted for Mint mostly because she suggested it could be a good thing for the Jeskeri cultists to die, which seemed like it could be coming from a Practitioner mindset.